Willian

Jase

Considering we must have had offers for him from teams in the CL I'm so happy hes still here. At one time I put him level par with Oscar but hes grown to be one of the 1st you would select anytime.

I think him and Bat Sushi will get on good both hating Spuds.

Near and Far - Willian

In the first of a new feature for the season ahead and to celebrate the four-year contract he signed yesterday, we ask Willian questions about his own country and about elsewhere in the world…

What characteristics define your country? First of all I love Brazil. It is my country and I think Brazil is special for football, for food and for me everything in Brazil is great. When I go to Brazil I always try to do barbeque, and I think when people go to Brazil they don’t want to come back.
Where’s your favourite place in your country? Sao Paulo. I live there as well. It is a big city so of course my house but I will say the whole of Sao Paulo for me.

Is there anywhere you would like to go in your country you’ve never been? One place is Fernando de Noronha. It is some beautiful islands, there is a beach and I hope in the next few years I will go there.

What sports are popular in Brazil, other than football? Of course the people they mostly like football first, but maybe basketball and volleyball as well, and not just beach volleyball, all types of volleyball. I am not so good at volleyball, I prefer basketball. 

Tell us something about football in your country we may not know. In Brazil, when you are young, maybe four or five years old, you start to play football in the street and everywhere, even inside the house. I think that is the difference from other countries, when you are born, people give a ball to you for the kid.

Where in the world would you like to go to where you’ve never been? I have been many places but maybe the Maldives. I think that is a very nice place.
What language would you like to speak?  I want to improve my English. I speak Portuguese and Russian and in English I am doing well but I want to improve.
When was the first time you left your country? When I was 15 I went to the USA to play football with my team Corinthians. It was good. The city was Portland.
Where do you see yourself maybe living when you finish playing football? I don’t know yet, maybe London, maybe Sao Paulo, maybe Miami. I have to choose. 

chelseafc.com

Capture.PNG

I have been discussing lineups with a friend of mine and wanted more opinions on willian. Do we think he can play next to fabregas in a midfield 3 with kante and be able to provide enough cover? (The reason i have mahrez in the lineups is we were discussing his possible fit)

willian      fab          kante

Mahrez   Costa       Hazard

(Morata, bats, traore, whoever in mahrez place)

I personally hope we can develop to play 3 at the back eventually and look something like this

courtois

koulibaly          christensen           zouma

willian      kante       matic             kennedy

mahrez            costa                hazard

(Morata, bats, traore, whoever in mahrez place)

So much better from Willian today, just a clean pass into the box for not one but two strikers to go after, not cutting into the area and looking confused. Clean and simple like his new hair just minus the rollers and plastic bag over it.

• 2 weeks later...

The lad strikes me as the contract means something to him and he wants to see out his EPL days with us.

I wonder how hard Mou went after him and how he did it? You can imagine his phone calls blowinf smoke up his arse. And its gotta be somethinh that you've got to sit and think about. It's not like going to Spuds or that other North London club. I'd love him to score against the rags then run past their bench kissing the badge.

Willian: 'I am Chelsea forever' but 'this season it can't be just about defence, defence, defence'

"The game against Madrid was disappointing. We must work hard and when we have the ball then we have to play good football. This season it can't be just about defence, defence, defence. We have to play good football and attack."

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2016/8/1/12340290/willian-chelsea-forever-jose-mourinho-interest-manchester-united-transfer-rumor

Willian happy at Chelsea after knocking back Jose Mourinho's overture to join him at Manchester United

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/willian-happy-chelsea-after-knocking-8534862

Willian ready to be one of Antonio Conte's key men after spurning reunion with Jose Mourinho: 'I have a great relationship with Jose, but I am Chelsea'

If united did really bid 60 million we fucked up by not accepting that bid. I really wish Spurs had signed this guy, dude has set us back 3-4 years. If he had not been signed we would arguably still have KDB in our books whose a way better player than this fraud 

Extremely limited player, Cuadrado is better and more useful than he. Useless too much offensively, just use tactics. If I didn't have speed and a good physical condition would be a worse player than Oscar.

1 hour ago, Vybz Kartel said:

If united did really bid 60 million we fucked up by not accepting that bid. I really wish Spurs had signed this guy, dude has set us back 3-4 years. If he had not been signed we would arguably still have KDB in our books whose a way better player than this fraud 

You are pathetic. There is one thing not rating him but calling him a fraud is ridiculous. So many small minded fans it is sad.

1 hour ago, Abreu03 said:

Extremely limited player, Cuadrado is better and more useful than he. Useless too much offensively, just use tactics. If I didn't have speed and a good physical condition would be a worse player than Oscar.

Another player who thinks pre-season is the way to judge a player. You probably think Moses is a world class player.

10 minutes ago, Stats said:

You are pathetic. There is one thing not rating him but calling him a fraud is ridiculous. So many small minded fans it is sad.

I wouldn't bite. He lost when he suggested De Bruyne would still be here, we all know the reason why KdB isn't. 

However if you care to recall @Vybz Kartel, we signed Salah, Cuadrado, Schurrle, etc all in a bid to find a world class winger on the right. Willian outstayed them all, so what does that tell you? 

Spoiler

(And yes that question was deliberately obtuse, because it's on the same level as your comment was imo.)

Don't judge a player just for the preseason, Willian already has 3 years of Chelsea, comes from a long time practicing a limited football and invisible. I'm just not to be fooled because of one lousy season as last. I will change my opinion about the Willian when he does really a standout season, it's very easy to stand out when no other player on the team is at its best level.
Make it look like this is an unexceptionable, haha. Has ridiculous numbers, his biggest highlight was the worst season in the last 20 years (he was the best sums up the moment lived by Chelsea), when the team was well boiled down to be a tactical player, only serving even to mark the opposing side, their offensive limitation is too large.