Breaking Bad

Ankit

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Breaking Bad is so good that the later seasons make the 1st season look poor, even though it is a good season.

It's the rare case when a show becomes better as seasons go by. Dayum, I should definitely rewatch the whole thing.

Breaking Bad is one of the best shows I ever seen.

Although I really enjoy Game of Thrones. And if you ask me, the red wedding episode is probably the best episode I ever seen from any show ever.

But Breaking bad was a masterpiece from it's inception till it's conclusion.

• 2 weeks later...

i might be the only one not hopping on the Breaking bad bandwagon just yet. I only watched the first season and it was kind of boring tbh

The other seasons are so much better, the first season is known as the worst one by far.

I just finished the final episode. I expected "more", tbh. Especially the whole Jesse outcome is too vague for my liking.

How "more" you wanted though?

I think the series finished exceptionally well the story/fate of almost every character. The only person who got a bad ending was Marie!

I mean, Jesse's life is what it is (completely fucked up) and there was nothing else to show imo. He is a good man that has just made all the wrong decisions in life, was never given much credit for his achievements (parents, Walt, etc), but he will ultimately learn to deal with it (just like the rehab guy always told). His future life will be the constant battle of both happy and terrible moments - something that is clearly shown by his mix of laughing and crying while getting away from his biggest nightmare. Exactly like Jesse's behavior was throughout all season, there will be times in which he will be in peace and there will be times in which he will be in total disaster!

What will he do next? Well, that is the beauty of it...Each person gets to decide based on how they personally built Pinkman's personality. In my opinion, he will live a more low profile life but he will never be able to recover and get away from this "drug envirorment". However, I have had people think he will finally go to Alaska and wait to die in sorrow. Or even that he will use his "expirience" to help others or even try to save Brok. Anyway, you can decide his fait solely based on how you have perceived and learned from him instead of Gillian giving you a narrow scripted ending.

(He was my favourite character of the series btw)

About Walt and how the general public praises so much that final season...

Well, I cant tell you it isnt overrated because it most definitely is (I even posted that before). But I still think it was amazing!

He went from a hated high school teacher to a meth legend. Not only that, but he fulfiled all his promisses without the parties involved in it even knowing. He provided his family with financial security; he put Gretchen in her proper place; he dethroned two of the biggest drug empires in the USA; he made two master moves to kill both the Neo-Nazis and Mike's crew; he proved his true love to Hank in the end; and he made Jesse a totally new human being!

However, what I believe most of the positive critics comes from is the subttle message that lies bewteen the lines of that last scene. He died exactly where he felt alive, while he wouldnt even he had just stayed in his classroom (where he felt dead). Mr. White became a recognised brilliant chemist (something he always dreamed of) and also an accomplished teacher (he checked all the equipaments and didnt make one single adjustment because Jesse was cooking a perfect batch).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Breaking bad was awesome. I just watched every episode in 2 weeks. Yes sad I know but worth the pain it caused my eyes. Though for me it still doesn't top The Sopranos or Boardwalk Empire but that's a personal preference because i am obsessed with American gangsters.

I watched this entire show in 2 weeks. It was amazing. Jesse was awesome as was Walt. A lot of the characters (Hank, Skyler, Jesse) seemed like they were simple and became so complex. It is the best show I've ever seen, just plain nuts.

Funny I was told the same thing & that Season 3 was off the hook. I was very much entertained w/ Season 1 & 2. I guess some people want you to hurry up & watch everything ;)

Had a chemistry test yesterday.

The question was which element has the follow Relative Atomic Mass. Since the RAM was 80, it was Br (Bromine). As soon as I saw that I told myself, "BR-EAKING BA-D"

I resisted the temptation to draw the Breaking Bad logo for the answer :P

EDIT: You ppl r complete retards! You told me Season 1+2 would be slow and boring and that I would have to keep up with it just for Season 4/5.

I LOVE SEASON 1 AND 2 A LOT! If they are this good I can't imagine how good 4/5 will be.

My brother told me the shoe started slow and after 1 episode i was hooked. I loved every season. I was never bored. Unless it was a Skyler scene:P

• 4 months later...

One of the best series' ever. Bought the complete boxset at the start of the year. and had the complete series finished by the start of February. Absolutely love it. Walter White is a great character. He's no Tony Soprano but he's great nonetheless.

SCIENCE, BITCH!