Marco van Ginkel

Spike

What about Marco van Ginkel for the midfield? 20 years old with over 100 appearances for Vitesse and 1 cap for Oranje, so he a bit of experience notched up. Probably not the most ideal signing for most members (he is too young, will cramp up all the other youth prospects, DE BRUYNE OMG!!!, etc) but football is a funny sport and it's hard to predict youth. Playing for Vitesse practically makes him a Chelsea player anyway...

Marco%20van%20Ginkel%202.jpg

Haha, two midfielders from my comptetition.

Marco van Ginkel is a huge talent. He's movements are great, and has a lot of a born playmaker. This year Vitesse is growing and growing and pushing my loved team of the table. Marco didn't score this year, but years before a lot for a midfielder. 10/11 16 11/12 15 12/13 9.

Kevin Strootman is from my team. PSV Eindhoven. Kevin Strootman is the new Mark van Bommel. He's a beast. A winner. His shooting is fantastic and what a great guy to have in your team.

If i may choose between Marco or Kevin, certainly Strootman. He's an animal.

• 1 month later...

Chelsea are set to make Marco van Ginkel the first signing of Jose Mourinho's second spell at Stamford Bridge. (@DuncanCastles)

Chelsea believe that the 20-year-old Marco van Ginkel is capable of holding down a midfield spot straight away. (via @DuncanCastles)

Chelsea are set to make Marco van Ginkel the first signing of Jose Mourinho's second spell at Stamford Bridge. (@DuncanCastles)

Chelsea believe that the 20-year-old Marco van Ginkel is capable of holding down a midfield spot straight away. (via @DuncanCastles)

http://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/3875/transfer-zone/2013/05/27/4007494/chelsea-set-to-secure-van-ginkel-as-mourinhos-first-signing

I'd much rather see Chelsea go after Strootman.

van Ginkel has talent, there's no question about that...but we need a more experienced player in our midfield, someone that is capable of leading the team.

Style

Marco van Ginkel is a versatile midfielder capable of taking on both defensive and offensive roles on the midfield. He combines his hard-working mentality well with great basic technique. Quite often positioned as a defensive midfielder, he likes to surge forward and assist his attacking partners. He does this quite well, with already 17 goals in 87 appearances; van Ginkel has displayed an impressive feat for a midfielder.

van Ginkel is a prime example of a modern midfielder; pace, strength, and stamina. When bursting through the midfield, he has spatial awareness, great passing, precise and hard shot and a strong header to cause havoc to the enemy defensive line.

The star of van Ginkel is obviously outshined by his teammate Wilfried Bony, but the youngster is slowly taking the forefront. His most recent game, he provided 2 assists on Bony, and scored one ensuring a glamorous victory over ADO-Den Haag.

Even though still only 19 years old, the midfielder made his international debut on November 9 2012 against Germany. Van Ginkel is a rising Dutch super star and Vitesse have a real gem in their squad.

http://www.dutchfootball-league.com/marco-van-ginkel-rising-dutch-midfield-star/

Sounds good. Looks good too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3Iq3epMbAg

Everyone looks good on Youtube, though.

anybody can say anything about him? his statistics are okay, but eredivisie is mostly awful so i dont know. i dont want any talent, i want a player, who can ALREADY bring us forward and improve us. our centre is weak, we need to strengthen it with world-class players.