Jeremie Boga

TacticalBlues

17 minutes ago, ja1 said:

The dangers of highlights videos, based on that alone you'd think he must be one of the best players in the Championship. He probably should be. He's been back on the bench in recent weeks..really not sure if he's in need of a lucky break or just unfortunately not as good as I and others thought. The more kind of average loans he has makes me move towards the former though.

There's more chance of Hudson - odoi making it here than Boga I just feel  Boga is just another Kakuta 

• 1 month later...

He is such a talented player, it would be a shame to see him leave. Had he been part of the first team, he would look a much better player. Look when he played for us in the friendlies with top players around him. He gets more time to showcase his talents and thus looks a much better player. When we beat Arsenal 3-0 in pre-season, he was for me the standout player on the pitch. he got his big chance in the beginning of the season against Burnley and Cahill doing that stupid challenge and getting sent off cost him. He was subbed off almost immediately after and never got an appearance for that after and went straight out on loan. Luck totally against him.

1 hour ago, Stats said:

He is such a talented player, it would be a shame to see him leave. Had he been part of the first team, he would look a much better player. Look when he played for us in the friendlies with top players around him. He gets more time to showcase his talents and thus looks a much better player. When we beat Arsenal 3-0 in pre-season, he was for me the standout player on the pitch. he got his big chance in the beginning of the season against Burnley and Cahill doing that stupid challenge and getting sent off cost him. He was subbed off almost immediately after and never got an appearance for that after and went straight out on loan. Luck totally against him.

It's crazy to think this lad could be lost into the abyss of 'if only', whilst the board actually have the audacity to shell out 35million on Drinkwater.

16 hours ago, Stats said:

Luck totally against him.

Its a shame but you hit the nail on the head. Luck is such a big factor with players - mainly young upcoming ones. Tallent is just a small part of careers. IF they get a manager with trust,faith in them - take them under their wing and they blossom. Which goes for complete players also tho.

On 22/05/2018 at 10:50 PM, Unionjack said:

Hes a gonner then

BOGA.thumb.jpg.e76150b8f94ae09f9539511c10bcd538.jpg

Perfect year with the likes of Boga use this season with alot of the young loanees/academy , give him chances in the europa league+league cup etc and if he impresses come the second half of the season give him more chances if not sell him

1 minute ago, mccg said:

Perfect year with the likes of Boga use this season with alot of the young loanees/academy , give him chances in the europa league+league cup etc and if he impresses come the second half of the season give him more chances if not sell him

Well with

AC,Mount,Ampadu,Dasilva,RLC,Odoi,Chalobah,Sterling. fighting for places already its going to be a tough summer me thinks.

2 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Well with

AC,Mount,Ampadu,Dasilva,RLC,Odoi,Chalobah,Sterling. fighting for places already its going to be a tough summer me thinks.

the 1 thing may help him is the lack of bodies in that position, and hell knows what will Willian-Hazard-Pedro do this summer ...not to mention the manager situ etc.yikes

You never know. If Sarri does come in, he might use Boga. He fits the mould similar to a few players at Napoli. That's if he wants to impliment that kind of team here. Small, agile and skillfull players with speed and good awareness. I hope he does. 

On 23.5.2018 at 5:49 AM, DDA said:

It's crazy to think this lad could be lost into the abyss of 'if only', whilst the board actually have the audacity to shell out 35million on Drinkwater.

That is indeed a shame. The list of average players we bought for enormous amounts just to make up the numbers when we have the best academy in the world is mind boggling

On 23.5.2018 at 4:20 AM, Stats said:

Boga however always seemed an average player to me. Never really stood out and definitely not better than Pedro or Willian. He might have had bad luck but if he was that good he would have shone through.

He might have scored that wonder goal vs sheffield but other than that the Championship looked pretty much his level. I think of that class of graduates musonda, Rlc, abraham, boga etc none is good enough to be starter at a top5 club in the premier league ever. They are ofc good enough to play a bit part role like Drinkwater and I would love them to do so but I doubt they will be satisfied that so it is better to cash in.

