Willian

Jase

22 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Gotta say for me hes much more consistent than Eden. Would you see him playing for any of our top opponents???? I'd keep him. What made me like him more was his character when he came back after his mum died. Pedro had stepped up and was playing real well but Willi didn't whine or owt. Just carroed on doing his job. All the players must love him - when they were doing the 'W' after they scored and he was at his mums side. Bet hes a realnice guy.

Its Eden that needs to pull himself together when hes needed. e should be seeing him stand out more often.

But using him in false  just doesn't work unless they all 3 are mobile and can roam where they can be most useful.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Never seen that before. Makes me love the guy. The sort of pride you like seeing in your players.

HE FUCKIN HATES SPUDS!!!!!

You don't remember that?  It's one of the things that I'll always remember about him.  So, whenever the "Willian is shit, sell ASAP" threads come out, I think, "Yeah, we could do better, but I like him, so I'm okay for him to stay".

This happened at the Bridge 2 years ago when we beat Spurs to mathematically eliminate them from the race (this was in the first half IIRC, not sure what the score was at the time).  The caption in the tweet is wrong though.  He was showing it to the Tottenham supporters when they were giving him some stick.  Even better.

Honestly, Willian and Hazard work so well together...its mainly because they have such good chemistry. Would even say Hazard loves playing alongside Willian more than Fabregas.

To top it of, they BOTH love the club...just wish they had someone with steel to back them up. Right now its just Azpilicueta in defense. No one in attack, atm.

On 01/03/2018 at 0:01 AM, Blue Armour said:

Honestly, Willian and Hazard work so well together...its mainly because they have such good chemistry. Would even say Hazard loves playing alongside Willian more than Fabregas.

To top it of, they BOTH love the club...just wish they had someone with steel to back them up. Right now its just Azpilicueta in defense. No one in attack, atm.

And most wasted comment today :

Just imagine the chemistry IF KDB had still been around with Eden  and Willi.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Willian's goal vs Palace is his 13th of the season. His most prolific season at the club...

Prolific season in his career* I think. Reckon he’ll crack 20? Imagine that, 20 goals/10 assists from Willian - and he didn’t start every game either. 

On 4.3.2018 at 3:25 PM, Unionjack said:

And most wasted comment today :

Just imagine the chemistry IF KDB had still been around with Eden  and Willi.

Kdb and eden have been playing shit together at belgium for years now. Selling kdb was a huge mistake but him and hazard have never gelled.

4 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Kdb and eden have been playing shit together at belgium for years now. Selling kdb was a huge mistake but him and hazard have never gelled.

Haven't watched too many Belgium games, but isn't KDB quite underwhelming in general for the national team?

You only have to go back a few pages to see the amount of abuse and write off he get by our own fans! It is ridiculous the lack of loyalty our fans show our players but are quick to ride the wave when a player does well. I have always rated Willian highly and I accept he can be inconsistent but I have always thought he is a vital squad member and a game-changer. But really glad to see him shutting people off who wrote him off. Not only is he scoring, he has been almost unplayable recently.

But the lack of loyalty does not surprise me. Luiz was arguably our best defender and the PL best defender last season however because he has not shown the same this season, people have wrote him off too. Everyone pleading for Christensen to stay in the team. Christensen has not been his best in recent matches now your probably going to get some who question his place in the team too. But the comments I have seen on here about Willian were just OTT. Just wish some who have slated him can come and give him credit when it is due.

He has pace, acceleration, dribbling ability, excellent balance and brilliant technique. I don't see what there is not to like about him. He will have his off days and there will be more game(s) where he does fall off like any player does, but he certainly has proved that he is a valuable member of a squad and we would be stupid to contemplate selling as some people called for earlier in the thread.

8 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Prolific season in his career* I think. Reckon he’ll crack 20? Imagine that, 20 goals/10 assists from Willian - and he didn’t start every game either. 

You are right and it's been steadily increasing over the last few seasons at the club - 4, 4, 11, 12 and now 13. Surprised to see he didn't score more than 10 per season at Shakhtar!

I really believe Willian being at the peak form of his career can be the difference maker in our CL tie. Hazard is still by far our best player, but he can't do everything on his own. Having another player creating all sorts of danger for Barca will massively help our cause.

Also, he is and always has been really, really good at driving with the ball from one end to the other. Hopefully we'll see the same at Camp Nou,

11 hours ago, Hybrid Angel said:

I really believe Willian being at the peak form of his career can be the difference maker in our CL tie. Hazard is still by far our best player, but he can't do everything on his own. Having another player creating all sorts of danger for Barca will massively help our cause.

Also, he is and always has been really, really good at driving with the ball from one end to the other. Hopefully we'll see the same at Camp Nou,

Would be handy if Hazard does anything against Barcelona, considering the anonymous performances he put in against them in the first tie, in the game against City and second half vs United. 

We should shift willian to the left wing where he can cut in on his right and cause some damage. Especially since Hazard doesnt know how to shoot. Willian is by far more of a goalscoring threat from the left wing.Push hazard to the center or right wing since he loves to pass even when in acres of space in dangerous areas

16 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

We should shift willian to the left wing where he can cut in on his right and cause some damage. Especially since Hazard doesnt know how to shoot. Willian is by far more of a goalscoring threat from the left wing.Push hazard to the center or right wing since he loves to pass even when in acres of space in dangerous areas

FALSE 9 FTW! :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Jason said:

FALSE 9 FTW! :ph34r:

Never :lol:

Completely change formation to 4-2-3-1 with Hazard in the center or shift him to the right of the 3-4-3 so that he can pass as much as he likes after dribbling into goalscoring positions. At least this way we have a genuine threat in willian always posing a danger from outside the box from the left. An inverted winger that doesnt cut in to shoot once in a while is a flaw in the system. Hazard's insane natural talent is all thats helping him, his in game reluctance to shoot is just :doh:

1 hour ago, kellzfresh said:

Agree, willian is far more dangerous on the left because he has only one move and whenever it came off, it can be quite dangerous especially on the left. Btw can we abandon this 3 man defense and play 4231 with willian, hazard and  Pedro supporting Giroud/Morata.