Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Jeremie Boga

TacticalBlues
Followers 2

We can test him in the first two PL matches and if Boga should suddenly play really bad,we can loan him still out,but at least we would give Boga his deserved chance for a starting line up in the PL.Maybe he is the next big thing in football and plays well,who knows?

What I really like about Lois Van Gaal for example is that he likes giving young player their deserved chances,because he realised that a young player,even though he is on the paper only 16 years old(Seedorf in Ajax time was only 16 years old when VAn Gaal gave him his chance),he knows that these players can play better than 30 year old players.Messi was only 19 years old,when he started to play first team football.

Just give him his deserved chance.Boga and Musonda are our best young prospects.

I personally will put Lewis Baker ahead of Musonda. And maybe even Loftus Cheek. Musonda is a very talented player but he still has a lot to prove this season in the U21's.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Del Piero & Aguero comparisons come out. Come on guys, let's be calm here. Boga's impressed and all credit to him, but these comparisons are premature and becomes the reason we then turn our backs

Yes. When you have finally have some real talent, actually rated extremely highly across Europe, let them go.

Maybe Boga - like Hazard - needs 4-5 years of being a first team regular in a good league like France. Hazard is who he is now because of 5 seasons and nearly 200 games for Lille; he didn't get to thi

Posted Images

He's actually 17 and from Marseille we would likely be sending him home to his parents if he goes to Marseille.

So you think the rest of the family didn't come with him to England at the time he joined Chelsea when he was 10? They just stayed back in Marseille while their pre-teen son moved to London to pursue a career of a professional footballer?

I don't consider it a good idea to let a 17-year-old lad make that kind of a move on his own just yet and asking his parents to move with him for such a short term loan isn't really fair on them. We've all seen these cautionary tales of players who get too much too young and we don't want Boga to become like that, let's just let him be a kid while he still can and when he's mature enough he'll either get his chance to go on loan or be promoted to the first team.

So you think the rest of the family didn't come with him to England at the time he joined Chelsea when he was 10? They just stayed back in Marseille while their pre-teen son moved to London to pursue a career of a professional footballer?

I don't consider it a good idea to let a 17-year-old lad make that kind of a move on his own just yet and asking his parents to move with him for such a short term loan isn't really fair on them. We've all seen these cautionary tales of players who get too much too young and we don't want Boga to become like that, let's just let him be a kid when he still can and when he's mature enough he'll either get his chance to go on loan or be promoted to the first team.

Actually his family moved to London THEN he joined Chelsea.

And besides, you really think the club is gonna loan out a kid and leave him on his own??? LOL They will find him a family to billet with much like they have done for players who come to London, Ake comes to mind.

A loan to a football league wouldn't be too bad, even a short term one. Like someone else said, while he is still young for an U21 squad member he is 17 going on 18, the same age Chalobah when he had his best loan to date at Watford. Boga has done what Chalobah/McEachran did and been making an impact at U21 level right from the age of 15/16, he's already experienced/comfortable at reserve level. It would be good this season if we saw progression from that, keep testing him.

• Like 1

Boga or Baker? Higher ceiling? Go.

Hmm, I think Boga has more potential but that's not to say Baker doesn't show huge promise. TBH I'll be disappointed if both don't go on to be good players at the least.

• Like 1

Chelsea will never play him in the first team from a mere pre-season. No point being excited by his recent performances. Until we see a major change at this club money/system wise then the best we can hope for is a successful loan spell that forces Chelsea to acknowledge him.

Last year it was same with RLC and Bertrand Traore. Its preseason and considering how this club runs, both baker and boga will be in same situation after this season. Playing in reserves or loaned.

Seems like the board goes by: youth players are too young until they are too old.

If we actualy get a youth player in first team and moreso in first eleven, I will celebrate that whole week.

• Like 2

I know the situation is different with us and Liverpool as we have a lot more money and therefore the younger ones find it difficult to come in at the expense of the players bough whereas at Liverpool they have money but there expectations are not as high but it will be a shame to see the likes of Sterling come through their academy and thrive and be one of their most important players while the likes of Boga who has come through our academy, leave due to a lack of opportunities.

