Tal fined £80,000

AVRAM GRANT will hit Tal Ben Haim with an £80,000 fine for his amazing outburst in SunSport.

As open warfare broke out at Chelsea yesterday, furious Blues chief Grant also accused his fellow Israeli of lying over claims ex-boss Jose Mourinho promised the defender a regular first-team role at Stamford Bridge.

Grant said: “It is internal business but, in my opinion, if a player was wrong we need to deal with it — in our way, my way.”

Centre-back Ben Haim, 26, took aim at Grant after the 1-1 home draw with Wigan on Monday night virtually ended Chelsea’s hopes of lifting the Premier League title.

He insisted he would never have moved from Bolton last summer if he had known Grant would replace the ‘Special One’ Mourinho.

Ben Haim was fined two weeks’ wages for his outburst.

As for his claim he would have been a first pick under Mourinho, Grant said: “I don’t think Jose promised Ben Haim he will play before John Terry, Carvalho and Alex.”

The explosive row is the last thing Grant needs ahead of the club’s must-win match at Everton tonight.

Midfield star Frank Lampard is likely to be missing again due to his mum Pat’s illness.

Grant said: “Football is very important but sometimes other things are more important. I understand it.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1051315.ece

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

About time somebody spoke his mind. Well done Ben-Haim :P Otherwise a useless player.

Sad for Lampsy. Hope his family gets well and we can see him on the pitch soon. Does anybody know what's up with his mom ?

Yeah, I'm glad he's said what probably most of them are thinking but seriously, he really expected to be playing every week? He's gotta be having a laugh surely? Either that or Mourinho was if he really made him promises like that. The bloke's a liability.

I'm sure he's one who won't need showing where the door is in the summer, sounds like he'll be making his way there as soon as the final whistle is blown.

when i first heard about it i thought that he was being an idiot but i actually agree with him

i think that most of the players signed for Jose and not to be playing under Grant

and it says something that the player that highlights this is the one that played under Grant for his national team

Does Grant have enough players who will play for him, plus enough money to replace the ones who don't? Who knows, what it does show though is ANOTHER reason why Grant should not under any circumstances stay on next season...

Does Grant have enough players who will play for him, plus enough money to replace the ones who don't? Who knows, what it does show though is ANOTHER reason why Grant should not under any circumstances stay on next season...

Well thats the problem isn't it -he's hardly enticing to World class players, and the players grapevine will be buzzing with stories about it being an unsteady ship etc

Grant should just do what he does best

http://pro.corbis.com/images/42-17261349.j...ECA3E1675798%7D

Well thats teh problem isn't it -he's hardly enticing to World calss players, and the players grapevine will be buzzing with stories about it being an unsteady ship etc

Grant should just do what he does best

http://pro.corbis.com/images/42-17261349.j...ECA3E1675798%7D

And he can't even do that right!!!

It is just crazy to think that he could be given another year!!!

It just goes to show what a big personality Jose was I guess. Other than Ben Haim, big hitters such as Drogba and Carvalho all signed because of Mourinho.

It's not about Jose anymore..... it is all about Grant and the fact that he is just not good enough to stay on in this role anymore!

I think when mourinho signed him he had some faith in him, and yeah he'd play him for some games, the trust things, his signing, and i'm sure even after the Torres thing he would have had a bit more of a run out I reckon. Since Avram joined his confidence must've hit rock bottom, Jose wanted him and that was a big + when a manager like that wants him, tbh I think he's still a handy player to have as a reserve, someone who wont complain for reg football but someone who's not the worst CB in the world. And no he isnt.

The thing is, Ben Haim was one of the best defenders in the league when he was at Bolton. Shame things haven't worked out - but Alex, Carvalho and Terry are the best around in my opinion. Good on him for dumping TSNO in the shit.