Playstation 4

Steve

Any release date for the ps4 announced?

No console.

No release date.

No price.

:doh:

Nobody was expecting any of that to be announced!

Not showing the console was one of the smartest moves I have seen Sony doing. They will have something to talk about on E3 and the rest of the year.

They did say it will release on Holiday 2013 though...

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a high school kid. I am a uni student... And they wouldn't be paying for it. Student finance ftw! :D

I know that, I was talking about me! :D

In my case, I would have to ask my father to buy it for me because I wont have money. And that I aint doing...

Not showing the console was one of the smartest moves I have seen Sony doing. They will have something to talk about on E3 and the rest of the year.

I hope it's 2013 for everyone and not just America. It would be a bit stupid to release it early next year when a month before Christmas is the best time for sales.

Can't wait for the trailer for gta 5 on ps4 assuming they are gonna do that. Be it a bit weird if they didn't considering how long it has been since the last one.

I think it will, but the PS3 version will probably arrive earlier!

It seems too soon for the PS4 to launch in Spetember....

That DriveClub got me going really! :D

As a parent, not interested in buying it for my son… my husband, more likely!

Is it back compatible for games? That is my big question.

We dont know that, we also dont know if you will be able to play used games...

There are still big questions surronding it, probably answered in June (E3).

EDIT: My dad only likes God of War, lol.

I completely disagree. When you present something to a consumer, you want them to imagine owning it, holding it and visualising it in their living room. Whilst Sony showed some cool stuff, they left newspapers and websites without a single unifying image.

Look at what Apple do - they are the masters at this type of thing and Sony completely ignored their examples.

In fact, thinking back on the whole thing the most impressive thing was an old man's head. Nothing else really amazed me to be honest.

I completely disagree. When you present something to a consumer, you want them to imagine owning it, holding it and visualising it in their living room. Whilst Sony showed some cool stuff, they left newspapers and websites without a single unifying image.

Look at what Apple do - they are the masters at this type of thing and Sony completely ignored their examples.

In fact, thinking back on the whole thing the most impressive thing was an old man's head. Nothing else really amazed me to be honest.

True, but Apple is the leader in their market. Not so much anymore in the phone market, but in the ipod/tablet markets they still dominate, wheras Sony has to compete with XBOX which is a much bigger challenge so they have to counter what they do. If they announce everything now then XBOX does thier thing and people are talking about the xbox. Wheras now people will still be talking about both. I get their logic. Like you i would have loved to see more, but from their point of view it doesn't make sense to show all their cards straight away.

True, but Apple is the leader in their market. Not so much anymore in the phone market, but in the ipod/tablet markets they still dominate, wheras Sony has to compete with XBOX which is a much bigger challenge so they have to counter what they do. If they announce everything now then XBOX does thier thing and people are talking about the xbox. Wheras now people will still be talking about both. I get their logic. Like you i would have loved to see more, but from their point of view it doesn't make sense to show all their cards straight away.

But if Xbox come out tomorrow and show a prototype of what there product will look like and a new exclusive feature they're already a step ahead of them. Sony didn't really blow anyone out of the water. They should've gone in guns blazing and really got people talking, instead people are saying how disappointed they were with the showing.

I imagine the folks at Microsoft are sitting there very smugly right now, whilst planning their next step.

But if Xbox come out tomorrow and show a prototype of what there product will look like and a new exclusive feature they're already a step ahead of them. Sony didn't really blow anyone out of the water. They should've gone in guns blazing and really got people talking, instead people are saying how disappointed they were with the showing.

I imagine the folks at Microsoft are sitting there very smugly right now, whilst planning their next step.

I am not saying it was that spectacular, but its safer to still have stuff to show people and get them talking than to release it too soon, as once it has been done you can't go back. Its also 9 months away from the release. Lots of buzz too early could fade too soon. And when microsoft launches theirs even if it does look spectacular there will be a lot of people wondering about what the ps3 will be like.

They definitely went the safe route, but considering how much money this is worse, you can't really blame them for it.

I am not saying it was that spectacular, but its safer to still have stuff to show people and get them talking than to release it too soon, as once it has been done you can't go back. Its also 9 months away from the release. Lots of buzz too early could fade too soon. And when microsoft launches theirs even if it does look spectacular there will be a lot of people wondering about what the ps3 will be like.

They definitely went the safe route, but considering how much money this is worse, you can't really blame them for it.

But they'll know exactly what they're doing and what's going in it, they could've given off a lot more. Even given hints and got people talking, but they've given people pretty much nothing to go on. It was abysmal.

But they'll know exactly what they're doing and what's going in it, they could've given off a lot more. Even given hints and got people talking, but they've given people pretty much nothing to go on. It was abysmal.

Yeah i agree with that, they could have built it up a lot more. GTA 5 to be released on PS4 would have been good... :D