Willian

Jase

They would have never given us Martial. But if we had taken the money and invested half of it in some run-of-the-mill in-form winger like Douglas or Rebic we maybe would have like 4 points more now. Marina obviously fucked up milking Barca for money but my word. when someone comes to you and offers you twice as much as he is worth for an average, over-the-hill winger you fucking bite their hand off. Pure luck they even came back once with a better offer. I just sold someone from my uni an old financial calculator which is basically useless to me because I got a better one, for almost its original price. Sure, he was desperate and his exams are just days away so I could have milked him for more. But then I know that my calculator is probably not the only one he is in for so I grabbed the money and ran. The prospect of holding out for a few more quids when you already got the option of an excellent deal is not worth the risk of not completing a deal at all.

It's called common sense; most of our board lack it

In january, a big signing will probably be expected and I dont see we will change our defence midseason (unless we realy struggle) and strikers are realy hard to come by, so improvement on RW would be logical. But even that is mission impossible. 

What position can we actualy improve in january? We realy missed the chance in summer not shipping Willian off.

18 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

In january, a big signing will probably be expected and I dont see we will change our defence midseason (unless we realy struggle) and strikers are realy hard to come by, so improvement on RW would be logical. But even that is mission impossible. 

What position can we actualy improve in january? We realy missed the chance in summer not shipping Willian off.

Could maybe get Bailey in January.  No ST that's good enough to lead our line is going to be available, so we can forget about that.  

Some stats on Willian

Willian made his professional club debut in 2006 for Corinthians. Since then he has made 346 League appearances as an "Attacking midfielder". He is yet to score 50 League goals. 49 goals in 346 league appearances in 12 years.

He averages a goal every 14 games. Averages 2.71 goals a season. Has never hit double figures for a season in his entire career ever.

Comparing him to 4 Chelsea attacking midfielders/wingers that were sold during his time at the cost of him or not, these are the stats:

Schurrle - 65 goals

KDB (has also played CM) - 60 goals

Salah - 93 goals, surpassed Willian's entire PL tally in one season

Mata - 92 goals

5 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

Some stats on Willian

Willian made his professional club debut in 2006 for Corinthians. Since then he has made 346 League appearances as an "Attacking midfielder". He is yet to score 50 League goals. 49 goals in 346 league appearances in 12 years.

He averages a goal every 14 games. Averages 2.71 goals a season. Has never hit double figures for a season in his entire career ever.

Comparing him to 4 Chelsea attacking midfielders/wingers that were sold during his time at the cost of him or not, these are the stats:

Schurrle - 65 goals

KDB (has also played CM) - 60 goals

Salah - 93 goals, surpassed Willian's entire PL tally in one season

Mata - 92 goals

Man this donkey never gets injured and continues to steal a living from us. I honestly think he is the worst buy in the Abramovich era due to the combined factors of 1) Losing KDB and Salah 2) Failing to make top 4 in 2 of the 3 years he was starter with the one year he got relegeted to the bench we won the league go figure 3) The talent we have not bought because we have Willian a supposed superior talent. I honestly would take Malouda and Kalou any day over this donkey. 

On 22/10/2018 at 6:02 PM, Vybzkartel said:

I honestly would take Malouda and Kalou any day over this donkey. 

Especially on days like this (One of my alltime favourite games and days!)

https://www.skysports.com/football/chelsea-vs-wigan/210847

Chelsea 8

N Anelka (6, 56),F Lampard (32 pen),S Kalou (54),D Drogba (63, 68 pen, 80),A Cole (90)

Wigan 0

G Caldwell ( 31)

Chelsea vs Wigan
Premier League 4:00pm Sunday 9th May 2010

Stamford Bridge (Att: 41383)

Chelsea are champions

6 days later, we won the Double in the FA Cup:)

One of my truly favourite teams.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Personally thought he was pretty good today. The dive wasn't great but the guy doesn't get enough credit when he does play wel, always gets criticized.

And that sums it up. He is the scapegoat for many Chelsea fans. Puts in a top performance against Burnley and your the first person to write something positive on his thread. Glad to see MOTD2 give him the rave review he deserves. But, like I said on here few weeks ago, people are very knee-jerk. He is inconsistent but he is a very valuable squad player that majority of teams would love to have.

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Personally thought he was pretty good today. The dive wasn't great but the guy doesn't get enough credit when he does play wel, always gets criticized.

He was excellent today.  He's a different player playing on the LW.

1 hour ago, Stats said:

And that sums it up. He is the scapegoat for many Chelsea fans. Puts in a top performance against Burnley and your the first person to write something positive on his thread. Glad to see MOTD2 give him the rave review he deserves. But, like I said on here few weeks ago, people are very knee-jerk. He is inconsistent but he is a very valuable squad player that majority of teams would love to have.

The 2nd half, all that said, was sublime. Kante FINALLY started playing direct offensive-thrusting footie (to massive positive effect!) and Willian (in his true LW spot, was superb (yes, I said superb!, lolol)

I wish to FUCK Eden was ambipedal and could play RW as well as he plays LW, as Willian at LW actually does (at times, and certainly the 2nd half today) look like an actual £65m-worth winger. He was magnificent there, after fucking about the first half over on the right a lot. Cannot figure him out for shit.

6 hours ago, Stats said:

Tbh honest hes well regarded by most, and the Willian song always gets sung, it's just a few in cyberspace that seem hypercritical.