Willian

Jase

Effortless play sometimes, makes things look easy.

I want him, mata and hazard to start a game so that we see if the creativity of our team gets a huge boost

I would be very curious of that combo for sure. Still, for all that creativity to unfold I do believe we need something extra in our pivot!

My very first post was in this thread!

I remember being called by some stupid names (as I was new in here) for saying Willian was much better than Moses (we were linked with him at the time) but worse than Hazard and Oscar (the two players we had just signed).

Now what? :P

My very first post was in this thread!

I remember being called by some stupid names (as I was new in here) for saying Willian was much better than Moses (we were linked with him at the time) but worse than Hazard and Oscar (the two players we had just signed).

Now what? :P

Not sure if he is worst than Oscar.

Not sure if he is worst than Oscar.

I think they are in different stages of their careers!

Willian is the finished product, while Oscar will still develop into the player he will ultimately become...

I read a trash article on how Spurs dodged a bullet not signing Willian.. it then went on to say that he hasn't assisted once sinse his arrival and that was when I realised a Spurs fan had written the article. I won't bother to post that shyte here because it isn't worth your time reading it.

I do expect a lot more from Willian but not this season. Next year he will have to prove he is worth the millions we paid for him. If he can do it this year then great but not really fussed and have seen some glimpses of the Willian from Shaktar.

I think currently (not based on form, but where they stand in their careers) Willian is a better player than Oscar because he's older, more experienced, more well-rounded. Oscar has the potential to become better than Willian, but potential is something not that much tangible. He may develop to his full potential or he may not.

I agree with @Rmpr that Willian is on his peak... which doesn't make him the finished product (if I understand the expression right)... I mean he's on his prime, but I guess there's still room for improvement meaning I understand where @ is coming from too.

So finished product in my view is when the player fulfills his entire potential, Willian is already on his prime and peaking in his development curve, but I believe he can still continue ascending before he goes flat in that curve. So I agree with both Rapha and Cicero.

I think currently (not based on form, but where they stand in their careers) Willian is a better player than Oscar because he's older, more experienced, more well-rounded. Oscar has the potential to become better than Willian, but potential is something not that much tangible. He may develop to his full potential or he may not.

I agree with @Rmpr that Willian is on his peak... which doesn't make him the finished product (if I understand the expression right)... I mean he's on his prime, but I guess there's still room for improvement meaning I understand where @ is coming from too.

So finished product in my view is when the player fulfills his entire potential, Willian is already on his prime and peaking in his development curve, but I believe he can still continue ascending before he goes flat in that curve. So I agree with both Rapha and Cicero.

Well, I dont think Willian will get much better (if any), but that doesnt mean I think he will start falling anytime soon.

For instance, Ronaldo isnt better than two years ago, but he still just as spetacular!

And about Oscar, I really couldnt care less if people think he is or isnt better than Willian. I was just posting what I said more than one year ago...

Still not a huge fan of his. He works very hard of course but he's looked underwhelming in attack this season. Don't think I've seen him go past his marker once this season.

Have you been watching games blindfolded or something? His assist for Eto'o's goal in the Champions League is an example of him going past players.