André Schürrle

BlueLion.

Chelsea is built for hazard moreso than anyone else on the squad....

maybe, not to the extent of madrid and cr7 or messi and barcelona, but still.

Can't agree at all with this for many reasons. First Hazard doesn't have complete freedom. He has defensive duties a player whose team is built around him doesn't (e.g. Mata under Benitez). He doesn't receive the ball enough for a player that has the team built around him. He doesn't impact directly too many matches. He was our star, I don't believe form and result wise he's been our most important player so far, but he's definitely among the three. Those are clear evidences imo the team isn't built for him at all. Maybe in the future, but I don't see it changing any time soon. Definitely not thus season.

Chelsea is built for hazard moreso than anyone else on the squad....

maybe, not to the extent of madrid and cr7 or messi and barcelona, but still.

I agree somewhat, and especially last year. There was a strange relationship between reliance and being built for him last year. But there was no doubt the team was setup to basically give the ball to hazard and win the game.

This year it has defiantly changed but it's hard to distinguish when the players obviously see him as the most dangerous player

• 2 weeks later...

Jose Mourinho revealed that Andre Schurrle has been struggling with an illness in recent weeks.

Marco is his best friend... he would know straight from the source if there was any real interest. And if there was, I think he'd be supportive of his best friend coming to play in the same team as him, not threatened by it. I don't see André being dismissed by Chelsea any time soon.

We needed width and runners behind the defense today. We needed Schurrle. Don't know why it took till the 83rd minute to bring him on. Either bring him on with at least a good 15 minutes or don't bring him in at all!

• 2 weeks later...

Jose said after the game what we all already could feel. Andre hasn't been fully fit for sometime and that he's just now starting to regain full fitness. Great time for him to get back in form as we'll no doubt need him in the next few weeks.

It looks like whatever illness he had was very serious....

“I don’t want to say what the medical name for the illness was but the symptoms are hard to get over. While they may have gone away, it took a toll on my body and it takes lot of time to get back to match fitness.

“The first weeks of the season with Chelsea were actually very good, very positive. I scored against Burnley and the following games were good, too. But then my body just shut down a little bit, because I was tired and maybe a little bit in my head and mind as well. I was doing all the training and travelling and it was not easy.

“I did not feel really well. On the pitch I tried to work harder but I needed more time. For the last couple of weeks, I have been training very hard and trying to get back my fitness.

“I’m not where I want to be but I feel better and you could see that I was very motivated last night.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelseas-andre-schurrle-looks-in-rude-health-after-battling-back-from-his-mystery-illness-9917137.html

Hopefully he's seen the back of it. He's such a huge asset to the team, doubt we would have dropped points against Sunderland and Newcastle with an in-form Schurrle.

If this is true, it could be mononucleosis. Its very often that athletes don't even notice symptoms because of their strong immunity.

And then illness lasts longer because it was not treated when needed and then body and immune system suffer.

It happened to my younger brother who is in Croatian karate national team. He was out of competition for whole year two years ago.

If this is true, it could be mononucleosis. Its very often that athletes don't even notice symptoms because of their strong immunity.

And then illness lasts longer because it was not treated when needed and then body and immune system suffer.

It happened to my younger brother who is in Croatian karate national team. He was out of competition for whole year two years ago.

and also because they associate mono with kissing and sleeping around, lol, so that's probably why he doesn't want to say what that was... unless he got it from Montana.

I'm for real, some people hide this specific disease because of the ways it's passed along.