Jamal Blackman

James

I've never been that convinced about him, but he was fantastic the other night. Pulled off a reflex save that we'd be oohing about if it was Courtois and looked very secure elsewhere. Probably deserves a good loan to a Championship team but I'd be surprised if he was anything more than a future back-up for us although that's no bad thing.

• 1 month later...

I like this. It looks like we have a plan for him, don't think he'd have signed such a long contract if we hadn't.

I think the 5 year contract is a common concept

Bertrand signed a 5 year contract (doubling his wage) at the end of 2012....and now he's all but gone from the club (Hull or Villa being likely destinations)

Him being back up would suit the club, as he's homegrown and quite a decent 'keeper. Obviously it may not suit him, especially in the long term but we'll see. If Schwarzer and Hilario stay next season then a loan for him makes sense.

Schwarzer has re-signed according to the London papers...?

So looks like Courtious, Schwarzer (Czech when he's recovered)

Surely we're not going to renew Hilario's contract. We can't be stupid enough to make the same mistake two seasons in a row!

• 2 months later...

Dimi got booed and jeered by Boro fans at the Reading game on Saturday because he has been really poor from the start of the season.

Good move for the big lad this and he will get games.

That's me and the lad now going to see Jamal, Ken and Bamford :blue scalf:

I was wondering what would be happening with him this season especially after not making the pre-season squad. Was worried he'd kind of end up in an awkward limbo where he'd barely play for the U21s and only be seen in the 1st team when he was 3rd choice 'keeper in the CL squad. Interested to see how he does on loan, hopefully gets chances to impress and go on to start

• 3 weeks later...