Willian

Jase

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Do you have to act like such a schoolkid? If you say something as ridiculous as Hazard offers nothing but dribbling ofcourse you are going to get called out for it.

Think UJ was highlighting the disproportionate love for the diminuitive Belgian, over Willian, who arguably has been just as good in a lot of fans eyes.

20 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Craics me up. I say something aout Eden and get hissy fits yet theres peeps happily knocking one of our best players who has progressed the last 3 seasons and not a dickie bird!

Willian has never scored more than 10 league goals (most ever is 8 which was last season - this season he has 6 - apart from these two seasons he’s never scored more than 5 league goals) in a season in his whole career, never mind just his time at Chelsea. For someone that disappears way way more than Eden, how can you even compare the two? He literally has one really good month a season.

4 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Think UJ was highlighting the disproportionate love for the diminuitive Belgian, over Willian, who arguably has been just as good in a lot of fans eyes.

Our fans are clearly blind then. Willian isn’t on Eden’s level at all. 

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

Edem IS a short dribbler tho!

Name calling. I'm the schoolkid! hmmm OK fella.

It must mean something when Manures own suppoters are up for the swap!

No they ain't, ive asked about 20 of them and only 1 seem up for it  (and he backs anything Mou does) and the general opinion on Redcafe is that it will be a KDB esque blunder.

4 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

The 'love' comes down to the sheer downplaying of such a special player, Willian's been good overall for us, but he's lightyears behind Hazard.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

No they ain't, ive asked about 20 of them and only 1 seem up for it  (and he backs anything Mou does) and the general opinion on Redcafe is that it will be a KDB esque blunder.

The 'love' comes down to the sheer downplaying of such a special player, Willian's been good overall for us, but he's lightyears behind Hazard.

I must have read different posts on there

Id take Eden over alot of other good players. And IF he could only turn up on a rregular basis I'd tell everyone to fuck off if they wanted him

And I would happily swap ANY player if it was to upgrade the team in general.

But to give our 2nd best forward to benefitt one of our biggest threats for a young player WITH POTENTIAL I just cant see it as a good deal for us.

41 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

But to give our 2nd best forward to benefitt one of our biggest threats for a young player WITH POTENTIAL I just cant see it as a good deal for us.

Martial is already better than Willian in my book. Just has more natural talent. Trumps Willian on almost everything as an attacker player. 

2 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Martial is already better than Willian in my book. Just has more natural talent. Trumps Willian on almost everything as an attacker player. 

if losing Willian helps us getting Martial I'm all in for it 

17 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Get the feeling it's about 50/50 in the MHL

To put a bit of perspective on that argument.

First half of 15/16 Willian was arguably in the form of his career while Hazard was beyond any doubt in his worst, yet they still averaged the same amount of key chances created per game and Willian had set pieces to aid his cause. Also Willian found himself out of favour during the best moments of form we have had since his arrival (first half of both title winning seasons) with Schurrle/Ramires and Pedro respectively preferred to him regularly. When Hazard's our in form player, he drags us over the line single handedly, when Willian is we still struggle despite his form.

I like Willian and overall he's been good for us, but rating him higher than Hazard would be the equivalent of rating Cahill above Terry, it's an absolute no contest.

16 minutes ago, Tomo said:

To put a bit of perspective on that argument.

First half of 15/16 Willian was arguably in the form of his career while Hazard was beyond any doubt in his worst, yet they still averaged the same amount of key chances created per game and Willian had set pieces to aid his cause. Also Willian found himself out of favour during the best moments of form we have had since his arrival (first half of both title winning seasons) with Schurrle/Ramires and Pedro respectively preferred to him regularly. When Hazard's our in form player, he drags us over the line single handedly, when Willian is we still struggle despite his form.

I like Willian and overall he's been good for us, but rating him higher than Hazard would be the equivalent of rating Cahill above Terry, it's an absolute no contest.

I haven't met anyone who says Willian is better than Hazard, maybe there are some. Such comparisons can seem churlish after leaving school.

What's the old cliché used to death ? Form is temporary, class is permanent. Both have such attributes. ''When Hazard's our in form player'' I think it's a case of when he can be arsed, and that laid backness I think in his latter years he will rue. That's what's held him back from being one of the 'greats' up until now. Willian also has games when he's lunching it and causes much frustration amongst fans, but mostly both are firm favourites.

Manchester United hold Willian transfer talks

According to the Manchester Evening News, Manchester United have held informal talks with Chelsea winger Willian’s representatives ahead of the summer transfer window.

Jose Mourinho is thought to be keen on a reunion with the Brazilian, who he worked with at Chelsea.

13 minutes ago, mccg said:

Manchester United hold Willian transfer talks

According to the Manchester Evening News, Manchester United have held informal talks with Chelsea winger Willian’s representatives ahead of the summer transfer window.

Jose Mourinho is thought to be keen on a reunion with the Brazilian, who he worked with at Chelsea.

The only way I would let Willian join utd if martial is apart Of The deal 

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

We still have one more game to go - a huge cup final - but the players are already out spouting things that may damage morale ahead of that game. :doh: 

Typical players nowadays just no respect anymore...

Just now, Mana said:

Just go in to the final expecting to lose and you'll be fine on Saturday. That's what I'm doing. I have no hope.

If we win it, then it's the surprise of the season.

That's what I always do. :P 

We still have one more game to go - a huge cup final - but the players are already out spouting things that may damage morale ahead of that game. :doh: 
Same thing every season as of late. Something is seriously wrong with a bunch of the squad.