TalkChelsea EPL Fantasy 2013/14

Steve

Sorry dear, world is cruel I know.. :P I think Jagielka is a good choice, plus having your defenders from the top teams doesn't earn you lots of points all the time.

My defence was the only part I would have top teams only players :(

I think our defence will be the best in the league under Mourinho... I'll sack Mertesacker for someone cheaper so I can afford Ivan :(

My starting XI is 2 Chelsea (gave Carzola up to have Terry), 2 Arsenal, 1 Swansea, 1 West Ham, 1 ManU, 1 Sunderland, 1 West Brom, 1 Southampton and 1 ManC

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm reliably informed that Pailinho was injured or unavailable for a lot of preseason and my Spurs mate really rates him but he may end up playing deeper.

Man city just have too many quality striker/wide man options that it's tough to pick and will have to share a lot of points between them.

So your probably right there.

Man city's team is looking very good i must say especially with all their new recruits they have brought in.

And chelsea wise, I have gambled with the belgians hazard (obv not a gamble), KDB, and lukaku. But I can easily transfer one of those out after our double game week if it would appear Jose is gonna go with a certain Spanish bloke.

Paulinho will play deeper as you say, hence don't see him scoring that much!I have Soldado because Spurs have some tasty fixture at tha the start.

Man City are a landmine, no one knows who is fit and nailed on. I have zabaleta and i am scared he might be rotating with Richards! Dzeko too. . considering he started 6 of the 7 pre season games.

For my Chelsea coverage i have Hazard, Cole and Lukaku. I think your KDB gamble may turn out to be very good! I also feel Schurrle has gone under the radar and he might be a surprise package!!

don't crash my dreams like that, K! :cry:

I worked around my budget and I ended up with only Hazard and I'm quite content with what I have, but I want to replace Jagielka for Ivanovic or Terry. It's a 0.5-1 pound difference *cries copiously*

I want my defence to be Chelsea, ManC and Arsenal :(

And that's the whole game miss. You just have to find the best balance with the money alloted.

One basic rule of FPL which a lot of people don't adhere to: It's a marathon, not a sprint. The players you think may be game changers now might turn out to be liability at that price and players who nobody gave a chance at the start will be in everyone's team before long! This is how this game flows!!

And that's the whole game miss. You just have to find the best balance with the money alloted.

One basic rule of FPL which a lot of people don't adhere to: It's a marathon, not a sprint. The players you think may be game changers now might turn out to be liability at that price and players who nobody gave a chance at the start will be in everyone's team before long! This is how this game flows!!

I don't have a clue of the first thing, Ankit :(

I tried to convince my brother to join - he said he forgets to update his team way too often - and when he asked me if it was like the one we have in Brazil for our league I couldn't say.

I thought the main thing was to make money - having a valuable team, but he explained me that it's probably the case of receiving points based on the players' performance. Then I decided to read the entire help section...

He was right and I'm still the most clueless person playing this ever.

But I've got the team I want to play the entire season with. I'll do two changes in two weeks for now - coincidentally when Chelsea won't play - to settle that team and I'll only use the first wildcard if I do really bad or if there's this one player that I paid a lot for that became a liability as you said. Otherwise I only plan to do changes in the January window if it affects my team too much.

I will follow it weekly, but I decided to face it more realistically and pretend if my team was a real club I wouldn't have the chance to keep adding players every week.

I know it makes no sense to think like that, but as I said, if I do really, really, really bad, I'll use the wildcard to set up a new team.

Do you want to see my team and see if I'm not embarrassedly too off the mark? And don't copy me if for some sort of miracle it's a good one. :P

I don't have a clue of the first thing, Ankit :(

I tried to convince my brother to join - he said he forgets to update his team way too often - and when he asked me if it was like the one we have in Brazil for our league I couldn't say.

I thought the main thing was to make money - having a valuable team, but he explained me that it's probably the case of receiving points based on the players' performance. Then I decided to read the entire help section...

He was right and I'm still the most clueless person playing this ever.

But I've got the team I want to play the entire season with. I'll do two changes in two weeks for now - coincidentally when Chelsea won't play - to settle that team and I'll only use the first wildcard if I do really bad or if there's this one player that I paid a lot for that became a liability as you said. Otherwise I only plan to do changes in the January window if it affects my team too much.

I will follow it weekly, but I decided to face it more realistically and pretend if my team was a real club I wouldn't have the chance to keep adding players every week.

I know it makes no sense to think like that, but as I said, if I do really, really, really bad, I'll use the wildcard to set up a new team.

