Playstation 4 Or Xbox One

Beepu

Playstation 4 or Xbox One  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Which console will you get?

C) Wii U. Because they're the most geared towards actual gaming. Also, they have Mario, Zelda, Pokemon and Sonic.

For the more casual gamer it is sufficient, but I've tried it out at a friends house and imo Nintendo will be shitting the bed once the PS4/Xbox One is released. For $400 I'd be expecting a system that is at least on par with the 360 (specs wise). I can see Nintendo following the steps of Sega and die out but I hope they surprise me with something at E3 because I do enjoy playing some of their exclusives.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinect and the Move are irrelevant for me. There are no great Kinect or great Move games out there.

The new Dualshock looks interesting though. I think it'll be on par with the new Xbox One controller.

I'm very sure PSN will gain ground on Xbox Live in the next couple of years as well since they have added features like streaming your games or taking over from someone's PS4 to do a mission or whatever for them in your own homely comfort.

MS's presentation for the Xbox One really bored me whereas Sony's one really excited a lot of people.

I think as it stands, PS4 has the upper hand. E3 will be interesting.

I pretty much think they have just shown the xbox that early because sony did and they had to, and game streaming isn't that great, think about living in an little village somewhere in nowhere, what then? you will need broadband internet to stream that quality high end games, me thinks...

I wasn't excited by sonys presentation because they're making that social media things, send you're vids comments etc. I'm not a big fan of social media, but I'm pretty sure xobx one will have the same things there as PS4, MS as a company is moveing in that direction for Companys too, connecting ppl on all Fronts via networks:

Skype (Chat, LiveMessenger, Videoconferences)

Lynks

Sharepoints

SkyDrive

Like I've said, the focus will be on connecting ppl and MS wanted to show "other" things, they will be able to do the same things, and like said, they showed the presentation just because they had to, to react on SONYS early presentation...

- there are many factors, exclusive games, your social environment (where do your friends play at), exclusive games, graphics of the games (which was really weired because the xboxdevelopers got more out of the graphics for many many years although the PS3 had more power in theory, but this doesn't count, optimized code runs better and nicer then code that is too complex to implement, what was the case with PS3 the xbox360 had slightly worse specs technical wise but got the better graphics mostly... ) the xbox360 had that price of 399 while the playstation 3 did cost about 499 at the beginning or 599 don't know exactly so they screwed it there from SONYS view, lets sum it up, yes you know the specs but:

- which games will be there

- whom delivers the better graphics

- which price

- where do your friends choose to go to

- no it depends what kind of fan boy you are with most ppl, because (although the blue ray was a huge plus) PS3 wasn't even close to the Xbox360 when you compared price and delivered product, they where close to each other and the xbox360 had better graphics most times but for that price there should have been a clear shift to xbox360 from the gameing fans, but you still got enough PS3 sales, so there is no foundation on choosing in an rational way right now, yes you've heard the specs and som feats plus what? right, nothing, a little demo of what xbox one can do ELSE then gameing and some gameing previews for the new engine on PS4 and? thats not enough to decide, you don't even know wht the Xbox one will do for gameing do you? they just said, we want an great all round expirience

- Xbox 360 was better graphicswise and that PS-Move is shitty compared to Kinect where you actually don't need any trigger at all you just use you're body, and the voice commands in Xbox360 are sublime, so that one implemented in Xbox One should be perfect for you're need to command without controller. The Trigger is 100 times better, better grip, better haptcs better useability of the joysticks everything is placed on ergonomical right places. The Kinect is a huge plus to PS-Move, that new beamer that is developed whom enlarges you're screen via Kinect and then just makes you're whole living room like bein in the game and so on... don#t get me wrong PS3 is great but there are aspects where the Xbox clearly gets the nod...

-

To be honest, i dont play that much games. Only Call of duty, Fifa, Assassins creed, exclusive games wont have so much affect on me. So the selling point for me would only be graphics and price, i dont really care for kinect.

Im a mild gamer so to be honest im way over my head on these kind of talks.......

You raise some good points though.

This is what the skipper wrote earlier

"We purposefully did not target the highest end graphics. We targeted it more as a broad entertainment play." - Microsoft.

So can we assume that their graphics would not be the best?

PCs aren't comparable with the new gen consoles at all because you won't get a PC that gives you what the new gen consoles will at the same price.

There's no way you'd get a gaming PC that packs what the Xbox One or PS4 does for the same price (rumoured to be around £300).

Yeah. But I don't prefer dishing out money for a gaming console. Would rather settle for a beast PC

1. thats what most ppl say when they're playn regularly with the dual shock, bot one whom has shifted to the xbox controller won't miss it just try it for some time, you will see, there is a reason why there are PS3-Controllers in the style of Xbox360 triggers and they're sold quite well

2. Yeah right so its not possible to you to pay 30 Euros a Year for Xbox Live, this sums up to 2,50 a Month, which comes to 0,08333period Cents at a day, I have no money at all, I'M a student have a wife and a child, so there is no excuse for that amount of money, its like with pralines, there was a nice study on it, if the better choclate costs 1 cent and you place the worse one next to it for free, ppl will choose the free one. They're pretty same thats right but the price for me is no argument...

That one hurts the old English skills.

It's my preference to like the PS3 Dualshock...I have an Xbox-360 controller for my PC and I use it as constantly as my Dualshock...okay?

Haha, 30 Euros a year. Try about 70 Euros a year. And where did I say that it's not possible for me to pay it?

Besides the Xbox exclusives don't interest me in the slightest. Sony was far more games that interest me.

Why are you even arguing? Oh my god, is my opinion that offensive to you? haha.

I pretty much think they have just shown the xbox that early because sony did and they had to, and game streaming isn't that great, think about living in an little village somewhere in nowhere, what then? you will need broadband internet to stream that quality high end games, me thinks...

I wasn't excited by sonys presentation because they're making that social media things, send you're vids comments etc. I'm not a big fan of social media, but I'm pretty sure xobx one will have the same things there as PS4, MS as a company is moveing in that direction for Companys too, connecting ppl on all Fronts via networks:

Skype (Chat, LiveMessenger, Videoconferences)

Lynks

Sharepoints

SkyDrive

Like I've said, the focus will be on connecting ppl and MS wanted to show "other" things, they will be able to do the same things, and like said, they showed the presentation just because they had to, to react on SONYS early presentation...

Of course you'll need broadband to stream - that goes without saying. A lot of people have fast internet connections these days anyway, so that shouldn't be as much of a problem as you're making it out to be. If you can't stream because you're internet isn't up to speed it doesn't mean the streaming option isn't great.

Sony did spend some time on the social side of things but they were more geared to gaming sociality, not to stuff like Skype, or fantasy sports, or cable services. Honestly, I could not give a crap about the latter, and I seriously can't believe MS spend such a long time on that instead of highlighting their hardware like Sony did.

But yeah you're right that MS had to react, they couldn't let Sony get away with all the anticipation this summer.

I'll always be a sony man because of how much fun they gave me for 15+ years and I feel like a traitor buying an xbox. Although tbf sony's products are better than microsofts anyway.

tumblr_m76uxj6zMI1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

tumblr_limthcd5BD1qfyv11o1_500.gifC9aUd.gif

Yeah. But I don't prefer dishing out money for a gaming console. Would rather settle for a beast PC

Fair enough. I can't afford to spend a grand on a beast PC though - and also I wouldn't like to miss out on console exclusives + consoles are a little more social (e.g. playing FIFA with your friends).

I'm just going to say this: Console wars are the stupidest thing on the internet. I used to get all angry and offended all the time over them when I was 12 but since then I've realised it's the stupidest thing ever.

Who cares if you play Xbox or Playstation? Really, does it matter which one you choose or which is better? Same goes for phones, computers, TVs, etc. Get the one that brings you the most happiness. It doesn't matter if it's the most popular or the most powerful.

Oh and PS: PS3 outsold the 360... :Goober:

Why is Xbox live better? in what way?

The only stand out feature that the Xbox live has is the cross game chat. If you enjoy playing with friends online then I think Xbox live is the way to go. The online community is more interactive and imo the friend list is more useful for Xbox than for Playstation. I almost never find myself using the mic whenever I play on the PS3.

