👕 Chelsea Kits Thread

Well since their deal with Liverpool ended we are now by some distance adidas' biggest contract in England so I guess they are more likely to push the boat out with us now.

When does our contract with adidas expire? Hopefully not soon, I much prefer them to Nike, and there is no way we're going back to Umbro as it's being phased out slowly and incorporated by Nike.

Well since their deal with Liverpool ended we are now by some distance adidas' biggest contract in England so I guess they are more likely to push the boat out with us now.

This is my fear. I mean it's a very unusual marketing campaign they've embarked on this time :-\

I think some people are expecting an awesome or exciting new kit because of the promotional material. But they are missing the fact that since they lost Liverpool to that weird american brand, Chelsea is the only brand they have in PL that sell million kits around the world.

The team is having an average season, and playing UCL next is far from being a done deal, the biggest stars are gone (Ballack, Didier, Shevchenko, all belong to the past), Lampard will leave in summer, Terry became a squad player and Torres is a huge flop, Mata might be one of the best players in the world, but he is not one of the most marketable athletes, and there is a long way until him, Oscar or Hazard start to sell shirts around the world.

And after the current kit, any kit in the world would be received with indifference.

I think some people are expecting an awesome or exciting new kit because of the promotional material. But they are missing the fact that since they lost Liverpool to that weird american brand, Chelsea is the only brand they have in PL that sell million kits around the world.

The team is having an average season, and playing UCL next is far from being a done deal, the biggest stars are gone (Ballack, Didier, Shevchenko, all belong to the past), Lampard will leave in summer, Terry became a squad player and Torres is a huge flop, Mata might be one of the best players in the world, but he is not one of the most marketable athletes, and there is a long way until him, Oscar or Hazard start to sell shirts around the world.

And after the current kit, any kit in the world would be received with indifference.

so what your thinking here is that because we've had a mediocre season adidas have decided to withhold the best kits from us and instead give us a lower end quality, stoke esq kit and that is why they are not showing the kit? How spiteful they are ?!?

I think THIS is gonna be our new kit. The shirt is from a thai friend of mine. He's selling replica's and always have the latest updates/shirts. Shirts like Barça, L'vpool and Real Madrid are always the right one, with the new season.

2myyt8n.png

1. It's horrible

It's clearly a mix between our 08/09 (yellow piping), 09/10 (straight shoulders and rounded collar) and 11/12 (two-tone blue) kits - if adidas are they devoid of ideas for kits that they have to revert to stealing from outdated ideas then we should sever all ties with them immediately.

Adidas have as good as confirmed that this isn't the kit.

It's not horrible.

About the combination i'll agree with you, the stripes on the middle, the yellow. It's all from previous years yes.

But okay, we'll see.

It might look better on... But on the ground it just looks like someone has just gone crazy on last year's shirt. I am pretty sure that's not it... It also wouldn't fit into the "it's blue what else matters" slogan.

I'm expecting a very plain, blue shirt. Hopefully it looks good, because this kit has been great.

1. It's horrible
  2. It's clearly a mix between our 08/09 (yellow piping), 09/10 (straight shoulders and rounded collar) and 11/12 (two-tone blue) kits - if adidas are they devoid of ideas for kits that they have to revert to stealing from outdated ideas then we should sever all ties with them immediately.
  3. Adidas have as good as confirmed that this isn't the kit.

4. Its a 2 year old teamwear template

DerbyCounty.jpg

5941245760_c29ccfe321_b.jpg

I think THIS is gonna be our new kit. The shirt is from a thai friend of mine. He's selling replica's and always have the latest updates/shirts. Shirts like Barça, L'vpool and Real Madrid are always the right one, with the new season.

2myyt8n.png

Yeah will say it looks like a few of last seasons shirts combined into one, I wont say it's ugly though, but think the stripes should be longer

of course it's likely a fake though

This in blue and I'll be more than happy...

BayernMunichHome.jpg

Pretty neat, feels quite 90's with the bit of the club badge on the shirt along too with some of the collar and sleeve things :), but good job for maybe giving a old idea a freshen up rather than making a shirt look like from 1932 which as i say always is kinda best kept in history