Willian

Jase

6 minutes ago, the wes said:

Look back at this forum from September till December 90% of TC member wanted rid off Willian under the manager I feel martial would turn into cracking player 

Yes and it was alarmingly scary how many in the run up to the summer wanted to trade Matic for a younger upgrade in Bakayoko and look how that worked out. Same with Costa because he was lacking "technical abilitiy"... We need to stop selling our better players, we need to stop selling players to buy, we need to stop selling to rivals. Seriously I think Willian would be still be useful here even if he was off the bench or a rotational option. Its not like hes a piss poor footballer who is out of his depth, fair enough hes not world class by any stretch of the imagination, like Cesc (although not a fan of him playing a 2 man MF doesn't have the legs for it but in a 3 with two more mobile partners, he'd have a role to play) but the amount of folks who think we should just discard them and replace them with the Bakayoko's of the world (1 season wonders) and whoever is up and coming in Germany and Italy or whatever need a reality check because its never that simple.

I'd be 100% for signing Martial absolutely, but a squad with both Willian and Martial in it is stronger than the one we've got imo. We have a lack of attacking midfield options as it is, Pedro, Willian, Hazard, Barkley... its hardly exciting. Throw in Martial at least its another body and a pretty good player with a lot of growth. Move out Pedro maybe get another higher level attacker and there's plenty of competition and plenty of options to change a game up. There is a lot of uncertainty around the club due to managers, players futures all in the air, lack of ideology in which way the clubs going and if we start willingly giving "gifts" to other teams other teams will come and come again. Look at Arsenal. How many of their players were signed season after season by big rivals?

United's right wing side is problematic, they have stockpiled left wingers but no one on the right. Giving them a natural right winger, a Mourinho favourite to add to that, would be a dumb move. Selling him to those bastards shouldn't even be discussed, especially with the form Willian has displayed proving that under the right circumstances he can be deadly.

• 2 weeks later...

MANCHESTER UNITED could sell Anthony Martial to Chelsea after bookies tipped the France star to move to Stamford Bridge in a swap deal with Willian.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/949607/Man-Utd-news-Anthony-Martial-Chelsea-transfers-Willian

14 hours ago, the wes said:

Willian is 30 in August why martial is 22 why not do this swap deal it makes sense Martial could do what Salah and KDB has done that's proving Mourinho wrong for letting them go 

Who do we have for the right wing though? 

I'd be keen if we sign Bailey, then we can afford to let Willian go. People are giving Willian too much shit. He has been great in the second half... while we have been struggling. Seems to be a common story, but like I said, we don't have much on the right side, do we?

The great thing if we do go ahead and do a swap deal, is that Martial can play as striker, and could even partner up top with Morata, and have Hazard play that free role behind them both. Link up would be insane!

6 minutes ago, Thor said:

Who do we have for the right wing though? 

I'd be keen if we sign Bailey, then we can afford to let Willian go. People are giving Willian too much shit. He has been great in the second half... while we have been struggling. Seems to be a common story, but like I said, we don't have much on the right side, do we?

The great thing if we do go ahead and do a swap deal, is that Martial can play as striker, and could even partner up top with Morata, and have Hazard play that free role behind them both. Link up would be insane!

I'm a big fan of bailey this kid will only get better he has everything in his locker he scored a beautiful free kick against bayern munich two weeks ago 

24 minutes ago, the wes said:

Fuck off Mou! I would like Willi to stay. Even if we could manage to upgrade him.

And I cant see him moving to another PL team as long as he is happy here. But I wouldn't be suprized IF one of the Spanish lot were to want him as it would give him that oportunity in this part of his career.

Ive always liked him.

Dont know why people are still gushing over the idea of giving another one of our better players to a direct rival. Even in return for Martial (talented or not has struggled for consistency at United this season and even last). Attacking depth is poor enough as it is never mind this 1 in 1 out shite, just a poor mentality, upgrade on Willian yes but Willi is better than Pedro and he can make a good impact as we've seen, I'd much rather Pedro went than Willian.

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Dont know why people are still gushing over the idea of giving another one of our better players to a direct rival. Even in return for Martial (talented or not has struggled for consistency at United this season and even last). Attacking depth is poor enough as it is never mind this 1 in 1 out shite, just a poor mentality, upgrade on Willian yes but Willi is better than Pedro and he can make a good impact as we've seen, I'd much rather Pedro went than Willian.

I would personally ant to keep Willi over Eden! (Looks for a big rock to hide behind) And I'd never like to see any of our players play in a team against us. And tho its obvious Willi loves the club we couldn't stand in his way IF he wanted to go. OK I'd upgrade Willi if we had a chance of course but if possible would still like to keep him here too Don't mind too much if Pedro goes. But saying that I remember just how well he stood up when Willi went to his Mum. Pedro played great and it took awhile for Willi to get his place back.

14 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

swap for Martial... 

He very rarely plays on the right side tho.

48 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

He very rarely plays on the right side tho.

Bingo! We wouldn't have anybody to play right wing other than Pedro and Moses, with Martial competing with Hazard, Morata and Giroud for game time. Would he be any good on the right without being able to cut in on his favourite foot? Doubtful, he is a striker first and foremost and getting him into striking positions is his main strength. However, I'm not against the idea of moving Hazard to the right and giving him a free role like he has now, he drifts there often anyway. It could work.

2 minutes ago, manpe said:

Bingo! We wouldn't have anybody to play right wing other than Pedro and Moses, with Martial competing with Hazard, Morata and Giroud for game time. Would he be any good on the right without being able to cut in on his favourite foot? Doubtful, he is a striker first and foremost and getting him into striking positions is his main strength. However, I'm not against the idea of moving Hazard to the right and giving him a free role like he has now. It could work.

Yeah OK thats an option. But I'm still taking it for granted that one way or another Eden will be on his toes come the summer.

I just hope he makes his sodding mind up and lets the club at least know ASAP. It would leave his mind free to concentrate on WCt too.

50 minutes ago, the wes said:

Jose Mourinho is targeting a sensational £80million swap deal, involving Willian and Anthony Martial.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-plot-huge-chelsea-12486364

Really finding it hard to come off the fence on this one