Marco van Ginkel

Spike

then how can he be a bargain? Not being funny but if your unsure about his quality how can you assess his price tag as a bargain

he has potentital, but if he can reach and envolve is questionable. but IF he does it than he is a bargain. futhermore 8,5 millions are nothing in nowadays values. also he is only 20 years old, even if he flops, we can still sell him for 4,5 millions if not more and would nearly make no loss. so yeah in my opinion a bargain. and I think his wages arent too high too.

With all the players we've been linked with this past month, I genuinely think that this is the only player we've actually tried to sign. All the rest is BS rums iors.

It also fits nicely with Mourinho's words in the presser about not spending millions and millions on new players

Nice player and the modern 'pivot' player. Hard-working, has a good eye for a pass and also gets some goals.

To me, the era of the holding midfielder a la Makelele and even Deschamps is coming to an end and the DM has to be more like Martinez at Bayern - an all-action midfielder who doesn't just lay the ball off to a more attacking midfielder but is capable of bringing the ball out himself.

Fortunately we seem to have midfielders like that coming through in Chalobah, Ake and Loftus-Cheek whilst off the current crop, Ramires seems eminently capable and maybe even De Bruyne (although that is untested at this point). Van Ginkel could come in now and compete or spend a year out on loan but it's nice to see the club once again looking to be at the forefront of these new ideas.

I think a loan will make sense for him because we have ramires,lampard,mikel,romeu and potentially oscar for the pivot and we are likely to sign another CDM so a loan would be good for his progress and if he is ready after a year he can replace lampard.

If Mou starts the season trusting the likes of KDB, Van Ginkel, Lukaku and Kalas or any of our young players for that matter, I think people can stop saying that he is horrible with youth, because he clearly is not if you see what he has done in inter and their youth policy.

Im not saying he will start the season with these players but it is not out of the question like some suggested. "Mourinho hates youth, BLERRRGH!"

With all the players we've been linked with this past month, I genuinely think that this is the only player we've actually tried to sign. All the rest is BS rumors.

i think its pretty sure we are trying to sign Cavani, i dont think so many people in Italy are that wrong... but you might be right about the other players.

i think its pretty sure we are trying to sign Cavani, i dont think so many people in Italy are that wrong... but you might be right about the other players.

Like we wanted falcao hulk and so on! It does not mean anything that so many shit sources have said that we want him.. Justt sayin