John Ruddy

James

To be honest, I'm resigned to such ridiculous decisions from the club now. Ruddy has to understand that this is basically career suicide in terms of his chances of being in the World Cup party come 2014. That's on him. As for the £10million+ we're spending, well it's stupid, but it's now expected.. The only silver lining is his wages won't be within the "top-earners" bracket by any means.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cech is number 1. Season after Cech will still be number 1 with Courtois getting experience here as his number 2. Season after Courtois will be number 1 so maybe Cech will go. We're only looking for back up. You don't spend £10m on back up!

Courtois has made his name as one of the best keepers in Europe, he won't come back to here to make appearances here and there, when he comes back it will be to replace Cech not deputize for him.

Courtois has made his name as one of the best keepers in Europe, he won't come back to here to make appearances here and there, when he comes back it will be to replace Cech not deputize for him.

For 1 season i believe he will be our number 2 just to get used to English football.

For 1 season i believe he will be our number 2 just to get used to English football.

How can he get used to English football by being our number 2? Sporadic appearances won't make that happen. He has to be thrown in at the deep end and he's certainly good enough to hold himself down.

Mark Schwarzer's available on a free.

Looks like Chelsea listened to me, called this over a month ago!

I bet they're absolutely kicking themselves they turned down £7,000,000 for him. FUCKING LOOOOL

• 1 year later...

Apologise if there's already a topic, but im on my phone so can't use the search feature.

If Cech leaves, should we go back in for this guy? Im sure we can negotiate down from what Norwich were demanding last summer and if we sign him it means we won't need to register Schwarzer, also meaning any Cech departure would clear a foreign spot.

Now I like Schwarzer but I think he would struggle in long run of games, like Freidel which is why Spurs went to bring Vorm in. Also with Arse signing Ospina and City signing Cabwhatits face, high quality back ups are starting to appear at every club. Even Swansea have Tremmel. Would be worth keeping Mark tho mind, as if we lost 2 keepers im sure we could draft him into the list.

It would also be the first baby step into sorting our HG list out, and im not just talking about the required quota.

About 3 to 4 million would be a fair price for John.

If we are going to sign a HG keeper for 2nd choice, I would like Kasper Schmeichel. And before anyone thinks that's just because of his performance today, just no. He was available on a free this summer and we could've signed him instead of getting Mark on another year deal.... However, if Leicester now want a ridiculous fee then I agree Ruddy would be a pretty good 2nd choice keeper to have. Butland, Krul and Begovic are all also top quality and HG and should be kept an eye on. But if none are available for the cheap(ish) fee that Ruddy would probably be available for then i'd be all for it.

All of this is assuming Cech leaves, so this summer if he does now or next summer if he leaves then.

EDIT: N.B: Begovic only has 2 years left on his contract. If he hasn't signed a new one by next summer we could maybe get him on the cheap too?

Eh, what's wrong with Schwarzer?

Okay I do get this need for more HG players but signing someone to come into an area where we're already strong doesn't make sense. Even is Cech leaves, Schwarzer proved he's more than capable of being a back-up GK anyway. We've also got Jamal Blackman, who's by no means piss poor at all.

If we're going to be selling/bringing in players to satisfy our HG quota there's other players that makes more sense. For example, Mikel is one who could go with Matic, Ramires, Fabregas et al being suited for the central position.

We don't need Ruddy nor does Ruddy need us.

Eh, what's wrong with Schwarzer?

Okay I do get this need for more HG players but signing someone to come into an area where we're already strong doesn't make sense. Even is Cech leaves, Schwarzer proved he's more than capable of being a back-up GK anyway. We've also got Jamal Blackman, who's by no means piss poor at all.

If we're going to be selling/bringing in players to satisfy our HG quota there's other players that makes more sense. For example, Mikel is one who could go with Matic, Ramires, Fabregas et al being suited for the central position.

We don't need Ruddy nor does Ruddy need us.

Preach.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You