NBA 2K series

manpe

Went to the lakers? Damnn either you got traded or................somebody had a bad rookie showcase :D

Me too (im a ball hog), when we're down points i demand the ball and call for a pick and roll every single time down the court. Also on defense, when we're down im soo eager to get the ball back i help defensively no matter where the ball is and my man is always left for the open shot (but if i dont go and help defensively im certain they'll score anyway so its like a double edged sword)! So in the end up hurting the team 2x as bad. lmaooo

Also those press confernce (how sick is that by the way) but a first i try and pull a JM being all cocky and sit, but as my play picks up i start to answer more professionally and become that "leader". But i can't help myself so i still throw in a few arrogant answers here and there.

Its funny though because once i choose arrogant, its like my heart skips a beat as i wait to here how OTT his response will be.

Nah I got traded lol. Was originally at the nets.

Yeah i kinda feel bad for kobe. Second best player in the nba and he only gets like 10 field goal attempts a game. As a point guard I pretty much run everything, which doesn't help. I'm a stealing king though, as I worked out the timing when they throw the ball in play so get like 12 steals a game. And also about 5 fouls. But never get subbed.

The graphics look so sick on the next gen ones though. Obviously the lesser guys won't get as much attention as LeBron will so I'm sure there will still be some (he looks nothing like that players). But all the big name players and animations look like real life.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I won the division, conference and the finals in my first season with Lakers. Kobe MVP in regular season and finals. Playing with Kobe was unreal, there were times more often than not when it was more difficult to miss shots than make shots with him. At the end of the season I got bored with Lakers - Nash retired and I released Kobe (I thought it would make more salary cap available to sign CP3 and Howard, but it didnt), and association auto-saved itself automatically so I basically fucked LA over by releasing Kobe (hes in Sacramento Kings now :blush:) Their only star now is Howard as he was the only one I was able to resign. Nash got replaced by Jameer Nelson, so thats a severe downgrade. This free agency shit fucked over my team, which was in perfect balance and ready to grow. Now they have to rely on Howard and Parsons to carry them.

Anyway, since Trailblazers have a very talented team and also signed Kobe as FA, I went there. But I decided enough of Kobe, its too easy to play with him, I already sealed his legacy with double MVP and championship season, so I traded him for DeMarcus Cousins as the team was missing a proper centre. Anyway, this is my brand new Portland team after making some trades and signing a few FAs:

C - Cousins

PF - Aldridge

SF - Paul George

SG - Batum

PG - Lillard

All young, all over 80 ovrl. On the bench I have Kawhi Leonard, J.ONeal, Kenyon Martin, Taj Gibson and some other good role players who I cant remember atm.

I have a question though: what is the best way to develop youngsters? Till now I have done nothing, I just give them as many minutes each game as I can. What else is there to do? I want to develop all of them over 90 ovrl during this season. All of them have either A or B potential, I traded all the less potent ones, so it shouldnt be too hard to make them gain more skill. What is the best way to do it?

So I won the division, conference and the finals in my first season with Lakers. Kobe MVP in regular season and finals. Playing with Kobe was unreal, there were times more often than not when it was more difficult to miss shots than make shots with him. At the end of the season I got bored with Lakers - Nash retired and I released Kobe (I thought it would make more salary cap available to sign CP3 and Howard, but it didnt), and association auto-saved itself automatically so I basically fucked LA over by releasing Kobe (hes in Sacramento Kings now :blush:) Their only star now is Howard as he was the only one I was able to resign. Nash got replaced by Jameer Nelson, so thats a severe downgrade. This free agency shit fucked over my team, which was in perfect balance and ready to grow. Now they have to rely on Howard and Parsons to carry them.

Anyway, since Trailblazers have a very talented team and also signed Kobe as FA, I went there. But I decided enough of Kobe, its too easy to play with him, I already sealed his legacy with double MVP and championship season, so I traded him for DeMarcus Cousins as the team was missing a proper centre. Anyway, this is my brand new Portland team after making some trades and signing a few FAs:

C - Cousins

PF - Aldridge

SF - Paul George

SG - Batum

PG - Lillard

All young, all over 80 ovrl. On the bench I have Kawhi Leonard, J.ONeal, Kenyon Martin, Taj Gibson and some other good role players who I cant remember atm.

I have a question though: what is the best way to develop youngsters? Till now I have done nothing, I just give them as many minutes each game as I can. What else is there to do? I want to develop all of them over 90 ovrl during this season. All of them have either A or B potential, I traded all the less potent ones, so it shouldnt be too hard to make them gain more skill. What is the best way to do it?

Great roster there. Best thing to do is give them minutes and make them undergo potential training (especially the B ones) in the off season.

I think I might start a new MyCAREER (got bored of the other ones quickly), but I thought I would create a huge centre to sit under the basket and slam the ball in from under the basket every time I get the ball Shaq style for the lols.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!! I tell you, 2k are the best at capturing the realism that goes on in an NBA game. This just fucking blew my mind, not to mention the realism in the people's voices was just amazing. Good thing im waiting for ps4 before i buy any new games (havent bought Fifa, COD, Madden, or 2K). All i can say is, Damn!

Also listen to this guy talk about the 2k14 next gen MY PLAYER series.....my jaw fucking dropped.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!! I tell you, 2k are the best at capturing the realism that goes on in an NBA game. This just fucking blew my mind, not to mention the realism in the people's voices was just amazing. Good thing im waiting for ps4 before i buy any new games (havent bought Fifa, COD, Madden, or 2K). All i can say is, Damn!

Also listen to this guy talk about the 2k14 next gen MY PLAYER series.....my jaw fucking dropped.

I can't fucking wait for the PS4 to drop.

I can't fucking wait for the PS4 to drop.

Will prob cop that around christmas time,, its a sacrifice im willingly to take tho. First game for me will be 2k, nd if enough left over then Fifa but 2k is exactly what the switch to next gen should look/feel like.

Been reading fifa next gen and its also not that bad, as their presentation of the game is surreal, they finally worked on the other stuff (crowds, got rid of unnecessary replays/cut scenes, i read they got better commentary, and 100s of new annimations). But fifa have been holding everythin pretty close not really giving a lot of info yet on new features expecially on career mode.

Read also about the General Manager mode on 2k14,, its also surreal.

When u gettin the ps4? Right around when it drops?

Will prob cop that around christmas time,, its a sacrifice im willingly to take tho. First game for me will be 2k, nd if enough left over then Fifa but 2k is exactly what the switch to next gen should look/feel like.

Been reading fifa next gen and its also not that bad, as their presentation of the game is surreal, they finally worked on the other stuff (crowds, got rid of unnecessary replays/cut scenes, i read they got better commentary, and 100s of new annimations). But fifa have been holding everythin pretty close not really giving a lot of info yet on new features expecially on career mode.

Read also about the General Manager mode on 2k14,, its also surreal.

When u gettin the ps4? Right around when it drops?

It looks crazy. NBA 2K14 looks like it's going to be the best sports game on next gen.

Hopefully getting the PS4 around Christmas time.

• 1 year later...

Tested 2K15 on PC a week ago. At first I was surprised how smart my players acted on offense (providing space on the floor etc) but on the other end of the court they are an absolut mess as it gets clearer the more you play, especially when the opponent guards are attacking the rim. They just fucking slide through 3 defenders as if that's nothing and on top of that they manage to grab their own rebounds in traffic, too.

My League's great though. The in-season practice effects are brilliant and players' values really get more into the spotlight with the new rating system. Would appreciate the mode even more though if my home game attendence wasn't at around 50-60% despite being a playoff team going back-to-back to the conference finals.