👕 Chelsea Kits Thread

tumblr_mi6wkxNHxc1qgi4wvo1_500.jpg

I don't want to incite the history lessons regarding this club wearing red. We have red in the badge ffs.

I still maintain that after this season's blue-and-gold beauty (which is the best football kit I have EVER seen from adidas), the 10/11 home shirt with the red collar is the next-nicest home kit adidas have done for us. The 06/08 original shirt was nice as well, but it lacks the elegance of these later shirts. The 08/09 home was ruined by the awful collar; the 09/10 full kit looked beautiful but the shirt alone looks ridiculous (and I don't understand why adidas felt the need to install a mesh bra into the chest...); and the 11/12 shirt could have been beautiful before it was (in my view) ruined by the two-toned striped blue. That was adidas trying to be TOO original; the white shoulders and hips with the blue trim was revolutionary enough.

Yes we want individual and original aspects to our shirts, but adidas are sometimes guilty of losing the plot. It seems to be a case of a beautiful kit one season followed by a "meh" design soon after.

Rumoured third kit

(Looks more like a training shirt to me):

HOWEVER it is the same template as RMCF's away;

Would Adidas use the same form factor for both their best selling clubs?