Willian

Jase

Thats because both of those players doesnt wotrh much if they're not given any space. And when you play for a top club like Chelsea you're not giving any, not by the small teams who seats and wait for your move, and not by the big teams who puts pressure on the ball. Salah's and Schurlle's technical abilities are too limited so they couldnt contribute in helping the team breaking a defensive fotmation, they couldnt pass or kept the ball good and quick enough under pressure. I think it will be the same with Cuadrado, but i hope and believe he's slightly better than that, so he could come off the bench and help when we need something different.

Nobody is saying they should be starters but more to the point of having different options in the team. By having so similar players in the side, we're making it somewhat easy for opponents to defend when majority of the play is done in front of them. We aren't shooting and scoring enough goals at the moment and one, if not both, of the players we let go could have solved the problem when we needed. If you want to talk about technical abilities and being limited, then what about Ramires and especially Oscar? It's not like they are pulling up any trees in those aspects.

Nobody is saying they should be starters but more to the point of having different options in the team. By having so similar players in the side, we're making it somewhat easy for opponents to defend when majority of the play is done in front of them. We aren't shooting and scoring enough goals at the moment and one, if not both, of the players we let go could have solved the problem when we needed. If you want to talk about technical abilities and being limited, then what about Ramires and especially Oscar? It's not like they are pulling up any trees in those aspects.

We now have Cuadrado instead of them, who isnt exactly a ball playing player, he could make those runs and with better ball control (once he'll get stronger).

Ramires/Oscar needs a replacemnt for that reason mainly, thats what i was talking about in the previous page, dont know if you read it. But anyway Oscar is more gifted on the ball than Salah, Schurlle and Cuadrado, thats why he's still here and playing.

We now have Cuadrado instead of them, who isnt exactly a ball playing player, he could make those runs and with better ball control (once he'll get stronger).

Whether or not that will happen remains to be seen. Right now, the signs are not good at all. It's plain silly that we've left ourselves shorthanded on the attacking front.

Ramires/Oscar needs a replacemnt for that reason mainly, thats what i was talking about in the previous page, dont know if you read it. But anyway Oscar is more gifted on the ball than Salah, Schurlle and Cuadrado, thats why he's still here and playing.

More gifted doesn't mean much when on its own, Oscar isn't all that great and to say he's still here and playing because of that is pushing it.

Whether or not that will happen remains to be seen. Right now, the signs are not good at all. It's plain silly that we've left ourselves shorthanded on the attacking front.

More gifted doesn't mean much when on its own, Oscar isn't all that great and to say he's still here and playing because of that would be pushing it.

1. The signs were never good with Salah, you should remember that only Schurrle helped us (sometimes). But i agree that right now Cuadrado looks as bad as Salah.

2. Im not saying Oscar is a great gifted player, im saying he's MORE gifted than those 3 players, thats why he's playing and they're not. The main reason anyway. Like i said, its not enough and i think Jose knows that too.

1. The signs were never good with Salah, you should remember that only Schurrle helped us (sometimes). But i agree that right now Cuadrado looks as bad as Salah.

Maybe Salah was never meant to feature for us but think he had a better half-debut season last year than Cuadrado right now. Schurrle only helped us sometimes this year because he had that illness (whatever that was). Last season, he showed his quality and did great for us on several occasions. Scored some very big goals too.

2. Im not saying Oscar is a great gifted player, im saying he's MORE gifted than those 3 players, thats why he's playing and they're not. The main reason anyway.

Disagree. The main reason why Oscar has played so much is because of his workrate, tactical discpline and ability to provide balance in the side. Otherwise, doubt Mourinho would have selected him ahead of Mata to become our No.10 when the latter is undoubtedly way better on the ball in every aspect than Oscar.

Disagree. The main reason why Oscar has played so much is because of his workrate, tactical discpline and ability to provide balance in the side. Otherwise, doubt Mourinho would have selected him ahead of Mata to become our No.10 when the latter is undoubtedly way better on the ball in every aspect than Oscar.

Wait.. Mata? i thought we're talking about why Oscar plays this season, why he gets the nod over Salah, Cuadrado and Schurrle. You mixed it up a little.

Its well known that Oscar played instead of Mata because of the issues you mentioned - workrate, tactical discpline, providing balance. And off course those things also helped him in getting game time this season too, but imo its not the main or at least not the only reason.

