Willian

Jase

Willian has revealed that he wants to sign a new contract with Chelsea but admits he is in the dark about whether the club intend to offer him a new deal.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/20/willian-targets-chelsea-stay-admits-not-received-assurances-8953429/?ito=cbshare

I'm not fan of Willian there's one thing about him he's loyalty to the club it's a shame it's  the wrong player you want to be to loyalty to our club 

1 hour ago, the wes said:

Willian has revealed that he wants to sign a new contract with Chelsea but admits he is in the dark about whether the club intend to offer him a new deal.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/20/willian-targets-chelsea-stay-admits-not-received-assurances-8953429/?ito=cbshare

I'm not fan of Willian there's one thing about him he's loyalty to the club it's a shame it's  the wrong player you want to be to loyalty to our club 

JESUS CHRIST! IF WE OFFER HIM A NEW DEAL... :rant:

Only one year for over 30 y.o. players is just another stupid daisy our board invented. 

Football is changing and many footballers nowdays can easily play at their best even at 30, 31, 32, 33. The line is moving up. Real had Ronaldo, Marcelo, Ramos, Modric all beyond 30. As long they are quality, you extend. 

Sure we had Malouda situation here, but its on board to give player contract they deserve. And to not give to one that doesnt.

The problem isnt giving 30 year olds longer contract, but which 30 year olds.

Seems board doesnt have a clue how long the players will remain good, so they invented this policy to prevent signing 30 year olds on more than 1 year, to prevent themselves from fucking up again. 

Yet for all this talk of 30 year old + policy, they casualy extended Alonso until he is 32 when he already sucks at 28. Alonso of all people. Just another big fuck up by the board. 

And then when we wont be able to get rid of Alonso, the board will be talking about how important it is to not give 30 year olds long contracts. Fucking idiots.

23 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Only one year for over 30 y.o. players is just another stupid daisy our board invented. 

Football is changing and many footballers nowdays can easily play at their best even at 30, 31, 32, 33. The line is moving up. Real had Ronaldo, Marcelo, Ramos, Modric all beyond 30. As long they are quality, you extend. 

No multiyear for 30 plus is actually one of the few things I agree with the board on.

3 of those 4 players you listed are in freefall. Marcelo (like 95% of fullbacks, go look at my multiple posts fully documenting this), hit 30 and is collapsing. Modric (33 and now will rapidly decline), post WC and then that rotten cunt Ramos (32yo and now in rapid decline) both look like shit now, especially Ramos. Modric may eek out a year or two more in Serie A at a decent level.

Bottom line I disagree with you on both those points. It would be utterly foolish to break the no multiyear for 30yo plus rule for such utterly mediocre players and Willian and Luiz

Luiz can accept a 1 year extension or GTFO, and same for Willian,, with added caveat for Willie of no 1 year extension , sell his arse even if no window, as we will lose him on a free in 2020. Luiz walks on a free this summer.

THANKS BOARD, for turning down £95m in hard offers for both last summer. You thick cunts.

12 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Giving him an extension would truly show the board's ambition. 

We know Roman won't sack his 'friends', so the possibility of Ratcliffe coming in would be better by the day. 

I hope Saudi Arabia moves away from United since it's obvious the Glazars don't want to sell and come for us.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

No multiyear for 30 plus is actually one of the few things I agree with the board on.

3 of those 4 players you listed are in freefall. Marcelo (like 95% of fullbacks, go look at my multiple posts fully documenting this), hit 30 and is collapsing. Modric (33 and now will rapidly decline), post WC and then that rotten cunt Ramos (32yo and now in rapid decline) both look like shit now, especially Ramos. Modric may eek out a year or two more in Serie A at a decent level.

Bottom line I disagree with you on both those points. It would be utterly foolish to break the no multiyear for 30yo plus rule for such utterly mediocre players and Willian and Luiz

Luiz can accept a 1 year extension or GTFO, and same for Willian,, with added caveat for Willie of no 1 year extension , sell his arse even if no window, as we will lose him on a free in 2020. Luiz walks on a free this summer.

THANKS BOARD, for turning down £95m in hard offers for both last summer. You thick cunts.

I do like the stance because as you outlined a number of players do start declining, maybe not at 30 but very few remain at their peak by around 32.

