Fernando Torres

It would be interesting to see how much of an influence is wages will have on our aspiration to get an elite forward in the summer. Considering it's virtually impossible to get rid of him due to his ridiculous wages and the financial constraints of ffp means we probably cannot afford to have a 180k pwk earner on the books as a mere squad player.

The only way to fix this mess is to develop a time machine

This!

For me the worst part in the torres saga

He hold us back from buying a top striker with his ridiculous high wage and transfer fee

I dunno maybe Torres wouldn't get the extreme support he does if the extreme hate didn't exsist.. I remember some members in this thread bad mouthing the mans children because of their strong dislike of Torres.. What have they done to WARRANT such abuse.. I feel points can still be made that he has not been good enough for us which is FACT without being derogatory towards the player or his family. It is a forum and everyone is encouraged to have an opinion just because they may not share the same views as you on Torres' contribution to the team does not mean to them that it is any less valid...

Torres is still not good enough for this team even after the half decent season he had last year and I would like him gone for 2 reason one his wages off the bill and two the fact that we have yet to sign a quality striker since then for fear of flopping or upsetting Torres.. He will be gone I feel sooner rather than later because Jose will have had a full season to work with him and will let him know by end of this year he is surplus to requirements. And when he does leave I will not wish him any ill will cause he came to do a job and it just didn't work out

No offense but that's rubbish, even before one Chelsea fan gave up on him (i was one off the 1st, i wanted him gone as early as January 2012 and haven't budged since) there was still excuse after excuse for him, fair enough the first few months but ever since summer 11 the excuses became silly.
Put it this way, if a 3m signing from Vittese got the same minutes and chances he has with the same type off displays, he would probably be disliked on the same level as Bogarde.
As for the Torres and his kid thing, some member put up a gif off his son apparently trying to strike the ball but missing in the usual EOS lap off honour, talk about mountain out off a molehill, i slipped over taking a pen when i was a kid, didn't hear the end off it for months, was i getting abused to?
Yes the gif would have been better off not posted, but any other player and no one would have blinked let alone brought the matter back up months later.

HOW THINGS HAVE CHANGED!!!

From minute 1 I was against this deal to even happen. Always had my reservation against him and the rumors that we would be breaking all transfer records just always made it a no-no for me.

But at that point of time, if u even expressed a doubt over torres, u generally would have got 50 notifocations in the next 5 minutes, 49 of them would be death threats and the other one would be calling u "a fucking plastic".

Even in 11-12, I remember how much ridicule I had to face when the great AVB started him over DD and I used to be shouting at the top of my voice.

But like I said, how much things have changed. The staunchest of torres supporters ( and I remenber a lot of them) have changed sides. But the point is can u blame them? Uptil last year, torres' performance showed his exact sentiment towards the club. He simply dint give a shit. Determination and effort my ass, he dint show the basic passion that u would associate with a player.

As for his contribution, only on this forum would u get an argument as silly as he won the corner which led to the goal when said to list out torres' accomplishments. He scored the goal against barca when he should have been defending his ass off. Instead he loses the ball twice ( one of those led to meireles sacrificing himself for the team and taking a yellow) and in the other one it LUCKILY ended as a goal. Goals against city and arsenal, well, after more than 3 years in a team and in a league which boasts of 6-7 big teams, when u can count a strikers important goals on your fingers, then u can guess what a flop he has been.

Anyways, coming back to this season, it has been a new torres. One who has worked hard, has had poor moments (missing a sitter against city) but also has had some good moments (like setting up our first goal moments later in the same city match and also scoring the goal towards the end as well as hitting the post).

There is no denying that it has been an improved torres that has played for us this season (like there could have been anything worse than what he was last season). But there is also no denying the fact that for someone who earns 175kpw and is supposed to be our no.1 striker, he simply is not good enough. He needs a new start as much as we need a new start from him. Simply put, he should not be in our squad for the next season.

Yep, exactly the same sentiments here. Remember how Drogba was almost a villain at one point?

The thing is, you can't forever live in the transfer windows. You have to look at player performances each season, and I have to say in 2013, Torres has been solid even if unspectacular.

