André Schürrle

BlueLion.

come on, guys, cut him some slack

He had a somewhat serious illness that prevented him from playing and training properly.

He's getting on his feet. He's always been an useful player for us and he'll continue to be. He just needs time to find his best form again. I can see progress compared to the last COC match. He isn't as selfish as people are making him out to be... he looked for his teammates on many occasions tonight, and he went for his shots as he should in others. Nothing wrong there. I think he isn't on great form yet but it's understandable given what he's been through health wise

We both love Andre. But you cut him more slack than any other player.[emoji14]

I really don't recall him being this selfish last season. I wish he would be more team oriented but as long as he scores it doesn't matter so much

I think that's because he hardly ever plays so when he gets a chance he tries to prove his class. Remy is selfish too, so is Salah. Benchwarmers try to impress hard.

I just can't trust him to start games, especially away from home at this moment in time. You never know what to expect from Andre and that's what worries me the most about him.

True, I thought this year his decision making would improve, but I haven't seen anything new on that regard. He seems to think that only goals impress, when sometimes a simple pass would suffice... Classical case of trying too hard, I guess.

The only game I remember being really frustrated by his decision making this season was Bolton. Yesterday was completely natural for a fringe player who's desperate to show more of himself so I don't get the overreaction.

Schurrle has his place in the squad: he provides depth and he scores easily. That's a trait worth having.

Other than that, he has the most awful style I've ever seen, which for me is hard to live with. Everything he does looks ugly, even plain running. Thus: if we can replace him with someone who offers the same (good runs down the channels and goal-scoring) but with a bit more flair and easier on the eye, I wouldn't hesitate.

I'm shallow like that.

At least JT and Matic celebrate with him.

B5BPqXHCIAIABw_.png

Drogs and Cesc where visibly mad at him during certain stages of the game. I get that a bench player plays more selfish, but his contribution to our overall game is really bad. Looks clumsy all the time, and is not suited for the one-touch attacking game in the final third. Hope he improves, but i rather see him gone at the end of the season so we can bring in fresh blood.

I honestly don't think he's selfish. He just suffers from serious tunnel vision when in and around the box. And he loves to shoot, that's always been his game. Whereas with Hazard and Willian, you wonder why they don't take a shot multiple times during a game.

Obviously something he really needs to work on. Become a superstar first before you start going for goal at every opportunity.

Someone made a point of him trying to impress the boss, that definitely plays a huge part too.

We both love Andre. But you cut him more slack than any other player.[emoji14]

But people say I'm Oscar's worshiper, Cesc's little bitch... I can't be André's mother bear. I'm getting confused and developing splitting personality [emoji12] [emoji43] [emoji85] [emoji86] [emoji87]

But people say I'm Oscar's worshiper, Cesc's little bitch... I can't be André's mother bear. I'm getting confused and developing splitting personality [emoji12] [emoji43] [emoji85] [emoji86] [emoji87]

Lol they're your 3 boys, you defend them a lot. But Andre is very frustrating . Haha, try not to go crazy[emoji12]

The thing about him is that if he gets the ball,he will just look at the ball and shoot it.He focuses on the ball and that´s it.He does not look around to see,if one player is in a better position or not and that is what makes Schurrle sometimes a very frustrating player to watch.

I honestly don't think he's selfish. He just suffers from serious tunnel vision when in and around the box. And he loves to shoot, that's always been his game. Whereas with Hazard and Willian, you wonder why they don't take a shot multiple times during a game.

Obviously something he really needs to work on. Become a superstar first before you start going for goal at every opportunity.

Someone made a point of him trying to impress the boss, that definitely plays a huge part too.

Yeah, I don't think sets out to be selfish. I think Schurrle is a limited, almost one-dimensional footballer; he's not really going to help link play, play passes in the build-up and create for others (he lacks the fundamental ability to do these things, imo). And to make matters worse, he's competing for minutes which makes him even more desperate than normal - and I think he has frustrated some of his teammates a great deal this season (Costa in particular has given him the look quite a few times already :lol: ).

I don't think he will get much better to be honest; he's a decent enough player but I doubt there's much scope for improvement. He is what he is.

Yeah, I don't think sets out to be selfish. I think Schurrle is a limited, almost one-dimensional footballer; he's not really going to help link play, play passes in the build-up and create for others (he lacks the fundamental ability to do these things, imo). And to make matters worse, he's competing for minutes which makes him even more desperate than normal - and I think he has frustrated some of his teammates a great deal this season (Costa in particular has given him the look quite a few times already :lol: ).

I don't think he will get much better to be honest; he's a decent enough player but I doubt there's much scope for improvement. He is what he is.

He's never going to be a well-rounded player, a world-class player, but at 24, I do think he can improve quite a bit. Especially since he seems to have the right attitude, willing to learn. His decision-making should improve as he ages (form also plays a huge role in this, when you're always playing and doing well, it all becomes easier), his shooting can become a real weapon and his movement and goal-scoring sense is another area in which he can really grow. I honestly think he has it in him to score 20 goals in a season. He doesn't have to play well to get a goal, that's the mark of a real goal-scorer. Though he'll always have those weaknesses, which will always be frustrating. But scoring goals makes you valuable.

But in order to improve, he'll have to claim a starting spot. And he seems to have enough trouble doing that. And while I say I think he can become valuable, whether he actually will improve.. I don't know. In these kind of cases, you can go down the Lampard road (just an example) or you can go down the Mikel road.