👕 Chelsea Kits Thread

I disagree, its apples and oranges.

With football shirts, they can afford to use a "throwback look."

That was actually the most unpopular badge in Chelsea history.

1986-2005

Chelsea badge 1986-2005.png

A radical re-design of the club badge was instigated in 1986, under then-chairman Ken Bates, with a more realistic image of a lion replacing the lion rampant, along with the club's intials. Despite remaining in use for almost 20 years, the badge was unpopular with many fans, and following sustained requests for a change ahead of the club's centenary year it was replaced with a more traditional badge under new owner Roman Abramovich.

^ Chelsea did the market research before deciding what the fans wanted. If we we're gonna go for the 'throwback look' then you use the 1950's badge which is similar in style...

Chelsea_badge_53-86.jpg

The yellow kit doesn't look as good in person as it does in all the shiny promos. It's too bright a shade, I wish it was like the gold we had in 2008/09. Not bad though, its an 8/10 effort. The design is great, it's just the colourway - too bright. And the blue highlight/trim is almost neon. A real shame, it could have been a classic kit.

Can't see myself buying any of the kits this season, the three we had last year shit on them. The best of the four is the keeper kit, but even that is ruined by the Spiderman webbing on the chest.

Just goes to prove we shouldn't put too much stock in the shirts before we see the kits in person. Have to say our third kit is the best-looking of the three so far.

This.

I picked up this bad boy; http://www.soccer.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Ne=0&N=4294959212&Product_Id=11948242

One of our best away kits in recent memory.

Yeah, I got a LS Hazard of that away kit. I agree. One of the best and classiest in years. I ended up picking up a SS navy blue training one too. Just love those stripes across the chest.

I got the Home and Away (Yellow) last week and love them to bits. I also got last season's white away shirt for £7.50 on ebay. The white is the best white shirt we've had with adidas by a mile. Don't need to get many more away's now but i'll always get the new home. This home is the best yet imo. I say it every year but they do genuinely get better every year.

Finally got my shirt. Had to wait ages for them to come into a high street store (apart from the megastore). Still not entirely sure if the away is even in Sports Direct yet? I wouldn't buy the yellow one for me to wear but on the pitch it looks great, reminds me of the Ballack days.

I got the Home and Away (Yellow) last week and love them to bits. I also got last season's white away shirt for £7.50 on ebay. The white is the best white shirt we've had with adidas by a mile. Don't need to get many more away's now but i'll always get the new home. This home is the best yet imo. I say it every year but they do genuinely get better every year.

Agree with you regarding last season's white kit. It was beautiful.