Willian

Jase

On 29/04/2016 at 2:57 PM, LDN Blue said:

Yeah man, if Ronaldo does make a move this summer (which could happen) Bale will be an important asset for them. You just hope they don't want Hazard to replace Ronaldo :lol: 

Bale does it again in absence of Ronaldo. People should not even mention Bale leaving Real. Not going to happen.

1 hour ago, Hybrid Angel said:

Fuck my life, some here actually want him sold.

I'll put it to you this way.. How many times have we had a team come with a big offer for our player, we say no and the very next season fans will be in arms saying "should've sold him for £x million when we could've." (Oscar most recently comes to mind) 

Iirc, Willian's into the last year of his deal (his initial 4-year deal from 2013 set to expire). The club, as it's been reported, have had a deal on the table for a while, but the Brazilian is yet to sign. I'd love it if he did, but if it's between £50m this year or free in July 2017... well.. lol 

20 hours ago, LDN Blue said:

I'll put it to you this way.. How many times have we had a team come with a big offer for our player, we say no and the very next season fans will be in arms saying "should've sold him for £x million when we could've." (Oscar most recently comes to mind) 

Iirc, Willian's into the last year of his deal (his initial 4-year deal from 2013 set to expire). The club, as it's been reported, have had a deal on the table for a while, but the Brazilian is yet to sign. I'd love it if he did, but if it's between £50m this year or free in July 2017... well.. lol 

Exactly, Willian hit his peek, time to sell while the value is the highest. 

We can use the money to get someone like Kante, Barkley,  stones etc etc. 

16 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Exactly, Willian hit his peek, time to sell while the value is the highest. 

We can use the money to get someone like Kante, Barkley,  stones etc etc. 

i agree: with the money take mahrez+kante !

The " great season " Willian .:

Diego Costa(Goals + Ass, UCL and PL)= 19
Willian(Goals + Ass, UCL and PL)=16

Season very overrated , because of her many should forget unproductive player who is since he arrived . To be the main team only going a horrible season like this. When Hazard, Fàbregas and Diego are at their best , we know what the real position of Willian , just be a worker, tactical player . In his best season can not be neither the most effective .

16 minutes ago, Abreu said:

Nah fuck that. Listen I'm for this sale, based on factors like he's on his last year and that £50m is a great figure for a 28 year old winger.

But to discredit Willian this season based on stats alone is a weak argument. I guarantee that 16 included more match winning goals/assists than Diego Costa's. Even if it isn't, without a shadow of a doubt Willian was the best player by far this season to wear the Chelsea shirt. Football is more than statistics at times and fans often need gentle reminders. 

18 minutes ago, Abreu said:

When Hazard, Fàbregas and Diego are at their best , we know what the real position of Willian , just be a worker, tactical player

It depends. The one jibe in past season is his poor conversion rate in the final third. While I still take issues with this, I remember his goals return tally was awful (something like 1500mins between goals), if he can take his goal scoring and assist form in the first half of the season into a full PL season then he'll be a wonderful asset to compliment Hazard and Fabregas.

2 hours ago, LDN Blue said:

Nah fuck that. Listen I'm for this sale, based on factors like he's on his last year and that £50m is a great figure for a 28 year old winger.

But to discredit Willian this season based on stats alone is a weak argument. I guarantee that 16 included more match winning goals/assists than Diego Costa's. Even if it isn't, without a shadow of a doubt Willian was the best player by far this season to wear the Chelsea shirt. Football is more than statistics at times and fans often need gentle reminders. 

It depends. The one jibe in past season is his poor conversion rate in the final third. While I still take issues with this, I remember his goals return tally was awful (something like 1500mins between goals), if he can take his goal scoring and assist form in the first half of the season into a full PL season then he'll be a wonderful asset to compliment Hazard and Fabregas.

But in no time I said that he was not the best of the season , do not disagree with that . Just showed that despite doing his best season at Chelsea can not be the best in statistics. But I do not base it just me , of course , analyze the desenpenho too. I am a critic of his football , I think a limited and struggling player , only to compose cast ... never to be absolute owner . If a top team has Willian as major player , a serious problem , and not for nothing that was the worst season since the team was purchased. But not sell because the team has enough problems ... With its sale only increase (Of course, appearing a millionaire and irresistible offer sell , player who is far from irreplaceable , just hire well ... thing that does not come happening ) . First you have to get rid of players who beyond limited are bad , like Pedro, Oscar , Mikel , Cahill , Ivanovic and others.