And as for Schurrle, i dont think illness was the issue, i always thought it will end with him sooner or later. Never really fitted imo. Yeah he got some goals last season, but didnt played well through games and that hurt us.

Wait.. Mata? i thought we're talking about why Oscar plays this season, why he gets the nod over Salah, Cuadrado and Schurrle. You mixed it up a little.

Its well known that Oscar played instead of Mata because of the issues you mentioned - workrate, tactical discpline, providing balance. And off course those things also helped him in getting game time this season too, but imo its not the main or at least not the only reason.

I mentioned Mata in relation to your point about Oscar only plays because he's technically better. I simply disagree with that.

And as for Schurrle, i dont think illness was the issue, i always thought it will end with him sooner or later. Never really fitted imo. Yeah he got some goals last season, but didnt played well through games and that hurt us.

The illness will obviously end but the issue is, how much did it affect Schurrle? Judging from what he and Mourinho said, it seems to be a lot. Was always going to need time to get going again.

And didn't play well through games and that hurt us? That's somewhat ironic.

I mentioned Mata in relation to your point about Oscar only plays because he's technically better. I simply disagree with that.

And didn't play well through games and that hurt us? That's somewhat ironic.

1. Ok, although i dont think it was a necessary mention when we talked about this season, not about Mata-Oscar. We talked why Oscar starts over those 3 players. And i never said "only because", i said the opposite. Never mind.

And you simply disagree with what? "he's starting over others this season because he's technically better"? thats the only thing i said, no Mata talk or anything.

2. DIdnt get whats ironic. Lets not turn it into a childish battle, im not into it, if you want to add something to the discussion just add it.

1. Ok, although i dont think it was a necessary mention when we talked about this season, not about Mata-Oscar. We talked why Oscar starts over those 3 players. And i never said "only because", i said the opposite. Never mind.

And you simply disagree with what? he's starting over others this season because he's technically better? thats the only thing i said, no Mata talk or anything.

2. DIdnt get whats ironic. Lets not turn it into a childish battle, im not into it, if you want to add something to the discussion just add it.

Not turning it into a childish battle. Just funny when you said "didn't play well through games and that hurt us" in a discussion involving Oscar.

Not turning it into a childish battle. Just funny when you said "didn't play well through games and that hurt us" in a discussion involving Oscar.

Get it, i see the irony. But Oscar imo hurt us less, because he's technically better.

When the possibility of Cuadrado joining Chelsea was a mere rumour, I already thought Willian was the better player. So this is not a case of judging too quickly. He'll obviously do better with time, but not better than Willian imo.

You're being too presumptuous but that's your prerogative...

You're being too presumptuous but that's your prerogative...

What's wrong with rating Willian higher than Cuadrado? Especially when you already thought so before we even signed him? Nothing too presumptuous about his opinion IMO, I think the same, hence why I didn't even want us to sign Cuadrado...

He's here now however and I do believe he needs a lot of time to adapt to the PL before we see the best of him.

What's wrong with rating Willian higher than Cuadrado? Especially when you already thought so before we even signed him? Nothing too presumptuous about his opinion IMO, I think the same, hence why I didn't even want us to sign Cuadrado...

He's here now however and I do believe he needs a lot of time to adapt to the PL before we see the best of him.

Just like there's nothing wrong with me thinking its a bit presumptuous. Look at the other players who were brought in by Jose, Salah, Schurrle, Willian even Remy all needed at least half a year before they could be trusted to feature for him. I'm just saying wait till next season before you make those types of comparisons.

Just like there's nothing wrong with me thinking its a bit presumptuous. Look at the other players who were brought in by Jose, Salah, Schurrle, Willian even Remy all needed at least half a year before they could be trusted to feature for him. I'm just saying wait till next season before you make those types of comparisons.

Why? I saw enough of Cuadrado before Chelsea to make a conceited comparison between him and Willian...

"Willian's currently riding a team-high streak of 21 consecutive appearances (15 starts). He's missed just 4 games all season, which is second lowest after Hazard's 3. Willian may not be the flashiest ever £30m signing, but he's become an undeniably crucial part of this Chelsea machine."

-WAGNH

Pre Jan 1

Courtois

Iva Cahill Terry Azpi

Matic Cesc

Willian Oscar Hazard

Costa

Post Jan 1

Courtois

Azpi Zouma Terry Luis

Matic Cesc

Juan Willian Hazard

Remy

Lol, it carries more truth than I'd otherwise like...