Jase

Man of the Match  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody has commented on the first goal by Terry. Rafa says and others have confirmed that Rafa had them practice that move the day before training. Torres took out Terry's marker and Terry moved into the space vacated by another player (forget which one). Really well orchestrated and executed.

I think that's the first winner Torres has actually ever scored for us which has ended up being the last goal.

He only ever seems to score when our team has already scored another 3 goals.

Last ditch winner against Brentford.

Happy to win because of those annoying fans who were on here, but I still hate this tournament. Look at the 8 teams left, which team would be a major accomplishment to beat? The two best teams left in the tournament are Chelsea and Spurs so even if we do well, we're just beating teams we should be beating anyway. I'd rather win it than not, but not if the cost is going to be playing a regular starting XI.

Mata easy MOTM to me. Hazard and Cole were excellent as well and Cech and Torres put in good games but...Mata had a goal and 2 assists. We won 3-1 and Mata was involved in every goal. No other player was involved in more than 1 goal and neither Cole nor Hazard were involved in scoring at all and the game is about results.

mmm things could've been different off course... Imagine if Torres let Eden take that penalty kick... Then Mata wasnt involved in every goal ;)

Eden was involved in 2nd (won the free kick) & 3th goal (smart run & step-over to make room for Torres)

& He created numerous chances...

I don't follow your opinion on "it's all about results". You can give as many 'assists' as you like, if the attacker doesnt score you cant call it an assist. I mean it's not black nor white...

It's blue & white :blue scalf:

Nobody has commented on the first goal by Terry. Rafa says and others have confirmed that Rafa had them practice that move the day before training. Torres took out Terry's marker and Terry moved into the space vacated by another player (forget which one). Really well orchestrated and executed.

Nobody has commented on the woeful set-piece defending we implemented from TIO, well documented from his Liverpool days when Ivanović beat them by himself at Anfield.

Terry was always going to score anyways, nothing new there. I think that goal made the difference, because we were struggling in the second half until that moment.

Wasn't it to tie the game setting up the replay?

Basically the same thing, because without that goal we would've been out, but ended up going through. Could be considered a winner or at least an important goal.

Was a great game, the romanian fans in Lonodon were how I expected them to be, Steaua played well first half but sadly the second half I think they played to much in defence, they should have kept the ball more but hey this is football though a lost game is a lost a game and winners takes it all. I think taking account the two games and the final score by wich Chelsea qualified(3-2 overall) Steaua played as an equal oponent and the huge diffrence between the budget of the two teams wasn't noticeable.

[steaua owner] Becali's first reaction after #CFC 3-1 Steaua: "We should have played like Inter did against #FCB in 2010!"

:clown:

To add more...

Emanuel Roşu@Emishor

Becali:"If Reghe would have chosen Mourinho's tactic, we'd be qualified now!Our manager was too proud. Why did he want to control the game?"

Becali: "At 0-0, we were qualified. Why did he [the manager] want to control the game? He'll learn with time!"

:lol: Seriously, this guy is simply a joke! Now he blames the manager for taking the game to us after what happened. Didn't they try to sit back and defend what they have after scoring the away goal?!

I thought the performance was really good. Steaua are a good side, they went for the away goal, playing with no fear whatsoever and credit to them, they got a lucky break and had us really worried. Just because it's the Europa League and not the Champions League and because it's Steaua Bucharest and not Barcelona doesn't mean it's a walk over. They looked pretty good to me, they got back in numbers, they attacked in numbers but that made them tire pretty quickly and we controlled most of the game after those initial first 20 mins.

Hazard was different class. The way he just produces a devastating turn of pace is something quite special, he's so fucking quick and he can use both feet and go either way, he truly is a legend in the making. Torres' finish was also good, he played pretty well too but that pen... if they had scored i could only imagine the abuse that woulda followed. Why didn't he just bring Lampard on to smash it in, get his 200th Chelsea goal and finish the tie. Those last 10 mins or so were very nervy.

Shame about the draw, would've liked an easier journey, especially as we have that away leg just before we play Tottenham and Liverpool! But i really do think it suits us much better playing the away leg last so i'm happy we're at home first.

Anyway it was a brave comeback again and i think it looks like we're bound to get Tottenham in the final if we progress. That would be a disaster if that happened and we lost. Actually wait, we have Tottenham next if both progress, right? Oh dear. That's gonna be messy if that indeed is the case.