Marco van Ginkel

Spike

Ajax (and when Ajax want to buy Dutch talent you know they're special)

Is this kid special then Leif?! I have no idea who he is and what he is capable of!

I've watched a lot of Vitesse matches all season, mainly to observe our three loanees and the kid is good. He's got that Lampard-esque feel about him, likes to make those late runs in the box. Worked well combining with Bony and should form a nice partnership in midfield. I can't see him being loaned out either, he can get into this squad straight away.

I don't think this guy would leave Vitesse to join Ajax. Vitesse pays the most salary in the Eredivisie and Ajax started a new policy, they won't offer players high wages and won't pay much for the transfer. That's the reason why Heerenveen's Narsingh joined PSV and not Ajax and that's why Assaidi joined Liverpool and not Ajax.

I've watched a lot of Vitesse matches all season, mainly to observe our three loanees and the kid is good. He's got that Lampard-esque feel about him, likes to make those late runs in the box. Worked well combining with Bony and should form a nice partnership in midfield. I can't see him being loaned out either, he can get into this squad straight away.

I would be surprised if he won't get loaned out. And i would be even more surprised if he can keep up with the Premier League players.

Oh yeah, of course there's always rumours regarding which clubs track which players and have genuine interest etc. which is most often rubbish, but I'm certain that the clubs which had/have concrete interest in him are:-

Chelsea

AC Milan (biggest interest I was aware of)

Manchester United (they seem torn between him and Strootman. I personally feel Strootman would be the better fit for them)

Arsenal last season before deciding to pursue M'Vila which they eventually pulled the plug on

Ajax (and when Ajax want to buy Dutch talent you know they're special)

Manchester United in4 a central midfield player? You know it's a rubbish source when you hear that :Goober:

They said good stuff like this about De Bruyne last summer.. we signed him up, and now he's out on loan! Now it seems like we might sell him!

I feel it could be the same for this guy if we sign him! Totally pointless if I'm honest!

As ridiculously stupid and annoying it may be selling De Bruyne, it hasn't been pointless. If we sell him for more than we paid making a profit from the whole thing then it hasn't been a pointless bit of business at all.

MVG is about 6'2. He looks like he can hold his own already and will get stronger as he progresses. Hell, even Loftus-Cheek at 17 was matching Toure for strength/power in the two friendlies.

Isnt he 5'11 (1,80)?

From what i have heard he will be a good signing for us, but what we must do is balance this out with some experience this summer. De Rossi and Di Maria would be the perfect examples.