Willian

Jase

4 hours ago, LAM09 said:

The comment made is fairly understand, but it doesn't need to be made in public along with his other antics over the summer. He's fortunate to still be here after that as well.

Willian shines whenever there's a drop in quality around whilst he is usually cause for complaint when we are on song. People have the right to complain or express there displeasure when a better option is available and more suit to the job at hand.

He's underperformed in almost every game so far. As the saying goes, do your talking ON the pitch.

People do have a right to express their displeasure. That doesn’t mean they are always right to do it, or in the way that they do. If Willian is playing when there is ‘a better option available’ how is that his fault? How is he to blame when he doesn’t pick the side?

People want a better player than Willian and, since I’ve been saying we need an upgrade for virtually as long as he’s been here, I can’t say they are wrong. I do though insist that it’s not his fault he’s in the squad, and nor is it he fault when he’s selected to play.

Willian’s output varies wildly from outstanding to poor. Unfortunately he doesn’t spend enough time in the ‘outstanding’ zone. He is what he is and we should know what we’re getting from him. Expecting anything different after all this time would be a silly to be honest.

I see nothing wrong with what he said. If anybody takes objection to it then they’re the ones with some explaining to do as far as I’m concerned. Dad would prefer to spend time with daughter before she goes to bed but work commitments mean he can’t. Shock. 

People do have a right to express their displeasure. That doesn’t mean they are always right to do it, or in the way that they do. If Willian is playing when there is ‘a better option available’ how is that his fault? How is he to blame when he doesn’t pick the side?

People want a better player than Willian and, since I’ve been saying we need an upgrade for virtually as long as he’s been here, I can’t say they are wrong. I do though insist that it’s not his fault he’s in the squad, and nor is it he fault when he’s selected to play.

Willian’s output varies wildly from outstanding to poor. Unfortunately he doesn’t spend enough time in the ‘outstanding’ zone. He is what he is and we should know what we’re getting from him. Expecting anything different after all this time would be a silly to be honest.

I see nothing wrong with what he said. If anybody takes objection to it then they’re the ones with some explaining to do as far as I’m concerned. Dad would prefer to spend time with daughter before she goes to bed but work commitments mean he can’t. Shock. 

No one is disagreeing with that. People are making their feelings know in said player's thread, so him failing to deliver on the pitch is all on him. I don't know why this is being disputed.

I'm expecting Cahill or Azpi to come out with the same comments, then. However, they are more classy than that and know what should or shouldn't be said publicly.

He could learn a thing or two from the players around him.

The problem right now with him, is he knows he is this sort of in and out utility player, and he's actually behind Pedro in the pecking order IMO.

His consistency levels are what is the problem, it's something that gives MS a problem. He's played under managers that allow him time to fuck about on the ball, Sarri doesn't, he wants it moving all the time.

5 hours ago, LAM09 said:

No one is disagreeing with that. People are making their feelings know in said player's thread, so him failing to deliver on the pitch is all on him. I don't know why this is being disputed.

I'm expecting Cahill or Azpi to come out with the same comments, then. However, they are more classy than that and know what should or shouldn't be said publicly.

He could learn a thing or two from the players around him.

If I was selected to play for Chelsea and turned out to be waaayy below the required standard that would be my fault would it? Should I just sit in the dressing room and turn myself into Pele? I am old, and I have arthritis. As a footballer I am now worse than useless. If I find myself in the Chelsea team it's not my fault; it's the fault of whoever it is that picked the team. Any manager who picks Willian has to accept that there is a downside and decide if they want him in the team, warts and all.

Every footballer is inconsistent, every human is for that matter. Better players have a narrower output level toward the high end of their performance spectrum. Willian is different. His range of output is wide and stretches down into the poor zone. Anyone picking him knows, or should know this. If they still pick him then they have to accept responsibility for what he produces. Five years later he isn't going to change. He is what he is.

I don't require that Chelsea players treat me like a toddler. I don't care if they prefer not to train in the afternoon as long as they do turn up for training when required.

If I was selected to play for Chelsea and turned out to be waaayy below the required standard that would be my fault would it? Should I just sit in the dressing room and turn myself into Pele? I am old, and I have arthritis. As a footballer I am now worse than useless. If I find myself in the Chelsea team it's not my fault; it's the fault of whoever it is that picked the team. Any manager who picks Willian has to accept that there is a downside and decide if they want him in the team, warts and all. Every footballer is inconsistent, every human is for that matter. Better players have a narrower output level toward the high end of their performance spectrum. Willian is different. His range of output is wide and stretches down into the poor zone. Anyone picking him knows, or should know this. If they still pick him then they have to accept responsibility for what he produces. Five years later he isn't going to change. He is what he is.

I don't require that Chelsea players treat me like a toddler. I don't care if they prefer not to train in the afternoon as long as they do turn up for training when required.

No idea how this has gone from him opening his mouth for the countless time to his lack of ability. My original post was solely based on his comments.

People can have whatever grievances they want, so I'll leave it at that.

2 hours ago, LAM09 said:

People can have whatever grievances they want, so I'll leave it at that.

No they can't. If people can make up silly things to feel aggrieved about that's the way to a nonsense world. For example am I allowed to feel aggrieved that Danny D isn't as good as KDB?

9 hours ago, LAM09 said:

so him failing to deliver on the pitch is all on him

Is how we, you & I, got to talking about Willian's play. My point being that no, it isn't all on him.

No they can't. If people can make up silly things to feel aggrieved about that's the way to a nonsense world. For example am I allowed to feel aggrieved that Danny D isn't as good as KDB?

You could if you wanted to. Just like me getting tired of Willian's antics off the field.

Each to their own

9 hours ago, LAM09 said:

You could if you wanted to. Just like me getting tired of Willian's antics off the field.

Each to their own

No. People who are wrong, who are thinking in the wrong way need to told the truth.

If I were to blame double D because he's not as good as KDB I hope one of my friends on here would patiently explain to me that I'm an idiot. Pretending that all ideas are equally valid leads to crazy situations such as  Donald Trump in The White House. Thinking, if you wish, that Danny D is a better player than KDB is a valid opinion. It's wrong, but you can get there if you want to. Recognising that DD is not as good as the City player, and then deciding that it's Danny's fault would be a nonsense point of view. Anyone holding it should expect to be corrected.

Anyway, sadly, we are not getting any closer to seeing this the same way. I'll watch out for your other posts and see if we can find common ground on a different topic. :)

I think regardless of where we finish this season we have to sell Willian. His 31 years and we havent upgraded that position in 5 years. If we are to challenge next season in the league and hopefully Champions League, we will need better quality than him. 

• 2 weeks later...

This scam artist continues to be one of the biggest lies in our recent history. They talk about him like he's a top player but he's just mediocre at best.

Sarri better start playing Pedro ahead of him or i'll basically just lose interest in this season. Pedro is not a world beater anymore but at least he's threatening.

Sick and tired of this guy and Morata. They've never helped this club win anything important and I challenge anybody to prove me wrong.

Still playing like some 18-year old in his first professional football season. Just never learns. If he was just a plain average player like Alonso it would not even be as infuriating. But there he is all the skill and pace in the world but just not able to make his mind up and concentrate one fucking time when it matters.