Willian

Jase

19 minutes ago, Stats said:

This is not Football Manager or FIFA. You blurt players names out as if it is easy to lure them away. What was Thauvin like when he last was in the PL? Absolute shit. Suso wouldn't suit the way Sarri is playing right now imo. Pulisic was not going to leave, despite the rumours. Bailey, I wanted us to get him but again there is no guarantees to say he will be a instant success in the PL. Dembele was never an option nor Barca was ever going to sell a player they invested over £100m on. LOL. Let's be serious. Marital over Willian? He has not done anything noteworthy for a while. Why would we need to swap him. Think there still is a lot to come from Martial. but did we need him to replace Willian? No... he has been worse than Willian for the last few seasons.

And what has he done to make you call him a twat? Because of him stating his training preferences?.... 

Number one, I do NOT blurt out anything. 

Martial was for striker, I have less interest in him as a winger, and your Football Manager / FIFA references are a sign of a weak argument. I have never played either, never will, and deals ARE done all the time. Willian needs to go.I have had Bailey as number one option for over a year now.

Don't try to play semantic games like Willian is "just expressing training preferences" or infer this is a one off. He has been a bad apple for years.

BTW Alonso was SHITE in the EPL too the first time around, as were many other great players who came back.

2 hours ago, Stats said:

They will both be rotated, believe me. Either way does not change the fact that he is a valuable squad player, hence why Sarri was not selling under any cost.

world class players are not sold at any cost, valuable squad players are expendable and can be replaced or upgraded easily

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Number one, I do NOT blurt out anything. 

Martial was for striker, I have less interest in him as a winger, and your Football Manager / FIFA references are a sign of a weak argument. I have never played either, never will, and deals ARE done all the time. Willian needs to go.I have had Bailey as number one option for over a year now.

Don't try to play semantic games like Willian is "just expressing training preferences" or infer this is a one off. He has been a bad apple for years.

BTW Alonso was SHITE in the EPL too the first time around, as were many other great players who came back.

I am not criticizing you as I do like reading your posts (sometimes) :D. But you do sometimes state way too many transfer suggestions that are unrealistic. 

I am a fan of Martial, however he has been way too inconsistent for the last few seasons.

And Thauvin is performing in a much inferior league. He would come here and be out his depth.

33 minutes ago, Stats said:

I am not criticizing you as I do like reading your posts (sometimes) :D. But you do sometimes state way too many transfer suggestions that are unrealistic. 

I am a fan of Martial, however he has been way too inconsistent for the last few seasons.

And Thauvin is performing in a much inferior league. He would come here and be out his depth.

Thauvin is far from my main choice. I don't think he is a bad as some here think. I do fully believe in Leon Bailey. IMHO (and a plethora of others) we do need to upgrade from Willian. If (for some reason) we sold Pedro I suppose I could live with Willian as the backup, but given how tight the board is with cash (other than bollocksed up Courtois deal forcing a huge spend on Kepa) it just seemed madness to turn down £65m for a 30yo winger who (again in my humble opinion) is simply not good enough and doesn't fit the Sarriball system well. He also will soon spiral downwards due to age, and I think it madness to give him an extension until he is 33 to 35.

I also have (obviously) issues with his temperament. I think he is one of the biggest weaknesses we have.

I just hope the board finally starts to clear out some of the deadwood so we can fund buying some much needed upgrades (Striker, RW being the two biggest). We can surely start with unloading 2 horrific buys, Bakayoko and the mind-numbingly stupid purchase of Drinkwater. We also have to deal with the probable Kovacic (RM pulling him back) then Hazard/CHO (if they dont renew) nightmares.

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Thauvin is far from my main choice. I don't think he is a bad as some here think. I do fully believe in Leon Bailey. IMHO (and a plethora of others) we do need to upgrade from Willian. If (for some reason) we sold Pedro I suppose I could live with Willian as the backup, but given how tight the board is with cash (other than bollocksed up Courtois deal forcing a huge spend on Kepa) it just seemed madness to turn down £65m for a 30yo winger who (again in my humble opinion) is simply not good enough and doesn't fit the Sarriball system well. He also will soon spiral downwards due to age, and I think it madness to give him an extension until he is 33 to 35.

I also have (obviously) issues with his temperament. I think he is one of the biggest weaknesses we have.

I just hope the board finally starts to clear out some of the deadwood so we can fund buying some much needed upgrades (Striker, RW being the two biggest). We can surely start with unloading 2 horrific buys, Bakayoko and the mind-numbingly stupid purchase of Drinkwater. We also have to deal with the probable Kovacic (RM pulling him back) then Hazard/CHO (if they dont renew) nightmares.

