Marco van Ginkel

Spike

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8778543/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

ManUtd seems to be interested as well.

He says he's open to leave but doesn't mention clubs - and says he's not aware of MU interest

I do not think ManU's interest is any kind of danger...Roman practically owns Vitesse. If we want him, we will get him.

I do not think ManU's interest is any kind of danger...Roman practically owns Vitesse. If we want him, we will get him.

I think I read somewhere Mourinho wanted him in the team.

Don't know him to be honest. But I trust Mourinho for sure.

the thing is we keep being linked to players I'm not sure we need.

The ones I think we need we aren't that much linked for real, just some rumor and rubbish the journos write

While we are in for this guy and he is gonna cost around £5-£7m, why not bid a bit more and get Strootman? Practically the same type of player but older and better.

And who says Strootman wants to even leave his club or even come to the EPL? What if we already inquired but PSV said they don't want to sell him for any price?

PSV want Bruma apparently and Bruma apparently wants PSV so we could perhaps strike a player plus cash deal with them. Tho due to our relationship with Vitesse getting Van Ginkel appears easier for us.

I'd be very happy with either one.both very good young Central Midfielders. Van Ginkel reminds me of Ballack when he plays for Vitesse.the way he drives forward on attacks..if he grows to become even 70% like our old German master I'd be delighted with him. Really miss being able to watch Ballack playing for us... :cry:

Is he good enough to slot right into the starting XI?

I've really liked him the couple of times I've seen him.

I think he can be a squad player, but not a starter just yet ..

What type of player is he? Anyone care to elaborate?

Well I've only seen like 2 games from him, but seems like he's sort of a 50-50 maybe ? Has good technique, pretty good passing, joins in well on the attack.

Haven't seen a massive amount of this guy and it's clear he's not the finished article, but he reminds me a fair bit of Ballack. Big frame but nicely composed, plays with his head up and has a nice touch. He seems like the type of player who can link the defence with the attack either with his passing or bringing the ball out himself and seems to have a nice timing when arriving in the box.

If we're going to get rid of Mikel then we'll need another body so loaning him out might not be necessary. Nice to see us continuing the policy of going after young guys with massive upside though, and using our links with foreign clubs to our benefit.

Does the club really mean it with all the talk about youngsters etc ? I am pleasantly surprised at Mourinho's comments about the youth but I am still reluctant to fully believe them.