Boston Marathon Explosions

Special Juan

Another explosion today, this one at a fertilizer plant in Texas. It looks to be an accident but very tragic. :( they have said 2 dead and 66 injured but expect the number of dead to rise as the continue searching. The estimate is 60-70 some are the first responders. The explosion shook house 80 km away and registered as 2.1 seismic event. They have evacuated most of the town, homes near the plant were leveled.

Scary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Another explosion today, this one at a fertilizer plant in Texas. It looks to be an accident but very tragic. :( they have said 2 dead and 66 injured but expect the number of dead to rise as the continue searching. The estimate is 60-70 some are the first responders. The explosion shook house 80 km away and registered as 2.1 seismic event. They have evacuated most of the town, homes near the plant were leveled.

Scary.

Haven't heard anything about that. Very sad to hear. Obviously at a fertilizer plant, the first thing you would expect is that it is an accident.

Haven't heard anything about that. Very sad to hear. Obviously at a fertilizer plant, the first thing you would expect is that it is an accident.

It is most likely an accident as the fire started and then triggered the explosion. They reportedly had 54,000 lbs or 24.5 metric tons of Anhydrous ammonium in storage tanks. The fire allowed them to begin evacuate people but there was a nursing home near by that was destroyed that they do not know if every one was evacuated in time. I applaud the mayor and police chief of the little town for refusing to estimate the number who are dead when the media pushes. They tell them they fear the number will rise, right now there are 2 confirmed deaths but they will wait until they have located all their citizens and all their firemen before they will say anything more.

All these events hit home for me, I have live in Massachusetts and have friends in Boston and I have driven thru west, Texas many times. Every other year we visit friend in Dallas and then go to Schlitterbahn, in NewBraunsfels (near SanAntonio). On the way back we usually travel the back raids so we can go to this little hole in the wall BBQ joint near Waco and West. :(

Yet again, you have turned a thread into thread into a US bashing political debate. Take it to the politics thread where it belongs.

This is for discussion of the events in Boston not the US or medias misguided policies. What happened in Boston was horrific and it would be regardless of where it happened. Please take your political soap boxes else where.

No. It's absolute and utter bullshit that 3 deaths here are being glorified.

Yet again, you have turned a thread into thread into a US bashing political debate. Take it to the politics thread where it belongs.

This is for discussion of the events in Boston not the US or medias misguided policies. What happened in Boston was horrific and it would be regardless of where it happened. Please take your political soap boxes else where.

No. It's absolute and utter bullshit that 3 deaths here are being glorified.

Kieran, I think that point has been made and rehashed enough. The media glorifies these occurrences and fixates on them.

It was a miracle only 3 people died and since there are 14 still people some of them children hospitalized that number may yet change. There were also 170+ injured but they seem to get forgotten. Your comment "only 3 people" sounds not only callous but naive. It is not as horrible as what happens daily in Syria, Iraq, and Afghanistan or a multitude of other places but it does not mean it is not a tragedy.

The US media makes a circus out of everything and that is a shame. They are yet again doing it again and the next tragedy they will do it again. If it bothers you they do it, then write or call the media outlets.

I asked that y'all take the politics and media discussion out of the thread because it is offensive and inappropriate in this thread. I stay out of the political thread for the very reason that I do not want to discuss it.

I stay quiet for as long as I could but I am tired of everyone acting like what happened in Boston does not matter. It matters to a lot of people and these events are not common in the US and when it does the media makes things worse by covering it 24/7. It will eventually be replaced by the next "disaster".

I have friends in Massachusetts because we lived there for years, I have friends that waited for hours for news of their loved ones, and it is not a feeling that leaves you emotionally drained. I have been in this position before during 9/11 (of course, then I also had to worry about the position of a plane over Pennsylvania wondering where it was going to crash and if I was in danger) and it is not easier the second time around. Listening to y'all be so hurtful and negative is very difficult. I understand and even agree with you on the media it does not need to be continually voiced because your point has been made.

I have no idea, all a bit sketchy now but reports are more and more confirming it is connected to the bombings.

So the fuckers killed a copper at MIT? Man they're over their heads. Is there death penalty in that state? Because if there was, that's what they would get.

I have no idea, all a bit sketchy now but reports are more and more confirming it is connected to the bombings.

So the fuckers killed a copper at MIT? Man they're over their heads. Is there death penalty in that state? Because if there was, that's what they would get.

They do not know if the MIT cops death is linked to the carjacking and subsequent car chase but it seems likely.

The have arrested one person, one died in a shoot out with police, and one (who resembles one of the marathon suspects) is still at large.

Massachusetts has not had the death penalty since it was deemed unconstitutional in 1984. The law had been written in such a way if you confessed you could not be put to death, so only those who chose to go to trial risked the death penalty as punishment. No wonder they found it unconstitutional!

However, if they are tried as having committed an act of terrorism, that is a federal crime and could see the death penalty used. Timothy McVye (sp?) was put to death for the Oaklahoma Federal Building bombing.

BBC is running a story explaining the situation http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22212946

Here you can listen to the Boston Police Scanner live radio . http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/6254

This is all very surreal tbh. Live Police Radio feed is being listened in on by millions. At one point, I heard "Get down on your knees sir" from one of the police

According to twitter, this is one of the suspect's Youtube accounts.

http://www.youtube.com/user/muazseyfullah/feed?filter=2

Seems to like videos based on Islam. In fact it's probably safe to say that at least one of the brothers is a Muslim if the information is accurate.