On May 23, 2018 at 4:49 AM, DDA said:

If Boga was owned by Birmingham, was in and out of the team all season and we signed him, the "the board feckin signed Drinkwater" would be instead "the board feckin signed Boga".  Im not aiming this at you but the general double standards towards the loanee's is ridiculous.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

If Boga was owned by Birmingham, was in and out of the team all season and we signed him, the "the board feckin signed Drinkwater" would be instead "the board feckin signed Boga".  Im not aiming this at you but the general double standards towards the loanee's is ridiculous.

Hmm, but Boga isn't owned by Birmingham and Boga has far more potential than Drinkwater will ever have. So we veiw Boga in a very differen't way, maybe slightly bias but still in a very different way to Drinkwater. Not just because we own him but because he is a more exciting player to watch. If I watched Boga at youth level and he played for Oxford United, I would still be a fan. If Drinkwater played for Real Madrid, i would still deem him average as fuck.

5 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

That is indeed a shame. The list of average players we bought for enormous amounts just to make up the numbers when we have the best academy in the world is mind boggling

Boga however always seemed an average player to me. Never really stood out and definitely not better than Pedro or Willian. He might have had bad luck but if he was that good he would have shone through.

He might have scored that wonder goal vs sheffield but other than that the Championship looked pretty much his level. I think of that class of graduates musonda, Rlc, abraham, boga etc none is good enough to be starter at a top5 club in the premier league ever. They are ofc good enough to play a bit part role like Drinkwater and I would love them to do so but I doubt they will be satisfied that so it is better to cash in.

Boga for me was an exceptional talent when I saw him in the youth teams. He was on another level compared to some of his team mates and opponents. He had skill, close ball control, excellent balance, dribbling. Was just so exciting to watch. He obviously right now is not better than Willian or Pedro but he has potential that if we allowed him to play in the team, he could easily surpass those two. I mean look at Maitland-Niles. He went to Ipswich on loan a couple of seasons ago and did set the world alight. He goes back to Arsenal and they eventually integrate him in the team and he is being talked of as a real talent. FWIW, I thought he was the best player on the pitch when they played United at OT few weeks ago.

But he mainly has got to excel because he is playing with top players rather than very average ones like he was playing in the Championship. I am a huge fan of youth football and I don't exaggerate when I say Boga is one of the best players I have seen in the youth set up. Has so much talent. I genuinely believe if he was at Ajax or someone, he would be linked with top clubs. Look at Justin Kluivert. Our U19 played Ajax U19 a few seasons ago in the UYL and Kluivert was a sub and was no way considered at that time better than our players who were playing. Yes, he was a sub for their U19 but he has been trusted to play for Ajax first team and now is linked with the likes of United and Barca.

At that time of playing them, Kluivert was no way better than Boga. But one is playing for Chelsea and the other is playing for a team who gives majority of youngsters a chance. I still remain the same view. You will only see the best of Boga if we give him a chance but I highly doubt it which is a shame.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, the wes said:

Sassuolo, Lille, Celta Vigo and Real Betis are among the clubs vying to secure Chelsea midfielder Jeremie Boga for next season, as all parties continue to weigh up their options, Goal understands.

Any of them interested in purchasing?

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/06/2018 at 1:15 PM, the wes said:

Sassuolo, Lille, Celta Vigo and Real Betis are among the clubs vying to secure Chelsea midfielder Jeremie Boga for next season, as all parties continue to weigh up their options, Goal understands.

And it seems Sassaullo is his destination. I believe it’s a loan with an option to buy at the end. 

Sassuolo are in negotiations for Chelsea midfielder Jeremie Boga, trying to add the player on a permanent deal. Agreement between the clubs has been reached

https://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/sassuolo-deal-near-for-chelseas-jeremie-boga-agreement-reached-between-clubs