Unfortunately, unless Drinkwater agrees to a wage cut, I don't see us offloading him. Maybe we can but we would have to pay part of his wages because no team will play hiss full wages. What a life eh? Getting paid at least £90k p/w (maybe more) to just train.

£120,000 per week! arfffffff SAME AS KANTE

Only players who make more pw are Kepa, Cesc and Eden!

Chelsea Players Salaries 2018/19

Player    Age    Weekly wage    Deal    Contract until

Jorginho    26    £102,000    New signing!    2023-06-30
Kepa Arrizabalaga    23    £192,000    New signing!    2025-06-30
Willy Caballero    35    £40,000        2018-06-30
Robert Green    38         New signing!    2019-06-30
Emerson Palmieri    23    £75,000        2022-06-30
Olivier Giroud    31    £120,000        2019-06-30
Ross Barkley    24    £90,000        2023-06-30
Andreas Christensen    21    £35,000         2020-06-30
Gary Cahill    31    £100,000         2019-06-30
David Luiz    30    £120,000         2019-06-30
Antonio Rüdiger    24    £90,000        2022-06-30
Marcos Alonso     26    £90,000         2021-06-30
César Azpilicueta    27    £100,000         2020-06-30
Davide Zappacosta    25    £45,000        2021-06-30
Kenedy    21    £25,000         2020-06-30
Victor Moses    26    £75,000         2021-06-30
Danny Drinkwater    26    £120,000        2022-06-30
Cesc Fàbregas    30    £156,000         2019-06-30
Mateo Kovacic    24    75,000    LOAN    2019-06-30
N’Golo Kanté    26    £120,000         2021-06-30
Eden Hazard    26    £200,000         2020-06-30
Willian    29    £120,000         2020-06-30
Pedro    30    £100,000         2020-06-30
Alvaro Morata    24    £100,000        2022-06-30
Michy Batshuayi    23    £90,000         2021-06-30

wtf were we thinking????????

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

£120,000 per week! arfffffff SAME AS KANTE

Only players who make more pw are Kepa, Cesc and Eden!

Chelsea Players Salaries 2018/19

Player    Age    Weekly wage    Deal    Contract until

Jorginho    26    £102,000    New signing!    2023-06-30
Kepa Arrizabalaga    23    £192,000    New signing!    2025-06-30
Willy Caballero    35    £40,000        2018-06-30
Robert Green    38         New signing!    2019-06-30
Emerson Palmieri    23    £75,000        2022-06-30
Olivier Giroud    31    £120,000        2019-06-30
Ross Barkley    24    £90,000        2023-06-30
Andreas Christensen    21    £35,000         2020-06-30
Gary Cahill    31    £100,000         2019-06-30
David Luiz    30    £120,000         2019-06-30
Antonio Rüdiger    24    £90,000        2022-06-30
Marcos Alonso     26    £90,000         2021-06-30
César Azpilicueta    27    £100,000         2020-06-30
Davide Zappacosta    25    £45,000        2021-06-30
Kenedy    21    £25,000         2020-06-30
Victor Moses    26    £75,000         2021-06-30
Danny Drinkwater    26    £120,000        2022-06-30
Cesc Fàbregas    30    £156,000         2019-06-30
Mateo Kovacic    24    75,000    LOAN    2019-06-30
N’Golo Kanté    26    £120,000         2021-06-30
Eden Hazard    26    £200,000         2020-06-30
Willian    29    £120,000         2020-06-30
Pedro    30    £100,000         2020-06-30
Alvaro Morata    24    £100,000        2022-06-30
Michy Batshuayi    23    £90,000         2021-06-30

wtf were we thinking????????

Heh That is the cost of a bench warmer who will never complain (high wages)... mikel was similar wages and of similar overall quality imo. At least DW is homegrown.

against the very poor Southampton side, where we had an overall good team game, Willian was once again the exception by misplacing a lot of easy passes. He gave the ball away in dangerous position and also produced very little in attack.

47 minutes ago, Robguima said:

Heh That is the cost of a bench warmer who will never complain (high wages)... mikel was similar wages and of similar overall quality imo. At least DW is homegrown.

against the very poor Southampton side, where we had an overall good team game, Willian was once again the exception by misplacing a lot of easy passes. He gave the ball away in dangerous position and also produced very little in attack.

If we wanted another English CMF, we should have bought Lewis Cook from Bournemouth. 7 years younger than Drinkwater and a quarter of his wages (only £30,000 PW). A better player potentially too.

And no, I do not want to buy Lewis Cook. I just want DD sold.

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

If we wanted another English CMF, we should have bought Lewis Cook from Bournemouth. 7 years younger than Drinkwater and a quarter of his wages (only £30,000 PW). A better player potentially too.

And no, I do not want to buy Lewis Cook. I just want DD sold.

