Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea vs Hull City

BlueLion.
Followers 2

yeah, I don't think Mata will play.

I'd go with KDB in the right, Oscar centered, and Hazard in the left.

We shouldn't play Mata 90 minutes even if he's already recovered from his injury.

It's not that much of a hard match - although I really believe there's no easy match in football (anything can happen) - so I'd spare him from starting and if he's fit to play, would play 30-35 minutes in the second.

I think we can't afford to lose him for later and those pre-season injuries should be handled carefully so they don't create a situation later. Let him take all time in the world to recover... as much as he needs to really be able to play 90 minutes again.

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ 5-0? Not a chance. Hull have absolutely nothing to lose and yet have the chance of causing a major upset. They will go hammer and tongs at this game to prove themselves.

Games on the opening day against newly-promoted sides have never been easy. Ever.

We smashed the newly promoted baggies 6-0 in 2010

---------Cech--------

Azpi--Iva--Terry-Cole

------MvG--Ramires--

Kdb----Oscar--Hazard

----------Lukaku--------

will be the lineup i think.

Cech

Ivanovic - Cahil - Terry - Cole

Ramires - MvG

KDB - Oscar - Hazard

Lukaku

Can't see Mata starting as he is not 100% fit yet. Can't see any spanish players starting as well considering that they may be jet lagged from their NT friendly and that Luiz isn't 100% either.

mata torres were not selected for friendly game only azpi

haha. pretty sure he didn't mean that 2nd goal but the first one was well struck

The freekick was world class, the second goal was a failed cross, he admitted it himself.

I refuse to believe that!

fingers-in-ears.jpg

What's up with people selecting Mata, Azpi and Torres? Spain have a friendly a couple of days ahead of the EPL starting, perhaps Mata wasn't played that much to try avoid him from Spain's squad.

What's up with people selecting Mata, Azpi and Torres? Spain have a friendly a couple of days ahead of the EPL starting, perhaps Mata wasn't played that much to try avoid him from Spain's squad.

Mata and Torres aren't in the squad tho..

pretty sure the squad was selected for the friendlies and Mata and Torres were not in the squad just Azpi

http://www.thestar.com.my/Sport/Football/2013/08/09/Del-Bosque-names-experimental-squad-for-Ecuador-friendly.aspx

3:0; Hazard and Oscar will destroy them. Goals from Lukaku (one on one after throughball from Hazard), a screamer from the Bruyne and a goal from Shurrle (after replacing KDB).

Formation:

----------Lukaku--------

-Hazard--Oscar--KDB-

-----MVG--Rambo------

-Cole-Terry-Cahill-Azpi

-----------Chech---------

Subs: Mata, Shürrle and Essien.