👕 Chelsea Kits Thread

Soooo....... Hang on a minute. If this is the picture made up of what was it.... 'some 14 year old kit making a mockup and everyone believing it' and then suddenly it's right here in the material, bang on! Then are these away kits true? I mean the home is awesome imo but those away kits are shockingly disgracefully awful.

1213.jpgx2_b03ccf4.jpg424864_363738930317225_120835464607574_1292371_808623132_n.jpg

I can understand thinking a mock up is fake but that is quite clearly a real picture of a shirt is it not? I don't know how this can possibly be fake, even the badge and the adidas logo look correctly positioned and size.

^

That site also put up the edited Mexico shirt last year. I have it from a very good source that this is not the new kit and the catalouge has 'reflex gold' as one of the colours.

What reason do you have to doubt middleoftheshed? I trust him/his source.

well, it's the best fake picture ever then. Blue & Gold isn't Chelsea in my eyes though. We have the worst season ever, get shoved into the Europa league and we're gonna have a gold kit. Ok lads, carry on.

I don't think the gold is symbolic of anything, you're reading too much into it. It's a nice change to see a 'royal' shade of blue and the gold is something different. Adidas used the 'red/pensioners/history' marketing ploy very recently (10/11 kit) as a way of changing the kit, and I don't see red being used again so soon after.

Oh, and we can still very well get 4th place, keep the faith.

A reliable blog? and do you have a link to the blog? I fancy a good read :D

http://todosobrecamisetas.blogspot.com/2012/02/chelsea-adidas-home-kit-20122013-leaked.html

http://todosobrecamisetas.blogspot.com/2012/02/fake-adidas-chelsea-home-kit-1213.html

The first link is about the gold one, and its only a sample, but according to them its gonna look like this.

The second link is about the fake.

We had red throughout the 80's and up to the mid 90's. The red, white and blue looks really good together imo and is Chelsea to me.

Yes, but it's not associated with the club in the 00's to the same extent. That's why Adidas used red in the 10-11 kit, to capitalise on the sense of history (think of the cutout artwork of pensioners etc, and the 'Made from Chelsea' slogan). It was something different which had very clear marketing potential. It was a 'gimmick' for one season in my opinion. The gold could have a marketing reference to royalty/the kings road, who knows. I just don't see the red making a comeback this season.