Like Sats above pointed out, you can't sell him. His value is negative because of the wages you posted. All we can do is move him while still paying for his high wages, which does not make a whole lot of sense either.

Welcome to the club - wanted mikel sold for years and nothing. Heard it all: plays a role, does a job, dependable, etc... You will hear all that before DD is gone one way or another.

No, considering Barkley and RLF, signing DD, and especially Bakayoko, did not make much sense to me either, but it did to some folks who happen to call the shots at chelsea FC.

21 minutes ago, Robguima said:

Like Sats above pointed out, you can't sell him. His value is negative because of the wages you posted. All we can do is move him while still paying for his high wages, which does not make a whole lot of sense either.

Welcome to the club - wanted mikel sold for years and nothing. Heard it all: plays a role, does a job, dependable, etc... You will hear all that before DD is gone one way or another.

No, considering Barkley and RLF, signing DD, and especially Bakayoko, did not make much sense to me either, but it did to some folks who happen to call the shots at chelsea FC.

Whoever called the shots on Drinkwater is a complete football incompetent and should be sacked on that alone. Ridiculously stupid buy. Probably worst in club history, given the cost, as he literally was a known inferior talent with no upside potential ( unlike many other shit buys such as Bakayoko, Morata, etc).

£70m plus literally down the shitter when wages, fees, insurance, etc. are factored in.

I will never back down on this. HORRIFIC business. Typical of our oft-times inept board. 

12 hours ago, Vesper said:

Seems to me that the Argentine striker for Leon's side in Germany is the better all-around finisher.

I don't really know what Sarri thinks of a player like Gabbiadini, but he is supposed to have a GREAT left foot for shooting and I'm sure that he's not all that expensive. 

19 hours ago, LAM09 said:

More like Pedro will regain his place. Willian on form is Hazard on a off day.

That’s a succinct and easy to read statement but it isn’t right. It was the amazing run of form Williian showed last season, including the Barcelona game, that prompted the Catalans to take an interest in him. What Willian did during that spell was a match for anything Eden produces.

Maintaining that level is Willian’s problem. That’s why I have been saying for several years that if we ever become the team we’d like to be, Willian won’t be in it. He does not deserve the vitriol being poured out in some posts here however. If he’s not as good as we’d like him to be that’s not his fault. People’s real issue is that our squad is not strong enough. If it was, Willian would play less and the problem would go away. If we have to be angry then let’s at least pick the right target for that anger.

As for his comment, it’s perfectly natural. Any father who does not wish he could always to be home before his kids’ bedtime is an idiot. On the other hand, any father who is not willing to put his personal preferences aside in order to put bread on the table for his kids does not deserve them. Anyone heard any rumours about Willian actually NOT turning up for afternoon training? Don’t be so trigger happy people. 

45 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

Seems to me that the Argentine striker for Leon's side in Germany is the better all-around finisher.

I don't really know what Sarri thinks of a player like Gabbiadini, but he is supposed to have a GREAT left foot for shooting and I'm sure that he's not all that expensive. 

Lucas Alario. Yes, I have listed him as a lower option on a lot of posts. The problem is, Bayer Leverkusen has so many players I really rate and want and they will never just roll over and strip their team.

RW Bailey (absolute priority)

AMF Kai Havertz (IMHO best under 22yo AMF in world atm)

CB Jonathan Tah (beast, 1.95m and built like a tank, but still pacey)

CF Lucas Alario

LB Wendell (possible Alonso replacement (although Junior Firpo is by far my number one choice), I rate him over the post injury Emerson that I have seen)

CB Panagiotis Retsos (20yo Greek with huge upside)

LW Julian Brandt

LW Paulinho (18yo Brasilian potential superstar)

And they just sold one of my favourite RB's, Benjamin Henrichs (superior to Zappacosta) to Monaco and Emenalo for only £18m.

Bayer is by far the 'non huge' team I would most love to plunder the roster of. Absolutely loaded with young WC talent. I will settle for Bailey as a start. Settle is hardly the right word, as I think he (along with a truly WC striker (Dybala and Icardi are probably pipe dreams, but Piątek is really looking crazy good, 14 goals in 8 games) instantly would make us twice as dangerous.

26 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Lucas Alario. Yes, I have listed him as a lower option on a lot of posts. The problem is, Bayer Leverkusen has so many players I really rate and want and they will never just roll over and strip their team.

RW Bailey (absolute priority)

AMF Kai Havertz (IMHO best under 22yo AMF in world atm)

CB Jonathan Tah (beast, 1.95m and built like a tank, but still pacey)

CF Lucas Alario

LB Wendell (possible Alonso replacement (although Junior Firpo is by far my number one choice), I rate him over the post injury Emerson that I have seen)

CB Panagiotis Retsos (20yo Greek with huge upside)

LW Julian Brandt

LW Paulinho (18yo Brasilian potential superstar)

And they just sold one of my favourite RB's, Benjamin Henrichs (superior to Zappacosta) to Monaco and Emenalo for only £18m.

