Boston Marathon Explosions

Special Juan

But Choulo and I never said otherwise man, we only said it it not what everyone is making. We are also criticizing the bias of the worldwide media...

I honestly dont see how disrespectful that can be. I never said anything bad or that I am not sad for what happened. People I really like in the forum calling it shameful really hurts.

I have never said anything you said was disrespectful mate and still don't think that was the case. We are just debating as far as im concerned, and i didn't want the thread to become a comparison. And to a large extent i agree with you on the media front. They only show selective things. :)

No, it just makes it less significant. Sorry, if 30 people died today in Iraq and 2 died in Boston...What should be the main news worldwide?

This is a trick question right? Because you're just going to say, NEITHER cause 100 die in Africa everyday.

Romper and Kieran are questioning the media itself, don't understand how people are interpreting that they are signifying disrespectful notions towards the tragedy and the victims themselves.

RIP. Thoughts to the families.

I agree with you there. :)

Are not y'all a little too much naive to understand that Media shows what the masses want to see. Fucking watch it or just shot your TV with a baseball bat.

Meeer, It's all bout money, they'd only break the news which people would be interested to see and hear, why would they broadcast a bomb blast in Pakistan when it's pretty much a routine there? Why would they waste their valuable TV Time on Syrian war when no one in the world is interested bout it. Why would they broadcast hunger in Africa when they know people won't be interested in donating money and stuff? MEDIA IS NOT THE ONE TO BLAME, WE'RE THE ONE FUCKING RESPONSIBLE, ALL OF US. THEY SHOW WHAT WE WANT TO SEE.

and It's fucking tragical and sad, but I bet, none of you would even watch the News if they started to show the reality.

This is a trick question right? Because you're just going to say, NEITHER cause 100 die in Africa everyday.

I think it's more like 25,000 and that's just due to starvation.

I believe that answers it...

Awful scenes coming out.

What happens elsewhere in the world, doesn't make this any less of a tragedy. And it's not even proven that these are terrorists attacks or anything lol, people jump to conclusions too quickly. Hopefully there won't be any more explosions and casualties.

Not entirely sure I should post this, but I will give a warning before:

WARNING: This video contains scenes from the explosion. It contains violent images. DO NOT click if you don't want to see that.

A close video to the explosion:

Not entirely sure I should post this, but I will give a warning before:

WARNING: This video contains scenes from the explosion. It contains violent images. DO NOT click if you don't want to see that.

A close video to the explosion:

Take a note of the different flags where the explosions occurred. I wouldn't be surprised it was some crazy Militia Group that we have here that speak about the black helicopters of the UN

Scene on the street...

ad6ac308501892af3aba143612641b11.png?136

Saw it on the news and was in disbelief. That's image is horrific. It's really worrying, something is going on and i feel it could just be the start of something big with more explosions to come imminently. This is a worrying time. Some of the reactions on the first page are ridiculous, it's nothing like what's going on in other countries who seem to always be killing each other anyway and killing their own people. This seems to be a terrorist attack in the USA aimed at innocent people. And the cunts targeted Patriots Day too. There's a marathon in London on Sunday i think, i ain't going out anywhere near there, fuck that. And there's also Thatcher's funeral soon too. And considering what is going on in North Korea.... (the BBC done one hell of a job going there undercover btw).

Shit is happening.

Shit is happening.

What shit? We dont know what happened yet...

The JFK incident has been confirmed as a fire and no connection with the two explosions. Also, CNN reporting that it could have been an electrical panic. However, FBI categorizing saying they were indeed terrorist attacks.

Wait before going all crazy about it. Yes, it could be exactly what you are saying, but it also could be just a very sad unfortunate day. :(

More explosives were found and defused so it's pretty blatant. Bombs have been defused in the area and nobody is allowed out their houses! People have literally just been blown up for no reason in the middle of a city at the finish line of a marathon, i mean seriously wtf. I'm getting nervous, genuinely worried about what's going on.

More explosives were found and defused so it's pretty blatant. Bombs have been defused in the area and nobody is allowed out their houses! People have literally just been blown up for no reason in the middle of a city at the finish line of a marathon, i mean seriously wtf. I'm getting nervous, genuinely worried about what's going on.

I am following the news as well, I am just against premature conclusions. Yet, I see what you mean though. Thought it was another thing, sorry!

I am worried with the World in general. Shit just gets worse by the second. Africa tribals, Middle East, North Korea, USA, Brazil, etc..

First off, thoughts with the families and friends of the victims. Very unfortunate scenes.

That said, I hate to sound like a cynic (who am I kidding, I love it! :P), but it's hardly the big news that people are making it out to be. I mean an explosion like that wouldn't even make the news in Syria, atm. I'm probably just being mean, but I find the overreaction about this very annoying. Why should the lives of people in Boston be worth more than those in Syria, or Mali or Bahrain or Somalia...etc?

I don't mean to offend anyone, and if my post does, then I apologize. It's just a philosophical/ethical 'observation'.

That's the way the news works for a number of reasons. First off, people don't care about the chronic, regular occurrence they care about the acute one-off event. That's why school massacres get attention and the day to day shootings which kill far more people, don't. Attacks in the US are incredibly rare. That's why it's news. Attacks in Syria at this point are not really news because they happen every day. Second, people in the west care about the attacks on our lives. We know there are tons of deaths all over the world. It's a natural reaction to more horrified at attacks in circumstances you might find yourself in. Someone being shot at your supermarket is more newsworthy to you than 10, 000 dead in a Bangladesh flood. It's not wrong, it's natural self-interest. It doesn't mean that the person killed in the supermarket is worth 10, 000 Bangladeshi lives. Lastly, comparing death totals is a fool's game. Were people not supposed to be upset by the July 7 attacks because they didn't kill that meany people relative to wars? Should we ignore Syria because 70,000 people killed in a war is still historically insignificant? The siege of Leningrad killed about 1, 000, 000 civilians. If you play this game, you can keep going until you can't discuss anything. People were killed today and it's shocking and awful. That doesn't mean that people killed in Syria is any less awful or that their lives are worth less.

You're really not safe anywhere in reality. A Boston marathon and an Elementary School FFS. Pure evil really can live next door. Guess this quote really puts it best, " Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men, just want to watch the world burn."