5 hours ago, Barbara said:

I think Willian is the least of our problems (actually he isn't a problem), but I also think that we should reflect on the fact that he only shone when we had our worst season in over a decade.

I'm not saying we should sell him - we shouldn't - but if your best player and he's been by far our best - is Willian, a player that doesn't raise interest from any other big club in the world, you know you need to revitalize your squad asap because you're on verge of becoming Liverpool.

Surely Hazard is our biggest star, but he's had a terrible season and we don't know if he'll stay or not, fact remains, Willian is the kind of player that should be a supporting star in a team with the ambitions we have (or used to). The fact he's the lead star shows we have deeper problems. If Eden is willing to stay and actually leave this season behind him and work his ass off next season, only he and Willian are worth keeping. Pedro and Oscar should be kissed goodbye and that's it, that's all we have in terms of attacking midfielders. Some years ago we had those (minus Pedro) AND Kevin, AND Mata, AND Schurrle. We had too many then, now we have too few. Kenedy and others from youth aren't the guys who we need to lead our attack, that's Hazard and someone else. Then Willian and one of the those kids can take supporting roles. We need to have more of them, but while I really changed my mind about Willian, and I really like and appreciate everything he did, if that's our aim for attacking midfielders, we're fated to mediocrity, not because he's mediocre, he isn't, just because he isn't and will never be a leading star in a squad. He's an important player to have, but he isn't the guy to turn a team into a top contender for EPL or UCL.

A big mistake  that we sold  KDB,Salah and Schurrle  .This season,Willian is doing well but like you said he will never be a leading star in a squad.

3 hours ago, Abreu said:

The " great season " Willian .:

Diego Costa(Goals + Ass, UCL and PL)= 19

Season very overrated , because of her many should forget unproductive player who is since he arrived . To be the main team only going a horrible season like this. When Hazard, Fàbregas and Diego are at their best , we know what the real position of Willian , just be a worker, tactical player . In his best season can not be neither the most effective .

Willian is not a scorer. He's only 3 behind Costa, it's more of a testament to Costa's shit season. In the early parts of the season when we were at our lowest, he played better than anyone else.. it doesn't reflect in numbers, because he's a workhorse and his main contribution is what he does on the field, not in numbers, but for him those numbers are very good. Barbara's post is spot on, in a normal season he's a supporting player and nowhere near our main star player, but this season he has given his all and didn't sulk like everybody else. 

10 hours ago, Henrique said:

Sometimes I Can't stand some people in this forum. They act like those people playing online divisions in FIFA or PES , when they usually have a default formation and playing style, and only use 12 or 13 players the whole year.

It doesn't really matter if Conte will use 4-3-3, 3-5-2, 4-4-2, any succesful team in the world need a big squad, instead of only 11 players. I think those people don't realize the biggest of our problems in past years was the lack of depth in this fucking squad. Bayern don't care if they already have Ribery, Goetze and Robben, they still will go for Douglas Costa. They don't care if they already have Martínez, Alcantara and Xabi Alonso, they will get Vidal, but here in this forum all I read is: "oh, lets sell this player, because I don't think he will make my ideal starting XI team".

Fuck that. Willian was our best player this season, and we all know this is not a Club that must sell in order to buy, It doesn't matter the formation Conte will use, or how many player we will get next season, Willian still is a important and useful player, and doesn't make any sense to use the word "sell" in this topic.

The players that should be sold are those ones who are not motivated anymore and are agitating for a move (we should only consider selling Hazard if thats the case), or players who have become 100% useless, like Remy and Oscar.

For me, we should get at least 2 strikers in next tranfer window, since at the moment only Costa can be considering useful (in my books Traore is not even close of being ready yet), and of those strikers should be a top one, but that does't mean we should selling Costa.

Indeed - great points, but I think Mou's under use of the squad for a few seasons has seen people believe you don't need a big squad... The announcement that FFP was merely a sham - should finally wake our board up, yes balancing the books is nice, but winning is what counts !!! 

£50m for Willian is a good deal though, I would be sad to see him leave, but if he wants to go, then we should allow it. He is the only person that can hold his head up high this season. If he stays, great :) I won't complain :) 

the club has a big summer coming up, what Acadamy players will be promoted to be 'squad' players, which targets Conte wants secured and what dead wood to move on... They need to get it right, because we need to hit the ground running come August! 

19 hours ago, Henrique said:

Sometimes I Can't stand some people in this forum. They act like those people playing online divisions in FIFA or PES , when they usually have a default formation and playing style, and only use 12 or 13 players the whole year.

Forgot to say Football Manager who is a great game :dance: