Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Angel Di Maria

Followers 2

The question is whether or not a guy like Willian is good enough. He's hardly young at 25, and he neither scores or assists. He has been like that throughout his career, I checked his record, so I'm not very confident he is going to become this productive player. Selling Oscar is a huge no no and shouldn't even be considered at all.

Personally, I'll sell Willian right now. It was a mistake signing him in the first place for the amount we did. He'll be nothing more than a squad player in other top European sides. Use money from the sale plus additional funds to sign Di Maria or Sanchez.

We can't just assume that all of a sudden Oscar, Willian and Schurrle are going to improve dramatically next season and I'm guessing Jose HAS to deliver a big trophy next season to avoid the sack.

I don't think we need to improve dramatically..but if i did i'd be looking at different areas. The best formation for our squad remains a 4-3-3 and in that we only need somebody else for the other flank opposite Eden..Shurrle,Willian and Salah would be ample with some good young wideman behind the first team.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we get Angel, who should leave to make room? Oscar, Schürrle, or Willian?

You forgot Salah, imo Oscar should leave.

This guy is immense, an absolute unbelievable player. It would very hard not to look at this lad and not be interested for me, but with that we are stocked with attacking talent, one of Oscar, Willian or Schurrle would have to go. I personally love Schurrle he is very versatile and offers a lot in a different load of areas. Neither Oscar or Willian have been immense since signing. I really couldn't choose who would be the one to go.

All hypothetical of course.

If we get another world class AM I think that Oscar should be sold. That 'saving himself for the world cup' mentality is utter bullshit, imo if you're not ready to give your all to the club (Who is paying you by the way) go play only for national team.

This guy is immense, an absolute unbelievable player. It would very hard not to look at this lad and not be interested for me, but with that we are stocked with attacking talent, one of Oscar, Willian or Schurrle would have to go. I personally love Schurrle he is very versatile and offers a lot in a different load of areas. Neither Oscar or Willian have been immense since signing. I really couldn't choose who would be the one to go.

All hypothetical of course.

Imagine Di Maria playing a role like he plays on the Argentina National Team! he would fit in the midfield with Matic and Cesc, or in the forward with Hazard and Costa.

Willian can't catch a break on this forum, can he? :lol:

I feel like I'm the only one who thinks he's got world class potential in him. His work rate is better than Di Maria or anyone else we're linked with and that's the only way you become a world class talent

I feel like I'm the only one who thinks he's got world class potential in him. His work rate is better than Di Maria or anyone else we're linked with and that's the only way you become a world class talent

I agree abut Willian, but one thing worries me with him is his decision making and possibly his lack of goals. But I say that very tongue in cheek because I think he will flourish in his second season with us, he has all that marks of being a top quality player.

I agree abut Willian, but one thing worries me with him is his decision making and possibly his lack of goals. But I say that very tongue in cheek because I think he will flourish in his second season with us, he has all that marks of being a top quality player.

Yeah, he's still quite raw but his a Mourinho guy. Works hard on his defensive game and his offensive game isn't far off being world class yet. Even Di Maria struggled initially at Madrid before these reviews and £50m sums came about..

I think in terms of priorities for this squad too, Di Maria is very low on that list.

Needs better, consistent end product but I expect that to happen now that he is settled and thus can establish an understanding with those around him. More goals would be nice but it's difficult; he hasn't been a great goalscorer in his career. You're right though, his attitude and willingness to improve is exemplary, something that more of his teammates should embrace.