Boga is 17. Sterling broke through the Liverpool first team at 17 years of age and look where he is now. I was just looking at the chelsea youth twitter page which is brilliant and saw one of the statements being made is that it could be argued that Boga is better at 17 than Sterling was at the same age. It is a big statement but one I agree with as well. I have been following Sterling from his QPR days and because he lived very local to me and when he eventually moved to Liverpool I followed him more. He was far too good for the reserves and U18 and deserved his first team call but then Sterling relied on his pace and trickery. Boga is not as fast but his acceleration with the ball is excellent and while he thrives in the no.10 role he is also good out wide. Boga can dribble, got an eye for a pass, has tons of flair and scores some fantastic goals. Sterling is a much better all round better player now but Boga can be as good if not better but I just would hate to see him make a mark at another club because I reckon if he was given the opportunity he would thrive because I have no doubt that if Boga was at other PL teams his potential and current ability itself would be too good to ignore and he probably would be integrated into their first team already.

Such a good feeling when you see young ones who excite but it is even better if you see them make the breakthrough. IMO, the only thing that will stop Boga making it here is the club. He is good enough and will get better but the question is when he reaches an age where a first team call up is warranted will he be given it? I hope so because he is a genuine talent. He has everything and if the likes of Sterling can come through at Liverpool, there is no reason we can't do the same with Boga but I hope he keeps impressing Mourinho and hopefully he is one who makes it here.

The greatest thing is we all know how good he is but to non-Chelsea fans he is an unknown player and if he is given chances, teams/fans won't even know what has hit them.

His already better than some of the first team players we have ie Salah whilst some attributes of his game like set pieces are way ahead of first team players like Willian, Hazard and Oscar. Dribbling can only be matched by Hazard so if I was the club I would integrate him into the first team already because there is nothing really stopping them from doin it

Hmm, I think Boga has more potential but that's not to say Baker doesn't show huge promise. TBH I'll be disappointed if both don't go on to be good players at the least.

Baker is the next Lampard, Boga is the next Messi, can't decide which one is better :D

His technique is immense. Crazy for a 17yr old. It's pple with technical quality like this we should be playing in our attack starting lineup, if the whole team is having a bad match, their techniques can provide one moment of brilliance. I really want him and traore to make it here.

If there is any hope for our youth system they have to.

What's most impressive about that goal is that he picked the ball up in his own half and just went, and it's something he's done at youth level as well. He takes responsibility and isn't afraid to take chances.

That goal just showcases everything he has in his locker. The skill to beat a man, the acceleration to go past one, the agility to stay on his feet, the strength to go shoulder to shoulder with a defender and still find an excellent finish at the end of it. Even when the ball is lost he still makes the run forward in case it does break for him. He's as complete a 17 as you will likely ever see.

I don't know if he's better than Sterling was....technically he definitely is but he's not as fast. But he's far stronger. What they both have is that youthful arrogance to just go at players. He's been better than most people he's played against for most of his life, but he needs to face stronger opposition and get knocked back because that's when you know if you've got a PROPER player on your hands. To Sterling's credit, he stepped up.

Maybe a better comparison is Barkley who also has that very direct mindset that a few of our players could do with. How often do we bemoan Hazard's somewhat lackadaisical style when we know he can just run at a marker for 90 minutes?

One thing I really like about him compared to our current number 10 is that there's no hesitancy in his game. Oscar can look tentative and almost delicate with the ball, whereas Boga (so far because he's still untested) always looks 100 percent in control of the ball and his body. I think he'll stick around next season, be a big player in the under-21s and possibly also the Youth Cup team and be included in the first team a fair bit.

I would not be surprised in the least if he never saw a loan spell longer than 6 months.

• Like 3

People actually think he'll make it here?

3816676-0704928121-36645.gif

Oscar, Hazard, Schurrle, Salah, Ramires, Willian, Marin, Moses, Piazon, Thorgan etc would all play before he ever does lol.

He'll be loaned out into oblivion and be entirely forgotten for the next big thing in 2/3 seasons.

• Like 1

People actually think he'll make it here?

3816676-0704928121-36645.gif

Oscar, Hazard, Schurrle, Salah, Ramires, Willian, Marin, Moses, Piazon, Thorgan etc would all play before he ever does lol.

He'll be loaned out into oblivion and be entirely forgotten for the next big thing in 2/3 seasons.

Pessimism is cool. Fuck the world. B)

I know you like to moan about things, and it's very easy just to shit on things and pretend it's an informed opinion but most people move beyond that in their early-20s.

This kid is a special talent. If you can't take enjoyment in that then fuck knows what you follow football for. Seriously. I don't understand your mindset, but every pub needs someone like you to prop up one end of the bar for seemingly days on end.

• Like 3