Earthquake

Mufassir08

Maybe I do, maybe you don't know shit. Ever consider that? You are thinking about marketing not journalism.

I don't mean to sound cruel, but that's adorable. You think there's a distinction.....awwww.

For better or worse, the people who watch these stations tend to have a closer cultural relationship with America and in particular places like Boston. It might sound facile, but British runners were involved in this event. Beyond that, people have a cultural awareness of Boston through films, tv, music, literature, sports etc.

It's different for Iran/Pakistan etc. on the whole.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mean to sound cruel, but that's adorable. You think there's a distinction.....awwww.

For better or worse, the people who watch these stations tend to have a closer cultural relationship with America and in particular places like Boston. It might sound facile, but British runners were involved in this event. Beyond that, people have a cultural awareness of Boston through films, tv, music, literature, sports etc.

It's different for Iran/Pakistan etc. on the whole.

And look the he thinks they are mutually inclusive. So according to your logic since there is no distinction marketing = journalism? So that mean when companies are doing market research they are publishing media to bring current events to the public? So when Coke tells me to drink Coke they are doing journalism?

Media companies use marketing. Journalism=/=Marketing. Marketing is not inclusive to journalism or vice versa.

And look the he thinks they are mutually inclusive. So according to your logic since there is no distinction marketing = journalism? So that mean when companies are doing market research they are publishing media to bring current events to the public? So when Coke tells me to drink Coke they are doing journalism?

Media companies use marketing. Journalism=/=Marketing. Marketing is not inclusive to journalism or vice versa.

Sorry, I probably didn't make it clear.

News companies have a financial component. Say you get a newspaper - you have to actually hand over some money for it right (yes I'm aware there are free dailies, and I'll come to that)? Then when you look inside, there's advertisements right? Well companies pay to have their ads in the newspaper.

Now advertisement costs increase based on circulation (and other things, but let's keep it simple). Ergo, news companies want as many readers as possible so they give greater prominence to stories that appeal to their readership and that is a complex equation based on numerous factors.

That is how market realities impact on journalism. Marketing is not journalism though.

Sorry, I probably didn't make it clear.

News companies have a financial component. Say you get a newspaper - you have to actually hand over some money for it right (yes I'm aware there are free dailies, and I'll come to that)? Then when you look inside, there's advertisements right? Well companies pay to have their ads in the newspaper.

Now advertisement costs increase based on circulation (and other things, but let's keep it simple). Ergo, news companies want as many readers as possible so they give greater prominence to stories that appeal to their readership and that is a complex equation based on numerous factors.

That is how market realities impact on journalism. Marketing is not journalism though.

I know exactly what you meant. I'm not a docile muppet that needs to be lectured about how the real world works. I get lectured all day at university I don't need to come on here and get lectured further. As it stands my original statement was just a dig at the BBC, I don't know why you felt the need to lecture me about marketing and journalism but thanks for the effort, even though you probably did it for yourself to get that kick out of correcting someone.

Not Impressed at all, didn't even feel it, could be cause I was sleeping but fuck it didn't wake me up. Those lousy cunts running, and screaming waked me -__-

Funny shit was, everyone were running all over, trying to escape the building, and I was laying on my bed, watching the news like a badass, waiting for the whole apartment to collapse, so, I could die in peace but meeer, GOD HATES ME >.<

and there were no aftershocks, what a shit duck quake -__-

Thoughts and Prayers to the families and friends of the victims though.

I have BBC Asia so we get coverage about the earthquake , I think it depends which edition you look at.

Earthquakes scare me,there is so little warning and so little you can do to protect yourself.

It is so sad that so many have died and unfortunately as they continue to have after shocks and then begin to clean up that number will increase. My thoughts and prayers are with all the people in these areas.

Does anyone know if we have members in the area? I know .Cee is from Pakistan but I don't know where.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Earthquakes are horrible things!

I've been through about 20 over magnitude 5 over the last 2 and a half yeats. One of which destroyed my city killing 180 people and leaving many homeless.

Thoughts go out to all who were affected by the recent earthquakes. It takes a long time for things to get back to normal.

Earthquakes are horrible things!

I've been through about 20 over magnitude 5 over the last 2 and a half yeats. One of which destroyed my city killing 180 people and leaving many homeless.

Thoughts go out to all who were affected by the recent earthquakes. It takes a long time for things to get back to normal.

Kezza

This is one of my biggest fears. May god bless you ad keep you safe.

I know in Sichuan, it is grim and they are working on getting aid there quickly. 203 people were killed and 11,500 injured (960 seriously). :(

The area is remote and some roads are blocked because of the landslides triggered by the earthquake.