Willian

Jase

I have my own opinion on Willian and I can see that other members highlight the points I want to make, so I will avoid running through the debate again ( as I've been doing so since October 2013 eveyrwhere on Internet... ), but this sentence is absolutely out of place, especially the second part of it, are you serious in believement that your assessment is the only valid one ?

Valid or invalid? Let me reply using the notion of correct or incorrect. Like everyone on the planet, whenever I have a firm opinion on a subject I belive that opinion to be correct for, if I didn't think it was correct, I'd stop thinking it and think something else instead. :)

Whether you think my opinion is correct is another matter. I didn't say you can't see another way, I said I couldn't. And I can't. :)

I have my own opinion on Willian and I can see that other members highlight the points I want to make, so I will avoid running through the debate again ( as I've been doing so since October 2013 eveyrwhere on Internet... ), but this sentence is absolutely out of place, especially the second part of it, are you serious in believement that your assessment is the only valid one ?

of course he is always certain that his view is the only correct one . Put him on ignore.

Definitely. I am sure it is a skill. He just has spend hours practising and it has benefited him and us. This was his comments on his free kick technique couple weeks ago:

"I've been practicing free-kicks for a long time, but until this season I haven't had many opportunities to take them during the game. Now I have, and it comes from something I've been practicing."

"I've been hitting the ball with a lot of intensity and I've found a way of striking them from wide on the left with a lot of pace and velocity so there is a chance for my teammates to get a touch on the ball, but if it happens that no one gets a touch, it passes straight into the goal."

We are quite lucky in our history of free kick takers that we've usually been a threat from a direct free kick. You had the wildcats like Luiz, Alex, Luis but also the ones who were precise like Drogba, Lampard, Mata and now Willian. Not forgetting Hazard and Oscar.

We are quite lucky in our history of free kick takers that we've usually been a threat from a direct free kick. You had the wildcats like Luiz, Alex, Luis but also the ones who were precise like Drogba, Lampard, Mata and now Willian. Not forgetting Hazard and Oscar.

Deco too, and Geremi was decent at it. And of course, Filipe Luis.

:carlo:

Am I forgetting or did I miss anything?

Great news :), really want him to stay with us, a real workhorse, always gives his all for the club and this season he has been our best performer so far. Keep it up Willian :blue scalf: KTBFFH. Cheers

Off topic: If anyone hasn´t voted for Willian to win goal of the week in the Champions League matchday 4, please give him a hand, he´s pratically tied with Alaba on the poll results so far. Wouldn´t be at all surprised if Arsenal fans boycott that poll even if it means someone who scored against them, they rather anyone who´s not a Chelsea player to win, lmao :D

Here´s the link for voting:

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/goal-of-the-week/index.html

Di Maria and Roncaglia were probably the two best players over the course of the 90 mins of the Argentina-Brazil game, but it was Willian who produced the best bit of individual play:

"https://streamable.com/e/dm25"

"https://streamable.com/e/kx5f"

I don't know how long he can keep this type of play up, but it is delightful to see.

Even Neymar is looking average next to him.

Me neither, but we need him at his best until the rest of the team turn up.

Him and Costa were superb tonight

Literally just ran the length of the pitch to stop a clear goal scoring chance for Peru.

Cant get enough of this guy.

He did it twice during the game.

He was one of Brazil best players (as usual), and made a decisive contribution yet again.

Neymar was awful, though. He was so consistently brilliant for Brazil before the Copa America, and I'm not quite sure what has caused this change in his performance level with the NT given that he's currently in wonderful form for Barcelona.

He did it twice during the game.

He was one of Brazil best players (as usual), and made a decisive contribution yet again.

Neymar was awful, though. He was so consistently brilliant for Brazil before the Copa America, and I'm not quite sure what has caused this change in his performance level with the NT given that he's currently in wonderful form for Barcelona.

Meanwhile with the form of Willian and Costa, Oscar will have damn hard time to get back in the first 11.

Also, anyone knows why Allan hasnt been called up yet? He is doing realy well for napoli and brazil is lacking good midfielders. Think with his agressivness and skill, he could be almost perfect CM for them.

Meanwhile with the form of Willian and Costa, Oscar will have damn hard time to get back in the first 11.

Also, anyone knows why Allan hasnt been called up yet? He is doing realy well for napoli and brazil is lacking good midfielders. Think with his agressivness and skill, he could be almost perfect CM for them.

Probably because Allan is not big enough of a name and Napoli isn't a big enough club. Its all about the marketing.

Probably because Allan is not big enough of a name and Napoli isn't a big enough club. Its all about the marketing.

Yeah I heard brazil FA is corrupted, sponsors pick players etc...Nothing surprising when you see bunch of their players from china league, brazil league, etc meanwhile players like Alex Teixeira, Allan and similar dont make the cut...