Willian

Jase

On 29/10/2018 at 1:56 AM, Stats said:

And that sums it up. He is the scapegoat for many Chelsea fans. Puts in a top performance against Burnley and your the first person to write something positive on his thread. Glad to see MOTD2 give him the rave review he deserves. But, like I said on here few weeks ago, people are very knee-jerk. He is inconsistent but he is a very valuable squad player that majority of teams would love to have.

Tbf pundits and opposition fans make out like he's not far behind Hazard, whenever i say i prefer Pedro starting to a non Chelsea fan they look at me like im saying Morata is better than Aguero.

5 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

5psn3luulxx11.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=ae021f5edd652c1ccbe71a291b41199862fb9d3a

We could have had 6 points if he just looked. Westham, Liverpool and now Everton.

Dunno thats kinda pointless to talk about...what if...

If Willian passed to Morata, that dude might still miss open net. And if we scored who knows, maybe opponent would score one more of their chances too...

Willian is frustrating indeed but these scenarios are never black and white. You cant imagine one thing different, but everything else stays the same. One change like that could completely shake things up.

Or we can go into ridiculous and imagine what if Chelsea never sold Robben...

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Dunno thats kinda pointless to talk about...what if...

If Willian passed to Morata, that dude might still miss open net. And if we scored who knows, maybe opponent would score one more of their chances too...

Willian is frustrating indeed but these scenarios are never black and white. You cant imagine one thing different, but everything else stays the same. One change like that could completely shake things up.

Or we can go into ridiculous and imagine what if Chelsea never sold Robben...

I disagree with you here, if it happens once we let it go but 4 times?? Come on an elite attacking player would have at least passed one of those. You know the biggest criticism Hazard is always given? He passes too much and should be more selfish but that is what makes him an elite attacker/player because most times he goes for the best play not individual stats. Something Messi also does really well. Willian doesn't even have good assist stats outside of dead ball situations and that is really frustrating because he always gets in positions of influence.  I have a feeling if Willian watched his own tape he would probably have had his head up in one of those scenarios, because he would have seen/learnt from  his previous mistakes. 

8 minutes ago, Vybzkartel said:

I disagree with you here, if it happens once we let it go but 4 times?? Come on an elite attacking player would have at least passed one of those. You know the biggest criticism Hazard is always given? He passes too much and should be more selfish but that is what makes him an elite attacker/player because most times he goes for the best play not individual stats. Something Messi also does really well. Willian doesn't even have good assist stats outside of dead ball situations and that is really frustrating because he always gets in positions of influence.  I have a feeling if Willian watched his own tape he would probably have had his head up in one of those scenarios, because he would have seen/learnt from  his previous mistakes. 

However, the players do not always convert his chances. I am sure Willian is in the top 2/3 list for most created chances this season. Stats don't always tell the story. He put in such an excellent ball for Luiz against United which should have been converted and put in another one which was not converted.

1 minute ago, Stats said:

However, the players do not always convert his chances. I am sure Willian is in the top 2/3 list for most created chances this season. Stats don't always tell the story. He put in such an excellent ball for Luiz against United which should have been converted and put in another one which was not converted.

Those stats are actually inflated because he is on set piece duty. Hazard is actually creating our most goal scoring chances. Also our xG is higher when Willian is off the pitch. 

2 hours ago, Vybzkartel said:

I meant more about butterfly effect...but obviously Willian should pass, however that doest mean we would have won. 

Willian might pass, Morata score, but on the other side Luiz could then think this game is won, had brainfart and everton equalize. Match ends 1:1...

Willian not assisting to Morata wasnt reason we drew and if he did pass, its impossible to say we would have won that game. 

We lost because our whole attack and midfield wasnt up to it and we didnt score. 

Also for Hazard, I dont agree his selfishless style makes him elite because there are times when he should try to score and went for the pass to someone in worse position/finishing skill. Elite are players who know what to do when to do it. Not saying Eden isnt elite, but he could improve on that final decision making tbh. Has many other qualities making him elite though.

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

I meant more about butterfly effect...but obviously Willian should pass, however that doest mean we would have won. 

Willian might pass, Morata score, but on the other side Luiz could then think this game is won, had brainfart and everton equalize. Match ends 1:1...

Willian not assisting to Morata wasnt reason we drew and if he did pass, its impossible to say we would have won that game. 

We lost because our whole attack and midfield wasnt up to it and we didnt score. 

Also for Hazard, I dont agree his selfishless style makes him elite because there are times when he should try to score and went for the pass to someone in worse position/finishing skill. Elite are players who know what to do when to do it. Not saying Eden isnt elite, but he could improve on that final decision making tbh. Has many other qualities making him elite though.

seconded! Eden is an elite player, but amongst other elite players, he IMO loses out because of his decision making in the final third. It's not only about scoring goals, but rather what one does to help scoring them.

Willian adds to the problem we have: not enough goals, assists, or direct chances created. We already have 3 CMs who will score none to very few goals. A LW who despite being a great player does not score a whole lot (though doing better this season). Then we have a striker which is not elite and misses too many chances. I say thank god we happen to have a left back who can score goals and I hope he starts scoring again soon otherwise... Folks here sometimes forget this game is about scoring goals (and not concening as many). :)

20 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Also for Hazard, I dont agree his selfishless style makes him elite because there are times when he should try to score and went for the pass to someone in worse position/finishing skill. Elite are players who know what to do when to do it. Not saying Eden isnt elite, but he could improve on that final decision making tbh.

20 hours ago, Robguima said:

seconded! Eden is an elite player, but amongst other elite players, he IMO loses out because of his decision making in the final third. It's not only about scoring goals, but rather what one does to help scoring them.

Are you saying other elite players are flawless when it comes to decision making? Even Messi and Ronaldo make shit decisions sometimes. Or who do you have in mind when you are talking about elite players who always know what and when to do?

On 11/16/2018 at 9:34 AM, manpe said:

Are you saying other elite players are flawless when it comes to decision making? Even Messi and Ronaldo make shit decisions sometimes. Or who do you have in mind when you are talking about elite players who always know what and when to do?

no, I don't think I said that at all...

What I said is that among other Elite players, Hazard is one of the worst at decision making (as in very bad within that group), which is actually very typical of a player who over dribbles. It's a moot point to discuss this here though, since it is what folks are most entertained by when watching Eden play. While I understand that and have also been entertained by dribblers in the past, nowadays I simply value other aspects of the game more, perhaps because football in general has moved in that direction too.

Forget Messi, and Ronaldo is a diff type of player. And although in the same group, Eden is well behind Salah in my very unpopular opinion around here. :)