The goal count looks really mediocre, but its not as if our manager is expecting any of his strikers to hit 20+. He knows he doesn't have a complete forward, so he keeps rotating.

No offense but that's rubbish, even before one Chelsea fan gave up on him (i was one off the 1st, i wanted him gone as early as January 2012 and haven't budged since) there was still excuse after excuse for him, fair enough the first few months but ever since summer 11 the excuses became silly.
Put it this way, if a 3m signing from Vittese got the same minutes and chances he has with the same type off displays, he would probably be disliked on the same level as Bogarde.
As for the Torres and his kid thing, some member put up a gif off his son apparently trying to strike the ball but missing in the usual EOS lap off honour, talk about mountain out off a molehill, i slipped over taking a pen when i was a kid, didn't hear the end off it for months, was i getting abused to?
Yes the gif would have been better off not posted, but any other player and no one would have blinked let alone brought the matter back up months later.

I think you may have still missed my point I too am fed up of Torres and how he has stopped us from signing quality strikers but the point I was trying to make is that even as he hasn't kicked a ball since United he is being abused hence why people who still Torres feel the need to come and defend him.. Using the same old sorry he won us the corner and carried us through Europa blah blah.. I think its best that if you don't like the player stay out of is thread if every post you are going to call him a cunt or useless piece of shit...Its counter productive cause it won't get him out of Chelsea any faster and it just brings in the Torres supporters and the cycle begins all over again.. I'm just thinking objectively that's all

Oh and about the gif fair enough but to use the mans family to take a pop shot at him even in jest is a little tasteless .. say what you want about the man if you must but no need to his kids its if you were failing at your job your kid comes to work trys doing what you do and fails as well and people bring it up not to get at your kid but to insult you I would think it wouldn't be as funny then that someone was involving your child

I think you may have still missed my point I too am fed up of Torres and how he has stopped us from signing quality strikers but the point I was trying to make is that even as he hasn't kicked a ball since United he is being abused hence why people who still Torres feel the need to come and defend him.. Using the same old sorry he won us the corner and carried us through Europa blah blah.. I think its best that if you don't like the player stay out of is thread if every post you are going to call him a cunt or useless piece of shit...Its counter productive cause it won't get him out of Chelsea any faster and it just brings in the Torres supporters and the cycle begins all over again.. I'm just thinking objectively that's all

Oh and about the gif fair enough but to use the mans family to take a pop shot at him even in jest is a little tasteless .. say what you want about the man if you must but no need to his kids its if you were failing at your job your kid comes to work trys doing what you do and fails as well and people bring it up not to get at your kid but to insult you I would think it wouldn't be as funny then that someone was involving your child

The only bit i challenged was the extreme love counteracting the extreme hate, the former was around from day 1. The rest off your post is fair.

• 2 weeks later...

I Really Hope That You Fernando Torres That You Can Give us Chelsea FC Fans and Supporters just one more thing before 2013/2014 EPL Season finishes - Please Give us A 3 GOAL HAT-TRICK in at least one game this Season before 2013/2014 Season Ends. I Know You Can Do it Torres. Come-on Torres.

I Really Hope That You Fernando Torres That You Can Give us Chelsea FC Fans and Supporters just one more thing before 2013/2014 EPL Season finishes - Please Give us A 3 GOAL HAT-TRICK in at least one game this Season before 2013/2014 Season Ends. I Know You Can Do it Torres. Come-on Torres.

1921989_283876571769583_1093329223_n.jpg

Lets be ambitious, Kevin! We want a FOUR goal hattrick!

Just saw some old stuff when Fernando was very young what a talent. I think he still has it in him. He needs confidence and to be injury free for a while :(

He doesnt have it in him anymore. And if he hasnt proved that himself the last seasons, I dont know what you've been watching. Too much youtube for you perhaps :)

He doesnt have it in him anymore. And if he hasnt proved that himself the last seasons, I dont know what you've been watching. Too much youtube for you perhaps :)

Why quote something from a week ago??

If you BOTHERED to read any of my posts mate, you would see I have CONSTANTLY said Torres is **** now!!

Maybe take a look at other posts and have a think before you tell me to stop watching YouTube .

It was a dvd ACTUALLY!!

I personally just think its a shame he has lost earlier promise. But he has.