Harry Potter Thread

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

probably the most over-rated series of all time.

no where near LOTR, a song of ice and fire, malazan, sword of truth and my personal favourite THE WHEEL OF TIME.

still cant believe why this thing is so liked. would rate it on the same level as the inheritance cycle.

no where near LOTR, a song of ice and fire, malazan, sword of truth and my personal favourite THE WHEEL OF TIME.

still cant believe why this thing is so liked. would rate it on the same level as the inheritance cycle.

Emma Watson alone makes it worth it. Come on man!

The older I get , the worse hp seems. Whereas I watched lotr this week , and it is still the best thing I've seen.

You're comparing adult series with a children series; lotr and a song of ice and fire anyway, never heard of the others you mentioned.

Harry Potter is so appealing because a lot of people basically grew up with it, and as a childrens books they are magnificent.

Hater. It's an amazing series just like LOTR and just as creative.

Emma Watson alone makes it worth it. Come on man!

Good man.

You're comparing adult series with a children series; lotr and a song of ice and fire anyway, never heard of the others you mentioned.

Harry Potter is so appealing because a lot of people basically grew up with it, and as a childrens books they are magnificent.

Pretty much. I remember reading them as they would come out and being so excited. Big part of my childhood, that.

This.

Totally agrre. I mean half of the time I remember, harry was in the great hall eating some thing or the other. It WAS a children's book and honestly, even the writing seemed weirdly childish.

Ps - I still can't believe people have not read WoT or malazan. If you enjoy reading, please read WoT. Its a 14 book series (last 3 written by sanderson). Its very descriptive but its wonderfully written.

At 11 or 12 when I started reading the HP books I really would not have been able to read the LOTR series. In fact, and even though I love the movies and the story as whole, I still wouldn't read the books. I tried reading them once, found the style tedious and boring, while I can probably still pickup a HP book and read for a couple of hours and enjoy it immensely, partly because of the childhood memories it brings up, but also partly because they are written in a very fun way.

This.

Totally agrre. I mean half of the time I remember, harry was in the great hall eating some thing or the other. It WAS a children's book and honestly, even the writing seemed weirdly childish.

Ps - I still can't believe people have not read WoT or malazan. If you enjoy reading, please read WoT. Its a 14 book series (last 3 written by sanderson). Its very descriptive but its wonderfully written.

Wot? A lil less cryptical .... Ow yes, this comes from a fantasy fan. Get your head out nerdfag

27c0a5c6f40c00cb127ff13ebde26785.jpg