The Last Of Us (PS3)

Billy.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really, i can afford it if i want to (student finance is awesome :D). But i just bought the PS4, preordering some games for it as well, so i am trying not to spend too much at once, and whilst i am not as excited about it to "Need it", i figure i may as well wait a bit.

Your lucky man. Cause between the PS4, watchdogs, GTA V, Fifa 14, 2k14, our school trip next June to Europe (which will cost $4,000),and then needing to save up for a car (not a new one but some peace of junk) for when i turn 17 in January.... I really need to start working again and making some quick cash. Damn man, priorities. hahaha :fainthv9:

Your lucky man. Cause between the PS4, watchdogs, GTA V, Fifa 14, 2k14, our school trip next June to Europe (which will cost $4,000),and then needing to save up for a car (not a new one but some peace of junk) for when i turn 17 in January.... I really need to start working again and making some quick cash. Damn man, priorities. hahaha :fainthv9:

Fair enough. I will probably have to start saving for real life things soon. I haven't driven a car since I passed my test nearly 2 years ago.

Looks like i may need to get this... i haven't actually bought Uncharted 3 yet :lol:

Absolute Blasphemy! All 3 Uncharted's must be owned!

Anyways, counting down the days. 3 more days until I get this and Bioshock Infinite. The two best games of the year back to back...Ohhh yeeaahhh.

Dont open if not finished

not for me i did find at times the game just repeated its self
Really? That happened to me exactly at Uncharted 2/3 and not at The Last Of Us! :lol:

At the Uncharted series, there is that feeling of Indiana Jones, where you know that whatever happens, the good guys will survive and the bad guys will die. However, the very dark feeling of TLOU makes things very unpredictable, which keeps you tense and focused on the storyline (plus Joel and Ellie interactions are fucking amazing, hilarious).

Focusing solely on gameplay, one can make a case about Uncharted 2 being more fun. But overall, there is no way it is better than The Last Of Us! (IMO)

Just finished it. In-fucking-credible game. The Citizen Kane of video games is a fair description. One of the best ever made. I'm torn whether to call this better than Uncharted 2. I mean, story wise, of course. The world Naughty Dog have created is ridiculously immersive.

I still prefer Uncharted 2 (By the thinnest of whiskers) but that may just be my inner Uncharted Fan boy talking. Uncharted was a better ride and the immense fun it gives you is unparalleled. Naughty Dog are just gods. This is by far the best game of the year.

It is just about a Masterpiece. Naughty Dog have shown us how a game can be a piece of artwork. If God made a perect hybrid of Uncharted and The Walking Dead this would be it!

Really? That happened to me exactly at Uncharted 2/3 and not at The Last Of Us! :lol:

At the Uncharted series, there is that feeling of Indiana Jones, where you know that whatever happens, the good guys will survive and the bad guys will die. However, the very dark feeling of TLOU makes things very unpredictable, which keeps you tense and focused on the storyline (plus Joel and Ellie interactions are fucking amazing, hilarious).

Focusing solely on gameplay, one can make a case about Uncharted 2 being more fun. But overall, there is no way it is better than The Last Of Us! (IMO)

I think we have been down this road before lol

Dont get me wrong TLOU is fucking amazing loved every second of it the story had me hooked, but i just still prefer uncharted 2. i mean yes it had elements of it repeating itself but I just felt that TLOU stood out more, at least with UC2 it varied a little bit.

Again with you 100% on the banter but Uncharted's banter made me laugh more. In the last of us Ellie bought some like into the game witch i thought was a great touch.

But at the end of the day for me Naughty Dog is now my top game creator they have mad, Crash Bandicoot still my all time fav games, Jak and dexter, Uncharted, The Last Of Us. Sorry Rockstar but your now number 2

to finish The Last Of Us is the 2nd best game I have played on the PS3

Picking Uncharted 2 or The Last of Us (TLOU) as the best game of the generation is not clear cut. It's not black or white or one or the other.

The Last of Us has a more emotive and gripping story. This story is also fairly original in the sense they took a genre that's been done and made it inconceivably better. No cliches here. it's super gritty and dark, masterfully written. Obviously its story is its biggest strength and what it will, more than anything, be remembered for. The world is perhaps the most immersive one ever created. Beautiful from top to toe. Characters are well written, voice acting is very good and the graphics are incredible. A balanced combat system with wonderfully integrated stealth (i.e the Clickers). The lack of Ammo makes for an interesting approach to beating your enemies. Real time Crafting is also a good move.

However this is the same for Uncharted 2 if not better. Uncharted 2 will be remembered for utterly destroying its competition in the graphics and motion capture department. The world of Uncharted was gorgeous. The Characters are slightly better written as is the dialogue. The cut scenes set a new benchmark for cinematic spectacles. The gameplay and combat was supremely polished, smooth and fun also. To this day 99% of games cannot achieve what Uncharted 2 did.

Taking everything into consideration and putting aside whatever preference I have, from a neutral point of view The Last of Us is the slightly better game. Both are Masterpieces though and nothing on Xbox even comes close.

I'd like to see what Naughty Dog can do with Uncharted 4 now :D