Marco van Ginkel

Spike

Lol, who said that? Different type of players regardless.

Strootman has obviously moved up a level (or two) above MVG since his move to Roma, but in the eredivisie was there much between them? I heard from a few people that Van Ginkel was considered to be the bigger talent....

Strootman has obviously moved up a level (or two) above MVG since his move to Roma, but in the eredivisie was there much between them? I heard from a few people that Van Ginkel was considered to be the bigger talent....

I don't know, it's difficult to compare because they are different players (Strootman is a deep lying playmaker, MVG is an athletic b2b player) and Strootman is pretty much an elite player already. Strootman was already very established in the Eredivisie and his quality was obvious, whilst MVG has not reached his potential yet. Sure, one might be able to say that if MVG keeps progressing and sees off that horrendous injury he suffered last year, he might potentially become an excellent player because he has a very, very high ceiling (no real weakness in his game unlike Strootman who isn't as athletic) but Strootman is already at a very high level and will also only improve.

MVG is a very interesting player because he can be a complete midfielder if he continues to develop nicely but there are too many unknown variables in football for anyone to say he'll be better than Strootman. Especially since Strootman is already a top player, who has a whole NT built around him. We won't ever know in the near future IMO, it's like comparing a prime Pirlo with Vidal, different players + also the fact that they're at different stages of their development.

• 3 weeks later...

He's a good youngster but has done nothing remarkable apart from a few tackles. There are no glaring weaknesses in his game but he hasn't shown anything that could suggest he will be 'world class' either.

He will be a decent squad player (at best) in the years to come. Hope I eat my own words though

He's a very promising player and one that has a bright future with us imo. He's young (not eligible to be an U-21 though) and he already shows to be very good, needing only some polishing - which is normal and expected. A loan would mean he could get tons of match time and come next season as a real backup for Matic, but I'd still be very sad if he left.

But unlike said above, I don't see how a loan would destroy his career here, if anything he has everything to have a loan history and comeback as successful as Courtois given his quality.

He's a very promising player and one that has a bright future with us imo. He's young (not eligible to be an U-21 though) and he already shows to be very good, needing only some polishing - which is normal and expected. A loan would mean he could get tons of match time and come next season as a real backup for Matic, but I'd still be very sad if he left.

But unlike said above, I don't see how a loan would destroy his career here, if anything he has everything to have a loan history and comeback as successful as Courtois given his quality.

I have only analyzed our loan policy for our youngsters and concluded that 99.9999 % of them are not in CFC plans and have absolutely no future here after they are loaned, does that mean van Ginkel will for 100% end his CFC career if he goes out on loan ? No. ;)

There is no absolution in what I want to say, but if Mourinho sees him as a promising player why would he go ? If he is dumped to another club it means he isnt that important for Mourinho as he sees Ramires fitting perfectly in his role of backing Matic, if he stays then he'll have a lot to give for us this season, and does not need more time to learn in another club.

Na why would we loan him? We'd go back to being short in midfield in my eyes. Matic, Mikel, Ramires, Oscar and Cesc for potentially 3 places if we play 4-3-3. As well Ramires will be the only really box to box midfield player (even though you could say Cesc is one now but I'd say hes more an advanced midfield player) so if Ramires gets injured then what? Mikel and Matic in the pivot? Can't see Jose loaning him. Honestly selling Cech would make solve a lot of problems.

I have only analyzed our loan policy for our youngsters and concluded that 99.9999 % of them are not in CFC plans and have absolutely no future here after they are loaned, does that mean van Ginkel will for 100% end his CFC career if he goes out on loan ? No. ;)

There is no absolution in what I want to say, but if Mourinho sees him as a promising player why would he go ? If he is dumped to another club it means he isnt that important for Mourinho as he sees Ramires fitting perfectly in his role of backing Matic, if he stays then he'll have a lot to give for us this season, and does not need more time to learn in another club.

He has a higher ceiling than Mikel and Ramires put together. He's an amazing player already (to his age) and an excellent prospect. Not all our loaned players are doomed, only the ones that given the chance to continue their development somewhere else didn't show what it takes to be a Chelsea player because of their quality. If they show somewhere else to be good enough or nearly good enough to come back here, they will. I agree playing elsewhere and a different club (and many times different league) every season disrupts a bit their development, but he's already 21, will turn 22 later this year and it means he's going somewhere else just to get important minutes. I'd loan him to a good English side (he won't be able to play against us) if we're adamant on loaning. I'd rather keep him - but I'm not sure that's the best option for his future here.