Boston Marathon Explosions

Special Juan

What is there to debate? A tragic event happened, and people should just pay their respects and condolences and hope for the best for those who were affected. The media will always have their own agendas whether you like it or not.

Thank you.

Yes, I am a plastic fan who watches EPL because of the players and as soon as everyone leaves I will leave also. :doh:

I'm Spanish/Moroccan and I enjoy the premier league due to its history, clubs, and world wide prestige that attracted millions. First Chelsea game I ever witnessed was their Super Cup win in 98' as it was the only channel with an average signal, whist my family were cheering for Madrid, the conformist that I am, went for Chelsea. The Premier League possibly has the most international coverage hence the many Asian/american/African fans.

What is there to debate? A tragic event happened, and people should just pay their respects and condolences and hope for the best for those who were affected. The media will always have their own agendas whether you like it or not.

This is exactly why some of the posters are retarded here.

Perhaps you could enlighten us with your knowledgeable take on the matter ....or is the Batman clip the superior explanation ?

Don't feed the troll, I'm not anymore.

Seems to think its some kind of Hollywood movie

Seems to think he lives a few hrs near Boston. Seems to think his brother lives a block next to the event.

1. Disgusting American/UK bias in the media

2. Desensitization of non-white deaths (Middle East, Africa)

3. General apathy towards tragedies like starvation (25,000 people a day in Africa), but WORLDWIDE hysteria over 3 deaths in Boston.

Lots of double standards and A LOT of things to debate.

I'm not saying that none of that is true, and yes double standards are sadly part of our society. I just don't see the point in getting riled up over the media's point of view. It's expected to be ignorant and dismissive.

1. Disgusting American/UK bias in the media

2. Desensitization of non-white deaths (Middle East, Africa)

3. General apathy towards tragedies like starvation (25,000 people a day in Africa), but WORLDWIDE hysteria over 3 deaths in Boston.

Lots of double standards and A LOT of things to debate.

Just not here.

Makes more relevance than someone trying to post a scene from the dark knight trying to further their explanation and claiming some of us are 'retarded'.

Why not? Is this a mourning thread where people can only pay their respects or actually talk about the political background of these kind of tragedies. I'm more interested in the latter tbh.

That's right it's a mourning thread. MOURN HERE. Take your politics to the politics thread. That's why I made it, to discuss politics.

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/13128-politics-stuff/page-39#entry640655

Makes more relevance than someone trying to post a scene from the dark knight trying to further their explanation and claiming some of us are 'retarded'.

"Look what I have done to this city with a few drums of gas and a couple bullets. Nobody panics when the expected people get killed. Nobody panics when things go according to plan, even if the plans are horrifying. If I tell the press that tomorrow a gangbanger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will get blown up, nobody panics. But when I say one little old mayor will die, everyone loses their minds! Introduce a little anarchy, you upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I am an agent of chaos. And you know the thing about chaos, Harvey? It's fair."

I like how that is not relevant, but ok, than!

That's right it's a mourning thread. MOURN HERE. Take your politics to the politics thread. That's why I made it, to discuss politics.

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/13128-politics-stuff/page-39#entry640655

xn5iIHI.jpg

If people want to discuss this here, including several mods, it'll be discussed here.

http://i.imgur.com/xn5iIHI.jpg

If people want to discuss this here, including several mods, it'll be discussed here.

And now it's turned from mourning to having digs at journalism and modern life in America. If you want to mourn the poor people that die in Syria/Middle East/Everywhere else, make a fucking thread about it and don't complain about people not giving it attention in a thread about mourning. Go make a thread, they fucking deserve it.

Congratulations everyone.

And now it's turned from mourning to having digs at journalism and modern life in America. If you want to mourn the poor people that die in Syria/Middle East/Everywhere else, make a fucking thread about it and don't complain about people not giving it attention in a thread about mourning. Go make a thread, they fucking deserve it.

Congratulations everyone.

How does a mourning thread work anyway. We all just say RIP and leave it be?