Do you want to see my team and see if I'm not embarrassedly too off the mark? And don't copy me if for some sort of miracle it's a good one. :P

Your players will fetch you points, and if you have someone who is firing on all cylinders(take the case of RvP last season), then his value keeps on increasing as more and more users tried to get him into their team. Hence Rvp started at 13.0M(i guess) but due to his goal scoring and the fact that so many people transferred him IN to their sides, his value shot up to 13.3, the following week to 13.6 and by the end of the season , he was close to 14.5. So for someone who got him when he was just 13, he earned a profit of 1.5M for his team by the end of the season. Similarly the player value drops too, like for Torres who started at 10 was down to 9.2 because no one had him and the people who gambled on him transferred him OUT of the team, resulting in value drop. So lets say you have Jovetic who is new to the EPL, he is 9.5 and he starts banging in the goals, his value will shot up, to say 9.8 or even 10(depending on how many people transfer him IN), now suddenly you feel he is losing his form and suffers an injury, you will have an extra .3 or .5 M to spend which he earned for you. You can invest that and get someone else who you wanted in the first place but couldn't due to shortage of money. But you have to do read the situation, keep yourself updated with the players you have in your team and then sell/buy them as you like. You will have one free transfer every week, if you don't use your one transfer/week, the next week you will have 2 free transfer. But it will only add to two consecutive weeks, not more!

You need to asses the first few gameweeks, to see who is the team's main man. What are the manager's tactics and who is his favorite players and then slowly you form a core of your team. You cannot form a stable team now since you don't know who are the starter for their respective teams. Who is in form, who is not! Hence use those one free transfer you get, slowly you will get to have grip on your team. Hence, your team will be more effected if you stop making changes to your team. Look at the fixture list of the next week, find a player who you think will fetch points, get him. Now i don't mean you transfer out your main player(unless he is out of form or injured) but certain fringe players who will get you points. For example, 2 season back, Swansea were defensively solid and hence everyone had one of the defenders in their team because they were cheap. Similarly you can transfer certain players in from the likes of Fulham,Norwich, West ham if you are looking for defensive covergae because these teams will be good at the back(Again, an assumption, you never know who will turn out what). Chadli of Spurs is someone who may explode and score goals and assists. Hence you need to study the players and the team for the first few weeks and then slowly and steadily your team starts taking shape!! If you feel you are getting into a loop with your shit players, you can always play the WC but i advise you to use it at the very end. It gives a nitro boost if you use it , say in the 31st GW.

I would love to see your team and no, i will not copy it! :P

This is mine, though! Quite set.

0af4cd1a55fd0b5501181bc079b11e6c.png

1Nf5UMw.png

Here's mine at the moment. Been mixing things up way too much today, a while ago I still had Lambert, De Bruyne (DGW gamble) and Kolo Toure but now I've replaced them with Dzeko, Walcott and Terry.

My strikers give me a headache. As of now only Anelka is untouchable and maybe Lukaku for the DGW too but other than that I have no idea who to go with. Lambert, Giroud, Soldado and Dzeko have all been in my plans at some point but for the first gameweek I can pick only one of them and maybe get one to replace Lukaku from the GW2 onwards. At the moment I've got Lukaku and Dzeko who may both be good choices early on but a more permanent plan is needed. Anelka - Giroud - Lambert, maybe?

Snodgrass is brilliant. Loves a free kick

Yeah, one of the very few creative players in Norwich.

Will Mata play tomorrow? We play two games in the first week so I'm hoping he'll play at least one of the games.

He should start atleast one of them!!

1Nf5UMw.png

Here's mine at the moment. Been mixing things up way too much today, a while ago I still had Lambert, De Bruyne (DGW gamble) and Kolo Toure but now I've replaced them with Dzeko, Walcott and Terry.

My strikers give me a headache. As of now only Anelka is untouchable and maybe Lukaku for the DGW too but other than that I have no idea who to go with. Lambert, Giroud, Soldado and Dzeko have all been in my plans at some point but for the first gameweek I can pick only one of them and maybe get one to replace Lukaku from the GW2 onwards. At the moment I've got Lukaku and Dzeko who may both be good choices early on but a more permanent plan is needed. Anelka - Giroud - Lambert, maybe?

Looks a very good team TBH!!

I am hoping for Soldado to have a cracking debut(simply because he is in my team :P). Although lots of people have gone for Lambert but i think this will be a breakthrough year for Jay Rodriguez which might make Lambert playing time less!! We will just have to see what Soton manager does though!! First few weeks are just to align your team.

1Nf5UMw.png

I still think Lukaku is a gamble to have at this point in time, (I wouldn't choose any Chelsea striker currently as unsure of who will start every game). I have 2 stirkers in Benteke and Berbatov in my team which are guaranteed places and goals.

I've changed my team like a thousand times... while boyfriend was getting ready for dinner - and trust me he takes longer showering than I do, I've changed this thing a million times. Good thing I won't be able to change again.

I had Robin who will score me all the FW goals. Then I had Long - a so-so and Lambert that is decent. For 0.5 I've changed Long for KDB and instead of having a $4.5 dummy in the midfield, now I have a $4.5 dummy in the attack.

Until I come back home later today and spend the whole night changing this so I have a completely different team tomorrow, this is the team of the hour (or in my case of the minute, hahaha)

The dummy in the attack is so dummy that the moment I took the snapshot I haven't even picked him. It's probably going to be a nobody with more minutes than all the others 4.5 guys :P

fantasy-ideal.png

Foster

Zaba - Terry - Per

KDB - Eden - Michu - Theo

Robin - Dummy4.5 - Lambert

HA!