Although the PS3's services are free, you get what you pay for when your using Live. I can't speak for others but whenever I play COD, the connection with Xbox is more consistent. The downloads and uploads are also much faster and XBL just looks more polished and presentable with their movies, apps, and music libraries.

Lastly XBL get's most of the DLC's first which is a nice exclusive feature for the players.

I don't mean to sound like a Xbox fanboy but I own both consoles and I'm speaking from experience. If you don't care much about the online experience then xbox live is a waste of money.

The only stand out feature that the Xbox live has is the cross game chat. If you enjoy playing with friends online then I think Xbox live is the way to go. The online community is more interactive and imo the friend list is more useful for Xbox than for Playstation. I almost never find myself using the mic whenever I play on the PS3.

Although the PS3's services are free, you get what you pay for when your using Live. I can't speak for others but whenever I play COD, the connection with Xbox is more consistent. The downloads and uploads are also much faster and XBL just looks more polished and presentable with their movies, apps, and music libraries.

Lastly XBL get's most of the DLC's first which is a nice exclusive feature for the players.

Something the PS4 will fix big time. PS4 will have cross game chat, will also come with a microphone included and will also allow you to "partially" download games before playing them (the game will continue to download in the background).

PSN will level with Xbox Live in the next gen consoles.

That one hurts the old English skills.

It's my preference to like the PS3 Dualshock...I have an Xbox-360 controller for my PC and I use it as constantly as my Dualshock...okay?

Haha, 30 Euros a year. Try about 70 Euros a year. And where did I say that it's not possible for me to pay it?

Besides the Xbox exclusives don't interest me in the slightest. Sony was far more games that interest me.

Why are you even arguing? Oh my god, is my opinion that offensive to you? haha.

Sorry for my bad english typing fast really, cause I'm at work and have no time to think about my tenses.

Arguing? No I don't, sorry if it looks like it.

Lets articulate it this way, there have been many ppl like you telling me they hated the xbox controller and dual shock was the real shit and then they tried and it went the completely other way. So If you don't like that xboxtrigger you have to try to get your old dualshock working with PS4, cause they've come closer to the xbox controller very much.

Thats the point, there are nearly no exclusives anymore, Forza, God of War, but you even get Snake on the Xbox now, some final fantasy stuff too.

You said it was about the price and besides that they're pretty much the same, and I said the price is no argument to me, so whats you're point? I made clear what I thought of it

70€ gosh, where do you buy your xbox live? there you go, I alway buy from this guy and I've gotten my code in about 30 Mins after paying till now

http://www.ebay.de/itm/12-Monate-Xbox-360-Live-Gold-Mitgliedschaft-Abo-per-Email-Months-Code-Card-/200922395404?pt=PC_Viedeospielzubeh%C3%B6r&hash=item2ec7e8730c

The Xbox Live plattform is much better performance and availabilty wise then PSN plus it is more useable.

You don't even know wha MS will do on the gameing part, gosh, thats what I'm saying or at least trying, MS just showed what DIFFERENT things from PS4 they're doing.

If you're hardware specs are the same, and you have the nearly same architecture the gameing solely depends on the Developers (KONAMI, WB, THQ oh wait they've closed, etc.), its not in MS hands at all what the developers can do with the architechture.

Its the same with PS3 and Cell-Architecture it was too complex for developers to handle, if both now are using X86-Architecture it will be easy peasy compared to before to port that games between the both plattforms in the SAME quality.

No you assume that everyone has broad band but thats not the fact (besides I have broadband), Streaming for me isn't great aside from Multimedia content, thats my preference, I don't like to stream my games, I don't even like to download them, this may come from my old NES days but I like to have my DVD/HD/Blue-Ray hands on.

Again, both are looking like they're using AMD-Jagura X86-Architecture (X86-Architecture is the same most PC's uses, even Macs now, after they use Intel) so they have a Graphicscard SoC ergo, they will have the same abilitys.

And if you calculate in Pixels you have to calculate in Integer numbers, this is why this 1,4TFLOPS nonsense by PS4 gets you nothing, these are floatingpoint numbers.

