Marco van Ginkel

Spike

Some people are saying he is, some not. Can someone just definitvely tell me what type of player he is for god's sake!?

He's more of a creator, he needs a DM next to him. I've seen him played on the flanks before as well. Playing him as the DM would be suicidal. It's like playing Josh McEachran as your DM.

He wouldn't replace Mikel at all, he needs a player like Mikel next to him. He's a tall lad but that's it.

He's more of a creator, he needs a DM next to him. I've seen him played on the flanks before as well. Playing him as the DM would be suicidal. It's like playing Josh McEachran as your DM.

He wouldn't replace Mikel at all, he needs a player like Mikel next to him. He's a tall lad but that's it.

Yea ..

Couldn't he play next to Ramires though?

Yea ..

Couldn't he play next to Ramires though?

Well, he could, but that means deploying Ramires as your main DM, Ramires can do a decent job there but it is essentially the same problem we had this season - it takes away his best B2B assets.

Well, he could, but that means deploying Ramires as your main DM, Ramires can do a decent job there but it is essentially the same problem we had this season - it takes away his best B2B assets.

True...

So it seems more and more like we really do need to buy a good CDM.

True...

So it seems more and more like we really do need to buy a good CDM.

Yeah, Van Ginkel wouldn't solve our need for one. It's why I'd love De Rossi - he's pretty much perfect for this team and would allow us to press on with the potential need for a striker if Mourinho doesn't think Lukaku, Ba and Torres is enough.

Yeah, Van Ginkel wouldn't solve our need for one. It's why I'd love De Rossi - he's pretty much perfect for this team and would allow us to press on with the potential need for a striker if Mourinho doesn't think Lukaku, Ba and Torres is enough.

I hope we up our interest in de rossi after the confederations cup.

Awkward moment when someone doesn't realise that's where his future is at this club.

I think Oscar would be best as lone creator with two skilled wingers and striker. That is/was his role in brasil and he looked like their best player. In our team he mighr play dlp, but he just isnt best there when comes to his abilities.