Whats you're country listening to?

Clevemayer

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Piles upon piles of shit. South Korea pumps out shit music like no other place on the planet. Long time no see, folks, by the way.

Oi, hello again Mole Rat! Now that you've become a northerer, I would like to welcome you back with this piece of hip music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgjGLV-93qw

Oi, hello again Mole Rat! Now that you've become a northerer, I would like to welcome you back with this piece of hip music.

No one on this site is from North Korea. Just a bunch of dudes that thinks its funny putting it down as their nationality.

Funny topic, you probably wouldn't want to listen to this, for example:

Its a rather new one though from a man who is a living legend over here, and when I say that I mean the whole ex-Yugoslavia.

mate you're wrong I listen to any music really, I cant stand house/techno (most of it) and germn folk music, also operetta I cant hear them, but instrumental classics or 'Ode an die Fröhlichkeit' for example are good stuff...

otherwise I like every harmoncal music...

There are two types of greek music that i like, rebetika (and early laϊka) and cretan music (my roots are from Crete).

thats a great technique... can't read greek, whats his name? he plays the bouzouki excellent.. this is a bouzouki isn't it?

thats a great technique... can't read greek, whats his name? he plays the bouzouki excellent.. this is a bouzouki isn't it?

His name is Antonis Xylouris (nicknamed Psarantonis) and he composes/plays Cretan music. This instrument isn't bouzouki, it is Cretan lyra. He is quite renowned and not only in Greece as he has performed all over the world (Nick Cave is a known admirer of his music).

Bouzouki is used in the first two videos (rebetiko and laϊko respectively)