Marco van Ginkel

Spike

Why do people here and the media keep using the phrase he is the next Lampard, or he will replace Lampard? He is here as Marc van Ginkel and will play as Marc van Ginkel.

No offense but...

re·place (ribreve.gif-plamacr.gifsprime.gif)

tr.v. re·placed, re·plac·ing, re·plac·es
1. To put back into a former position or place.
2. To take or fill the place of.
3. To be or provide a substitute for.
4. To pay back or return; refund.

No offense but...

re·place (ribreve.gif-plamacr.gifsprime.gif)

tr.v. re·placed, re·plac·ing, re·plac·es
1. To put back into a former position or place.
2. To take or fill the place of.
3. To be or provide a substitute for.
4. To pay back or return; refund.

So he is going to be a player who's main aim is to make late runs in the box to score goals? Because that is what is kind of being proposed when people say he there to directly replace a particular player.

So he is going to be a player who's main aim is to make late runs in the box to score goals? Because that is what is kind of being proposed when people say he there to directly replace a particular player.

He said he is a B2B player and he can score goals, so I think that is why all the people is saying he is Lamp's replacement. I may say that Lampard is Lampard and noone will score 200+ goals soon, but honestly they need to sell you the player. If they would say: MVG is shit and won't defend or score, you wouldn't want him here.

He said he is a B2B player and he can score goals, so I think that is why all the people is saying he is Lamp's replacement. I may say that Lampard is Lampard and noone will score 200+ goals soon, but honestly they need to sell you the player. If they would say: MVG is shit and won't defend or score, you wouldn't want him here.

But surely that would be putting unnecessary pressure and hype on him which could turn against him if he does not score a lot of goals.

But surely that would be putting unnecessary pressure and hype on him which could turn against him if he does not score a lot of goals.

I believe they already know that playing in Chelsea equals pressure but they need to start feeling the pain, don't they? Players like Schurrle, Romelu or even KDB will have loads of pressure to perform in the way that is expected from them.

I think this is a good way to pull apart the top players from the mediocre ones.

Anyone can summarize his characteristics? I haven't seen him play, so I'd welcome any info.

My understanding is that he is not the same player as KDB. So, KDB would be more of an AM then? While Van Ginkel a center mid?

Anyone can summarize his characteristics? I haven't seen him play, so I'd welcome any info.

My understanding is that he is not the same player as KDB. So, KDB would be more of an AM then? While Van Ginkel a center mid?

From what I have seen goig back and watching Vitesse matches from this season as well as U-21 Uefa Cup.. Technically strong good passer of the ball both short and long.. right footed but more than serviceable left foot for shooting and passing.. B2B mid who can read the game and tackle fairly well does commit some fouls with tackling though but timing is the issue there not rashness.. and can finish pretty well with both feet and head

Good interview just been on Talksport with a Dutch journalist and he was asked about Van Ginkel. Apparently Jose invited him to Cobham only a few weeks ago and showed him around. Van Ginkel said if I sign I want to go out on loan, Jose said no, and apparently said he had watched him in the Under 21 tournament and also told him that he had seen enough of him to know exactly why he would be giving him plenty of game time.

The reporter also spoke about how talented he was and how excited we should be at seeing this boy.