Marco van Ginkel

Spike

Im excited about this watched alot of him in the U-21 and he is so technically gifted in a team that featured kevin strootman he shined very brightly... Really do home he stays on in midfield but how come no decision on his number

Talented player, hopefully he fulfills his potential here. Also Overmars (Ajax sporting director), again has had something to say about him:

"Van Ginkel is a great young talent and we would have liked him to come to Ajax," Overmars told BBC Sport.

"Whether it is too early for him to go to Chelsea or not, I don't know. With us, he would have played a lot of games and played in the Champions League.

"We couldn't have a discussion with the player as Chelsea have a co-operation agreement with Vitesse and were first choice. The important thing for the player is that he gets minutes in the first team. Hopefully the deal goes well and he will get into the team."

Vitesse Arnhem has a special place in my heart. Hopefully Marco will be a great player for us. I haven't seen many of his games but he's considered a special talent in the Netherlands.

FIRST WORDS: MARCO VAN GINKEL

Marco van Ginkel completed his transfer from Vitesse Arnhem on Friday afternoon, and was quickly in to sit down with the official Chelsea website…

Marco, welcome to Chelsea. What are your first impressions?

Really good, I'm very happy to be here at such a nice club with great players. I am really happy, the stadium is good and the training ground is fantastic.

I know about all the players and will meet them on Monday. I expect a lot, I've watched matches and it's really nice to be here.

What can you tell fans about yourself?

I am a box-to-box player. I cover a lot of metres and can score a goal, but I also like to defend and think of myself as a real team player.

You had a fantastic season last year, winning an the Dutch Football Talent of the Year award…

Yes, I had a good season and won the award, which I am really proud of. We were fourth in the table, which for Vitesse is really good. It was a good season and I think that's why I am here. I wanted to make a step up and Chelsea was a good opportunity.

Have you spoken to Jose Mourinho?

I spoke with the manager and he had some good words for me. If a trainer like this says these things to you it makes you really proud and I am happy to work with him.

What are your personal targets this season?

I want to learn a lot, to develop myself. I want to play games and not only sit on the bench, that's what I hope for, to play in games at these great stadiums and hopefully be important for the team, whether it is from the bench or from the start.

You played alongside several Chelsea loanees at Vitesse…

Yes, I played with Patrick van Aanholt, Tomas Kalas and Gael Kakuta last season. They also helped me. I asked a lot of things about the club and they said that Chelsea is incredible. Now I am here I can see this. I think they will help when I train on Monday also.

How much do you look forward to that first day of pre-season training on Monday?

I look forward to it a lot. It's not scary, but I will be a little bit nervous maybe! Playing with players like Frank Lampard and John Terry will be a huge thing. I played three years at Vitesse, but the Premier League is very good, and I will enjoy playing with these players with this experience.

It marks the beginning of a very important season for you, which could culminate with the World Cup…

Yes, everybody wants to go there to Brazil. You have to play, that's what Louis van Gaal has said to players. I think I can play games and I think the Premier League is higher than the Dutch league, so you can learn more physically and technically, and develop. That's why I am here.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3229543/title/first-words-marco-van-ginkel

Well for his sake, let's hope he's able to push for a lot of game time cause I'd hate for him to loose out on a place for the world cup squad. Can't wait for the new season!!!! Another sexy beast for the pivot!! Now get De Rossi so he can teach this kid how to grow a beard!