Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Willian

Jas
Followers 7

I think if he keeps this level going and if he gets played down the middle, he will truly become a world class player. What impresses me the most about him is ironically his decision making. It has improved massively over the past few months, leading to him imo becoming our best player at the moment.

Griezmann - Willian - Hazard.

It's mouthwatering.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Willian's heat map vs Man City.

Posted Images

Willian in the middle gives Eden the opportunity to drop into the middle a lot more.

Incredible turn around from him really. Let's hope he starts off like this next season and keeps improving.

• Like 1

Really good performance, threatening with his shooting and passing. Can only hope this is the minimum when it comes to his performances overall next season.

I think if he keeps this level going and if he gets played down the middle, he will truly become a world class player. What impresses me the most about him is ironically his decision making. It has improved massively over the past few months, leading to him imo becoming our best player at the moment.

Griezmann - Willian - Hazard.

It's mouthwatering.

Willian in the middle gives Eden the opportunity to drop into the middle a lot more.

Incredible turn around from him really. Let's hope he starts off like this next season and keeps improving.

Really good performance, threatening with his shooting and passing. Can only hope this is the minimum when it comes to his performances overall next season.

All he needs now is to add more goals and assists to his game...

• Like 2

All he needs now is to add more goals and assists to his game...

I was going to say this, but I thought I mentioned that plenty of times now. But yeah, he's without a doubt a brilliant player if he can do that.

He is so much better than Oscar at the #10 position its not even close. It´s not a coincidence that Willian had his best games for us when he played in the middle. If he keeps on improving his stats a little bit he will be even better considering what he gives the team in terms of balance and workrate.

• Like 2

With his improvment, and Jose's words about Oscar a few weeks ago (he thinks he'll have the same evolution Eden had this season) i think its becoming quite clear we're not going to sign someone like Koke, Pogba or Gundogan etc. Probably just a CM in the likes of Imbula. Hope they'll prove it was the right choice. In that case a proven star for RW is a must though, we do need some improvement, some new blood.

Hazard being incredible is nothing new, but Willian last few months has been just as good.

think of the abuse he got .. I always had faith in him .. He will only get better.

• Like 4

His lone range passing has been UNREAL lately..a joy to watch. It's as if he's playing with a new found confidence. Hope it carries over to next year.

If we add a true threat from the wing and let Willian prosper in the #10 role this side can step up another level.

with the confidence of being a champion, I think he'll even be better next season

How about instead we try Oscar on the wing, Willian in the middle and make Ivanovic stay back and actually defend?

What? I can't even understand what you're saying. What does that mean? Does such a thing even exist?!

But, but, but Oscar is our true number 10, right...right...?

In all seriousness, I think the last few games when him and Hazard were given the creative freedom to change positions and both roamed in the 10 and LW position, Willian was outstanding. Attacking wise he is superior to Oscar due to fluidity, dribbling and pace. Yes, he maybe lacks a bit vision in terms of through balls, but I'd prefer him to the slow-steady Oscar, if he remains incosistent, regardless of how good his finishing is.

Banter side, where's Gilvorak, Pacquiao and the others from Oscar fan club? Surely it's time to mention Willian didn't score which is why Oscar is the #10?

• Like 4

But, but, but Oscar is our true number 10, right...right...?

In all seriousness, I think the last few games when him and Hazard were given the creative freedom to change positions and both roamed in the 10 and LW position, Willian was outstanding. Attacking wise he is superior to Oscar due to fluidity, dribbling and pace. Yes, he maybe lacks a bit vision in terms of through balls, but I'd prefer him to the slow-steady Oscar, if he remains incosistent, regardless of how good his finishing is.

Banter side, where's Gilvorak, Pacquiao and the others from Oscar fan club? Surely it's time to mention Willian didn't score which is why Oscar is the #10?

I'm not part of the Oscar fan club but there is a difference in style between them if they are playing that no. 10. I think Willian is much more suited in games where we are playing more counter attacking football and sit deeper since he allows us to relieve pressure with his superb ball carrying abilities.

Oscar is better for me when we are trying to be more dominant. It's hard to say but I think it's his ability to position himself excellently and provide fluidity in the attack. Perhaps it's a coincidence but whenever he's on form, we look absolutely brilliant.

But like many others have pointed out, Willian has upped his game. If he continues this upward trend I think he might just take over that spot permanently.