Bayer is by far the 'non huge' team I would most love to plunder the roster of. Absolutely loaded with young WC talent. I will settle for Bailey as a start. Settle is hardly the right word, as I think he (along with a truly WC striker (Dybala and Icardi are probably pipe dreams, but Piątek is really looking crazy good, 14 goals in 8 games) instantly would make us twice as dangerous.

yeah, I don't know how to rate the players because I've spent so little time watching football in the past years plus this season. I just want us to get someone how is a deadeye shooter and Alario has that reputation even if he doesn't have Bailey's speed/strength. We simply don't have goals in our squad. Think we'll need some new fullbacks and another centre back soon enough, but the goals problem is probably the most paramount thing near-term.

Is Belotti off the radar now? 

16 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

yeah, I don't know how to rate the players because I've spent so little time watching football in the past years plus this season. I just want us to get someone how is a deadeye shooter and Alario has that reputation even if he doesn't have Bailey's speed/strength. We simply don't have goals in our squad. Think we'll need some new fullbacks and another centre back soon enough, but the goals problem is probably the most paramount thing near-term.

Is Belotti off the radar now? 

I put Belotti and Timo Werner on my lists in below Dybala and Icardi (Lewandowski would be 31 if we bought him next summer so too old to sign to a long term deal IMHO) and then Immobile (who wont leave Lazio and is almost too old for a 5 year deal). The problem with both Belotti and Werner is that they will both cost a shit tonne and are still not proven in terms of consistent high level play (especially Belotti who had one great year then regressed, partially due to injury). If Werner has another huge year, Bayern Munich will surely go all out to sign him.

Belotti has 4 goals in 9 games so far, BUT 2 were against a really shit 2nd from bottom of table (will be dead bottom if Livorno wins or draws next match) Serie B Cosenza team in a Coppa Italia cup tie. That means in 8 Serie A games, Belotti has only 2 goals. Morata has 2 league goals in one less game, 7, so Andrea is hardly off to a rocketing start. He only scored 10 league goals last year, 12 three years ago, and only SIX 4 years ago (whilst playing in all 38 league games) for Palermo.

2016/17 (26 league goals, 28 in all comps) sure is starting to look like a fluke. Sorta like Morata's 20 goals 2 years ago for Real Madrid in less than half the minutes a regular starting striker would play.

So, not sold on Belotti atm. Werner probably.

Piątek is so intriguing, just need to see him do it the full year. We may have to go to older, ageing stop gaps such as Džeko or Cavani, etc or really roll the dice and and bring in Anthony Modeste back from China (I am probably only person on this board, maybe all Chels boards, who is even mentioning him, lolol). Watch his goals two year ago for a now (after he left) relegated Köln team. World class.

Flinally, 2 younger options

Maximiliano Gómez -  Celta Vigo

Giovanni Simeone  - Fiorentina (eeek)

Only thing for sure is that if Morata doesn't completely turn for the good, we HAVE to do something. Giroud cannot lead the line to a title,  as we are not remotely close in terms of quality to the French national team. Hazard, Kante, Giroud and now Kepa are the only players we have who would start for them (and 2 already do). Also, Kante on Sarriball Chelsea is a big notch below (so far) Kante as a trad DMF destroyer.

Hope it all works out for us soon.

That’s a succinct and easy to read statement but it isn’t right. It was the amazing run of form Williian showed last season, including the Barcelona game, that prompted the Catalans to take an interest in him. What Willian did during that spell was a match for anything Eden produces.

Maintaining that level is Willian’s problem. That’s why I have been saying for several years that if we ever become the team we’d like to be, Willian won’t be in it. He does not deserve the vitriol being poured out in some posts here however. If he’s not as good as we’d like him to be that’s not his fault. People’s real issue is that our squad is not strong enough. If it was, Willian would play less and the problem would go away. If we have to be angry then let’s at least pick the right target for that anger.

As for his comment, it’s perfectly natural. Any father who does not wish he could always to be home before his kids’ bedtime is an idiot. On the other hand, any father who is not willing to put his personal preferences aside in order to put bread on the table for his kids does not deserve them. Anyone heard any rumours about Willian actually NOT turning up for afternoon training? Don’t be so trigger happy people. 

The comment made is fairly understand, but it doesn't need to be made in public along with his other antics over the summer. He's fortunate to still be here after that as well.

Willian shines whenever there's a drop in quality around whilst he is usually cause for complaint when we are on song. People have the right to complain or express there displeasure when a better option is available and more suit to the job at hand.

He's underperformed in almost every game so far. As the saying goes, do your talking ON the pitch.