No you assume that everyone has broad band but thats not the fact (besides I have broadband), Streaming for me isn't great aside from Multimedia content, thats my preference, I don't like to stream my games, I don't even like to download them, this may come from my old NES days but I like to have my DVD/HD/Blue-Ray hands on.

I know that not everyone has broadband, but I'm not on about cloud gaming, I'm on about streaming games e.g. letting other people see what you're doing, like on uStream (we were discussing the social side of the PS4 right?) - just to reiterate - I'm not talking about the cloud gaming aspect. The cloud gaming aspect is still very interesting though as Sony are going to allow people to stream PS3, PS2 and PS1 games from the cloud which isn't bad at all.

And if you calculate in Pixels you have to calculate in Integer numbers, this is why this 1,4TFLOPS nonsense by PS4 gets you nothing, these are floatingpoint numbers

I think the PS4 slightly has a nod ahead simply because they're using 8GB GDDR5 compared to Microsoft's 8GB DDR3 RAM - PS4's memory is more graphically intensive which could allow a slight difference in quality.

We'll have to wait and see though.

Sorry for my bad english typing fast really, cause I'm at work and have no time to think about my tenses.

Arguing? No I don't, sorry if it looks like it.

Lets articulate it this way, there have been many ppl like you telling me they hated the xbox controller and dual shock was the real shit and then they tried and it went the completely other way. So If you don't like that xboxtrigger you have to try to get your old dualshock working with PS4, cause they've come closer to the xbox controller very much.

Thats the point, there are nearly no exclusives anymore, Forza, God of War, but you even get Snake on the Xbox now, some final fantasy stuff too.

You said it was about the price and besides that they're pretty much the same, and I said the price is no argument to me, so whats you're point? I made clear what I thought of it

70€ gosh, where do you buy your xbox live? there you go, I alway buy from this guy and I've gotten my code in about 30 Mins after paying till now

http://www.ebay.de/itm/12-Monate-Xbox-360-Live-Gold-Mitgliedschaft-Abo-per-Email-Months-Code-Card-/200922395404?pt=PC_Viedeospielzubeh%C3%B6r&hash=item2ec7e8730c

The Xbox Live plattform is much better performance and availabilty wise then PSN plus it is more useable.

You don't even know wha MS will do on the gameing part, gosh, thats what I'm saying or at least trying, MS just showed what DIFFERENT things from PS4 they're doing.

If you're hardware specs are the same, and you have the nearly same architecture the gameing solely depends on the Developers (KONAMI, WB, THQ oh wait they've closed, etc.), its not in MS hands at all what the developers can do with the architechture.

Its the same with PS3 and Cell-Architecture it was too complex for developers to handle, if both now are using X86-Architecture it will be easy peasy compared to before to port that games between the both plattforms in the SAME quality.

Again, both are looking like they're using AMD-Jagura X86-Architecture (X86-Architecture is the same most PC's uses, even Macs now, after they use Intel) so they have a Graphicscard SoC ergo, they will have the same abilitys.

And if you calculate in Pixels you have to calculate in Integer numbers, this is why this 1,4TFLOPS nonsense by PS4 gets you nothing, these are floatingpoint numbers.

What are you talking about? I never once said that the Xbox controller was shit. I simply said that I liked the dualshock more. Okay, is that alright with you? Okay.

PS3 Exclusives that I liked: God of War, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Ni No Kuni, inFamous, Resistance, Killzone, Heavy Rain, LittlebigPlanet, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus remake, Valkyria Chronicles, Metal Gear Solid 4, among a few others.

You ask me what's my point about the price when it doesn't matter to you? Well, I actually don't care if it if the price is no argument to you or not, because it does in fact matter to me.

You do seem like you are looking for an argument, you know?

I'm an XBOX 360 guy, but I think i'll wait a few months after they're released to buy one or the other. Maybe at their first price-drop in the new year.

I want a console to game first and foremost, I don't have much time for any of that other crap, which is what Microsoft are obsessed with, so it's very off-putting.

This pretty much sums the XBOX up: