Willian

Jase

I'm not a big Willian fan but football does not take place in a vacuum. Looked like one of the few pulling his own weight today.

funny how options are... Mata is one player I do not miss at all and have not been impressed by him at united.

I love Willian but like a couple of years ago we saw today that if he's our primary, go-to source for creativity and incisiveness in the final third we're in trouble. He's brilliant as a foil for Hazard or someone world class on the opposite side but he can't shoulder the load on his own.

He does so well in the build up but is so indecisive around the box. This is why Pedro is often favored. Still, he's a warrior and I'm glad we kept him and refused Mourinho's advances.

2 hours ago, BlueLion. said:

Absolutely love this bloke's attitude. I would go as far as saying he was the only one showed showed some bollocks in the first half. What a stupendous cross for Morata's goal, too.

Should've gotten another assist as well, if only Morata had more sense to leave Christiansen's shot (which looked like it was going in)...
But I still don't like his standing still routine and suddenly shifting to the right with a kick-stepover..slows down our play and allows opponents to regroup.

Willian is an immense player when he's carrying the ball forward, in fact almost unstoppable when he's dribbling at pace on the counter...

4 minutes ago, zakhov said:

Should've gotten another assist as well, if only Morata had more sense to leave Christiansen's shot (which looked like it was going in)...
But I still don't like his standing still routine and suddenly shifting to the right with a kick-stepover..slows down our play and allows opponents to regroup.

Willian is an immense player when he's carrying the ball forward, in fact almost unstoppable when he's dribbling at pace on the counter...

Not sure about Christensen's shot, Sky showed a really good angle from behind the angle that the ball was struck... I genuinely believe it was going to come back full off the post. Any striker worth their salt has to gamble on the one at the back post, so I can't really fault him for that. But I do entirely take your point! He's better than a lot of people give credit for. 

59 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

We needed him to step up these past 2 games. He has been poor. Pedro and Hazard for me.

Willian was our best player against Burnley. Are you serious? Today after a slow first half, improved late second half and did an amazing run and shot which hit the post.

Willian was our best player against Burnley. Are you serious? Today after a slow first half, improved late second half and did an amazing run and shot which hit the post.
His effort more often than not can't be questioned but he just lacks that final pass. Should have freed Moses midway through the first half like Pedro did for our winner.

On 20/08/2017 at 8:27 PM, Robguima said:

Agreed ^^

wasteful in possession but better in the second against spurs.

looks like he's lost a bit of pace and will struggle a bit more to beat players.

I thought the same thing. It seems most of his pace is gone. 

If we didn't have a squad depth problem, would you say now is the right time to sell Willian? He seems to have started his decline and we could earn quite a bit out of his transfer. I'd say Mahrez would be a great replacement.

On August 12, 2017 at 9:22 PM, Pizy said:

I love Willian but like a couple of years ago we saw today that if he's our primary, go-to source for creativity and incisiveness in the final third we're in trouble. He's brilliant as a foil for Hazard or someone world class on the opposite side but he can't shoulder the load on his own.

He does so well in the build up but is so indecisive around the box. This is why Pedro is often favored. Still, he's a warrior and I'm glad we kept him and refused Mourinho's advances.

The thing is with Willian is people say he's inconsistent when he isn't, he's super consistent in terms of playing at his true level. That's why people think he's plays better the worse the team get, in my eyes he wasn't any better in 15/16 than he was in the two title winning season's either side he just stood out because of how bad thing's got with the squad (and was having a free kick purple patch).

5 hours ago, Blusan Alamb said:

Barcelona are targeting Chelsea winger Willian (@francefootball) #CFC

he´s not going anywhere for now, with the transfer window almost closing we will not risk losing anymore players, our squad is thin as it is, altough for the right price the club would conisder selling him, but not this summer for sure.