However I do think the 'policy' should be considered on each individual basis as opposed to just a blanket policy. The likes of Cole, Terry, Lampard and Drogba all played big roles in winning trophies well into their 30's and it could very well be argued some of their better seasons individually all took place the wrong side of 30. Also I just wonder whether the club's policy would remain in place if this was Kante or Hazard. Would we seriously risk losing players of that calibre by only offering one year extensions?

In the case of Willian and Luiz, neither in my eyes are indispensable and as a result i do agree with only offering one year contract extensions. Both are still well capable with playing relatively important roles at the club, but there is an argument in both cases will they continue to block opportunities for some of our more talented younger players, namely in this example Christensen and CHO.

I've always felt with the majority of players in the situation of Luiz and Willian we should offer one year deals with an additional year option based on number of appearances or certain goals for that next season to be achieved. It keeps these players highly motivated to get the extra year and if they are still playing well and playing regularly in the first team then its good to be retaining them for an extra year.

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Sure we had Malouda situation here, but its on board to give player contract they deserve. And to not give to one that doesnt.

The problem isnt giving 30 year olds longer contract, but which 30 year olds.

Seems board doesnt have a clue how long the players will remain good, so they invented this policy to prevent signing 30 year olds on more than 1 year, to prevent themselves from fucking up again. 

Yet for all this talk of 30 year old + policy, they casualy extended Alonso until he is 32 when he already sucks at 28. Alonso of all people. Just another big fuck up by the board. 

And then when we wont be able to get rid of Alonso, the board will be talking about how important it is to not give 30 year olds long contracts. Fucking idiots.

We saw what happened before we put that policy on. We ended up with a squad full of 30 plus stagnant players who we couldn't shift (even if they gave one last extreme push at the end to get us Munich) and had no space to freshen up the squad and when we did ended up signing Torres.

It's too big a risk having players that age on big long contracts because if they suddenly turn shit overnight like most of our 2010 double winners did were fucked. For 1 Modric there's 10 Alexis and Malouda's.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

We saw what happened before we put that policy on. We ended up with a squad full of 30 plus stagnant players who we couldn't shift (even if they gave one last extreme push at the end to get us Munich) and had no space to freshen up the squad and when we did ended up signing Torres.

It's too big a risk having players that age on big long contracts because if they suddenly turn shit overnight like most of our 2010 double winners did were fucked. For 1 Modric there's 10 Alexis and Malouda's.

But thats the case in almost every big team in europe. 

And I dont see them implement such policy. 

Neither are we any more successful because of it.

Smart clubs simply dont buy aging Alexis and get rid of Maloudas at the right time, they dont implement stupid over 30 policy. AND if they get a Malouda or Alexis, thats once every couple years, not worthy enough to implement 30+ policy on every single player.

Back then when we didnt have this rule, we signed Ballack and Makelele. And we couldnt get rid of Malouda indeed. But Id rather have another Malouda here if that was the price to have Ballack and Makelele.

The real problem with this club is that we are buying average players. If we had quality, I dont think anyone would mind 32 year old Terry, Ballack, Makelele, Cole, Lamps here etc. 

Dont forget that more and more players still plays at high level in their mid 30s because of much better training and nutrition compared to 2000 or 2005. And that will only go up with these kids being professionaly nurtured since they are 16.

You cant have a world class squad anyway if you demand every 30+ player to sign a single year extension or they can fuck off. Where is the club loyalty to players there? You just dont extend to shit players, ala Malouda, thats it. Not implement 30+ rule.

And if we were so strict to this rule, why the hell did board extend with Alonso till he is 33? 

33 mate. Alonso. He is shite at 28 already. This club is simply clueless. 

What we needed is to get rid of this excuse of a board, not implement 30+ rule. Any competent board doesnt need such rules because they have knowledge and experience to decide themselves. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

His consistency shined today. A major major major part in why we won.

lol

he had one good cross

other than that he was quotidian

its pure gaslighting to suggest otherwise

he is better than Pedro the last 3 months

but that is no huge feat

he needs to go

same for Pedro

not good enough, not even close

most of the 25 man roster is shit

only players worth keeping

Kepa

Rudiger

Ampadu

AC (maybe, but a £40m offer and it is seeeee ya)

Kante

RLC

CHO

Eden

the other 17 can fuck off